Holiday History

Holiday History (Mistletoe Madness)

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When Kevin is hired to paint Gary's house before the holidays, he's immediately attracted to the rich, smart, and handsome man who is way out of Kevin's league. Why? Because Kevin has a history just like Gary's present life; he grew up rich and privileged before his father's gambling destroyed his financial security. Though Gary is interested in him, Kevin is scared to try...more
Published December 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

Serena Yates
This is a nice feel-good Christmas story about an impoverished ex-student who meets a lonely rich professor.

Kevin has to paint houses to make a living after his father gambled away his college fund. When he meets Gary while painting his house just before the holidays he's attracted to the other man. He doesn't think he's good enough for the history professor, but luckily Gary doesn't listen to hs objections and pursues Kevin until he gives in.

I liked the idea of having a poor ex-student run into...more
Deeze
This should have been a sweet simple Christmas story, and for the most part it was.

But for me the whole thing felt disjointed and off. The dialogue didn't seem realistic and I couldn't understand why Kevin ran the first time Gary made a move but then was fine when he turned up on his doorstep and they went straight to bed.

Overall I just can't say I particularly enjoyed this one, although there was nothing really bad about it either.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

While I liked this story, I felt like it ended way too fast and too soon. It didn't feel like Kevin and Gary really knew each other and I think that was because the parts where they realize they have so much in common is glossed over instead of shown. I liked the characters but didn't feel like I knew them. I did really enjoy the fact that Kevin went from being rich to living paycheck to paycheck. It was very eye opening for him so it made him appreciate everything Gary had even more. I...more
blub
A really nice sweet read. Kevin who's down on his luck after his father gambles away his college fund find himself working as a house painter. On one of his jobs he meet Gary. They both feel an attraction for each other but end up dancing around each other for a good part of the story.

Sure the scenario has probably been done a lot but frankly it never gets tiring to see it coming from someone different every time and Heidi Champa did a great job with this story.
Laura added it
Jun 03, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Davina
Davina added it
Sep 02, 2013
MiMi Rae
MiMi Rae marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Heather  Skye
Heather Skye marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Black Rose
Black Rose marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Madison Parker
Madison Parker marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
L-D
L-D added it
Nov 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Heidi Champa is a typical last-born child. Snarky, attention-seeking and rebellious, she started to create dirty stories to keep herself out of real trouble. Having tried her hand at a million terrible jobs, she bought herself a laptop and finally started typing up those handwritten tales. After much deliberation, she started to let other people read her work.

In addition to her flare with the wri...more
More about Heidi Champa...
Animal Magnetism Roadside Assistance Losing and Gaining White Out Left of the Dial