Start by marking “Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)” as Want to Read:
Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)

Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Gideon Makepeace grew up in Bill Tourney's Traveling Wild West Show, so he knows Indians better than a lot of folks of his day. He and his half-breed lover, Jedediah Buffalo Bird, are traveling east to New Orleans where Gideon hopes they'll find a home together, safe among the crowds of the big city. But it's winter in the desert and a storm is blowing in, so when they run ...more
Published December 5th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage

Ami
Gideon and his half-breed lover, Jedediah, was still on the road heading to New Orleans. They stopped in Kingman, Arizona, due to winter storm and stopped for some warm places and maybe a chance to celebrate holiday.

I was quite surprised when I saw that the release date for this novella was actually PRIOR Well Traveled because the story was a continuation of that novel. There was the understated tone combined with fear of something bad that might happened and my heart just broke when I read the
Наталья
Мало! Мало! Мало!

По сюжету еще возможна куча таких новелл, но особо интересно было бы прочитать про знакомство с семьей Гидеона и, возможно, с близкими Джеда.

Ну почему авторы не продолжили приключения этой парочки???
Breann
This was a fantastic follow up to Well Traveled. There was a pretty solid HEA at the end of the first book but this really solidified Gideon and Jedediah's relationship. We even got to see some mushy-gushy lovey goodness from Jed. I loved it! I only hope there are more to come in this series.
Runell
It's nice to know that Jed and Gideon are continuing to live happily ever after. I hope there will be more of them soon.
Tam
This was one of the Dreamspinner Christmas things that I didn't read and everyone said it is amazing and I finally sucked it up and read it. There is a reason why I don't read historicals, I had to skim over part of it. I KNOW really really bad shit happened, I don't want to read about it. But besides that, Jed is a half-breed traveling with Gideon whose family owned a traveling wild west show. They are heading to New Orleans but it's Christmas and they are only in Arizona and it's starting to s ...more
Serena Yates
This is an amazing story about change and acceptance, set in the 'Wild West' of the late 1800s. The situation of the two taveling lovers facing hostile people in the town had me facinated as much as the vivid and detailed descriptions of their world.

Gideon is a young and sometimes hot-headed white man in love with the slightly older half-Sioux Jed. On their way to New Orleans, where they hope to find a society more accepting of a Native American, Gideon learns to understand Jed's hesitance and w
Stacey Jo
I do so love Gideon and Jedediah. My only complaint with this one is that it's too short. Can we please get a Gideon and Jedediah #3? In this short sequel, they are moving on and stop in a town along their way to New Orleans to meet up with Gideon's family and their western side show. It's Christmas and through the help of a kind stranger, Gideon and Jedediah get the opportunity to spend a very special Christmas together.
Plainbrownwrapper
I liked this coda to Well Traveled very much -- maybe even better than the first book. This is a sort of distillation of the themes that run throughout the first story -- Gideon's generous but somewhat naive and oblivious nature, Jed's stoicism and well-earned but often repressed fears, and their growth both as individuals and as a couple. Told in quiet, almost dreamy language, this is a must-read and greatly satisfying follow-up to the main story.

I'm giving this one 4.99 stars. I could allllllm
Lala
A nice follow-up to Well Traveled. Wish it was longer)
Asynia
This book is set in the American (US) West in the late 1800's, sometime after the civil war, but not more that a few decdes later, I'd say. We meet Gideon, a young man who's apparently worked in a Wild West Show, and has the show pony to show for it. He's on the road, traveling eastwards, with his lover, a half-breed Native American called Jedediah Buffalo Bird, who seems to be quite a bit older (and wiser).

Rough weather forces them to stop at a small town just before Christmas, but Jedediah isn
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

Perfect MM romance novella with two great leads and a strong romance balancing sexual and emotional intimacy.

I am always looking for emotional, erotic romance and this novella offers that. Sex for sex sake is fine but it gets a bit mechanical sometimes and I can honestly say this novella offers a perfect balance of emotional and sexual intimacy. Gideon and Jedediah are learning about each other and for Gideon this means changing his devil-may-care-ways for J
Feliz
Although we aren’t supposed to judge a book by its cover, I wouldn’t have taken up this one either, only based on the front picture and the blurb. There’s another saying, you eat with your eyes first, and this is obviously true in m/m fiction, too. There’s a lot to be said to the power of covers… Then again, better an unassuming cover that hides a precious little gem of a story like this one does, than a “holy hell HAWT” cover when the story can’t live up to it.

