Start by marking “The Star Man” as Want to Read:
The Star Man

The Star Man (Mistletoe Madness)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  10 reviews
On Christmas Eve, Matthew Cromby is fired by Dove Hollister, the man he has a secret crush on. But things get much stranger when, right in front of him, Dove is hit by lightning and wakes up a different man--a sweet, sexy, and untouched angel who has been watching Matthew, drawn by his yearning. Dove can't stay on Earth, and protective Matthew vows to help him get home, de ...more
Published December 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Star Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Star Man

Cole Riann

I'm not sure how I felt about this. At times it was really cute and sometimes Dove is hilariously funny, but other times it comes off super cheesy and I really wish there had been more to the story, especially the ending. Still, not bad, but I wouldn't say great either.
Serena Yates
Magical is the only word that comes to my mind after finishing this story. What a wonderful twist on the 'angels as aliens' idea.

Matthew is a wounded young man, trying to survive after being sent to prison for protecting his sister from someone who wanted to hurt her. When an 'angel' takes over Matthew's boss's body and tries to heal him, he fights and struggles for a long time. He doesn't want to love someone again for fear of losing them. But the angel gets to him, just like he'd gotten to the
Ilona
I'm sure that this is a previous release of the book I just finished called Star. The only difference in the blurb is the boss's name. Here it is Dove and in the book I just read it is Star.
Ice
Damn. I cried hard reading this one! I was still actually crying at the so-called "end!"
I MEAN, THAT WAS IT!? REALLY?! I want more!!!
Fi Brit
Achingly sweet. A strange premise but beautiful in it's weirdness. I even cried at the end.
Sydney
So beautiful!
Veronica /  V
Meggie
I'm stuck at this review. The plot is short but sweet. Story of an Alien angel and ex-con. It's sad story with broken soul and little bit of hope at the end.
OkayKim
I really like this one. What would make it better???? A sequel!!!
Leni
Not the ending I expected!
Persimmon
Persimmon marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Taylor Morgan
Taylor Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Wichard Fella
Wichard Fella marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Laura added it
Jun 03, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • The Santa Mug
  • Rebound (Heartwarming)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Simple Gifts (Farm,  #1.5)
  • Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)
  • Different Strokes
  • Hopes and Fears
  • A Trouble Halved
  • September's Tide (Island Tales, #2)
  • Wish List
  • If I Must
  • Lift Me Up
  • A Wealth of Unsaid Words
  • The Long Way Home
  • Fruit and Cheese
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)

romance author
Jan Irving has worked in all kinds of creative fields, from painting silk to making porcelain ceramics, to interior design, but writing was always her passion.

She feels you can’t fully understand characters until you follow their journey through a story world.
More about Jan Irving...

Mistletoe Madness (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • An Australian Christmas In New York
  • Biting the Christmas Biscuit (Broken #1.5)
  • Cabin Fever over the Holidays
  • Charity Starts at Home
  • Christmas Perfection
  • Collingsworth
  • Dresden Weihnachten
  • Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)
  • Four Grooms and a Queen (Murder Most Gay, 2.5)
Luke (Sylvan, #2) The Hired Man The Janitor (The Contenders, #1) Straight Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #1) Shifter Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys #2)