Start by marking “Holiday History” as Want to Read:
Holiday History

Holiday History (Mistletoe Madness)

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When Kevin is hired to paint Gary's house before the holidays, he's immediately attracted to the rich, smart, and handsome man who is way out of Kevin's league. Why? Because Kevin has a history just like Gary's present life; he grew up rich and privileged before his father's gambling destroyed his financial security. Though Gary is interested in him, Kevin is scared to try ...more
Published December 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Holiday History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday History

Serena Yates
This is a nice feel-good Christmas story about an impoverished ex-student who meets a lonely rich professor.

Kevin has to paint houses to make a living after his father gambled away his college fund. When he meets Gary while painting his house just before the holidays he's attracted to the other man. He doesn't think he's good enough for the history professor, but luckily Gary doesn't listen to hs objections and pursues Kevin until he gives in.

I liked the idea of having a poor ex-student run into
This should have been a sweet simple Christmas story, and for the most part it was.

But for me the whole thing felt disjointed and off. The dialogue didn't seem realistic and I couldn't understand why Kevin ran the first time Gary made a move but then was fine when he turned up on his doorstep and they went straight to bed.

Overall I just can't say I particularly enjoyed this one, although there was nothing really bad about it either.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

While I liked this story, I felt like it ended way too fast and too soon. It didn't feel like Kevin and Gary really knew each other and I think that was because the parts where they realize they have so much in common is glossed over instead of shown. I liked the characters but didn't feel like I knew them. I did really enjoy the fact that Kevin went from being rich to living paycheck to paycheck. It was very eye opening for him so it made him appreciate everything Gary had even more. I
A really nice sweet read. Kevin who's down on his luck after his father gambles away his college fund find himself working as a house painter. On one of his jobs he meet Gary. They both feel an attraction for each other but end up dancing around each other for a good part of the story.

Sure the scenario has probably been done a lot but frankly it never gets tiring to see it coming from someone different every time and Heidi Champa did a great job with this story.
another sweet read this one is about an ex rich student who lost pretty much everything, making it now as a painter and is hired by gary an rich man an professor who sees potential in kevin and wants the best for him. They have an attraction towards each other and gary also likes to help kevin however he can will kevin give him that chance.
Leane marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Derynmorin1970 marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Lynnette Hartwig
Lynnette Hartwig marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Driima marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Aress marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Racheal Robinson
Racheal Robinson marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Laura added it
Jun 03, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Heidi Champa is a typical last-born child. Snarky, attention-seeking and rebellious, she started to create dirty stories to keep herself out of real trouble. Having tried her hand at a million terrible jobs, she bought herself a laptop and finally started typing up those handwritten tales. After much deliberation, she started to let other people read her work.

In addition to her flare with the wri
More about Heidi Champa...

Mistletoe Madness (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • An Australian Christmas In New York
  • Biting the Christmas Biscuit (Broken #1.5)
  • Cabin Fever over the Holidays
  • Charity Starts at Home
  • Christmas Perfection
  • Collingsworth
  • Dresden Weihnachten
  • Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)
  • Four Grooms and a Queen (Murder Most Gay, 2.5)