This book takes up a few days afte
Kade Boehme
It's a crying fuckin shame people don't know about Gideon and Jed. These two books were just fabulous. Wish they'd written one more to get them on to New Orleans but it's still a decent HEA. And since this last one came out in 09, im guessing I shouldn't hold my breath for that follow up haha. A def must read, this and the first book.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Wow! This was a wonderful story, an amazing follow-up to Well Traveled. The love scene in this one was one of the best I've ever read-- a true and powerful emotional connection.

I want more! I hope we get to see more of Gideon and Jedediah as they travel across country to New Orleans, but if we don't, at least I know these guys are meant to be together for life.

Highly recommend to all who've read the first one. Don't miss this!
Becky Condit
The story of Gideon and Jedediah continues as they trek from California to New Orleans to meet up with the traveling wild west show and Gideon's family. This is a Christmas story of a winter in a small Arizona mountain mining town and the acceptance Gideon craves for Jed. Sweet and sad, with Jed telling the story of the murder and hanging of his friend. Has a good ending with the town accepting them after they put on a trick pony show. I would love to read more about Gideon and Jed and their lif ...more
Tess
Short but beautiful continuation of Gideon and Jed's story.
Kathy
4.5 stars ~ Gideon and Jed's story was wonderful & touching and a lesson all wrapped up in a tender and loving romance. I loved that Gideon was willing to do anything for Jed to make up for his actions. Jed is such a gentle man and he responded by opening his heart even more to Gideon.

Could there be another story about these two men? I'd grab it up in an instant!
Elizabeth H.
Delightful to meet up with Gideon and Jed again. I enjoyed reading this novella but thought it lacked a guiding structure and purpose. That's the only reason it's four stars for me and not five. I really do hope these authors write more about these characters. I'm very interested in discovering what kind of lives they can make for themselves in New Orleans.
Katy Beth Mckee
It was great to have a short Christmas visit with these two friends. I really like that while it might not be politically correct usage in our day that the author uses the words and ideas that would be appropriate for the era in both spoken word and in the internal thoughts as well.
Td
Very nice continuation to Well Traveled holiday style. I felt I understood Jedediah better and what makes him tick after this story. Love these two together and would love to read more about them.
Donna
Great sequel to the first book and I hope to read more stories about these two men in the future. I really love these two guys, especially Gideon.
inume27
Jun 15, 2012 inume27 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
This was so sweet...Toppy Jed is so freaking romantic and intense. I want to read more about these guys,dammit......
dblue
review to follow.
Breanna
Breanna marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • According To Hoyle
  • If It Ain't Love
  • The Last Chance Ranch
  • Skybound
  • Allegiance: A Dublin Novella
  • Dulce et Decorum Est
  • My True Love Gave to Me (Brook Street, #0.5)
  • The Nobleman and the Spy
  • Counterpoint: Dylan's Story
  • The Santa Mug
  • The Place Where They Cried
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • The Dark Farewell
  • End of the Trail (End Of The Trail, #1)
  • Bonds of Earth
  • Silver and Gold
  • Hopes and Fears
  • Simple Gifts (Farm,  #1.5)
Margaret Mills is a professional technical writer and editor; branching into narrative fiction seemed like a natural extension of the pleasure that writing has always been for her. A California resident, Maggie enjoys hiking in the nearby hills, reading, walking the dog on the beach, and writing with her co-author, Tedi Ward. Maggie met Tedi in a writers' group, and their personalities mix almost ...more
More about Margaret Mills...

Gideon and Jedediah (2 books)
  • Well Traveled (Gideon and Jedediah, #1)
Well Traveled (Gideon and Jedediah, #1) The Next Twenty Morse Code for Radio Amateurs 2010 Advent Calendar: Naughty or Nice Music in the Mind: The Concepts of Music and Musician in Afghanistan