Start by marking “A Time for Charity” as Want to Read:
A Time for Charity

A Time for Charity (Mistletoe Madness)

2.84 of 5 stars 2.84  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Mitch doesn't enjoy the holiday season much since he's always alone. And it shows: while shopping for a present for his sister, he meets Sam at the perfume counter and makes a fool of himself. But in the spirit of the giving, Mitch lets himself be dragged to a charity event, and they meet again. Will Mitch behave better this time, or is he too much of a Christmas grinch to ...more
Published December 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Time for Charity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time for Charity

Brian
This is short story about a coincidental hook-up that, apparently to go along with a theme, takes place in December. One of the main characters wraps a package and there is a sentence or two about snow globes, that apparently is enough to make it a Christmas story.

While the idea seems very weak and rather cookie cutter-ish, the writing is solid. The naughty bits are plain and to the point, which is perfect for the mood and mindset of the characters.

I would definitely consider looking at this wri
Serena Yates
Asynia
This is a short story in the "gay men finding holiday joy, model 1 subsection A"-tradition.

Mitch is slightly Grinch-ish and meets Sam, who works at the perfume counter where Mitch reuctantly buys a gift for his sister. Mitch, who's 6"2, is instantly attracted to the petite Sam with all his cuteness and piercings and teasing smiles. Sam is charmed by Mitch's obvious attraction to him. Anyone read this book before..? Or, like, 10 of them?

No huge surprise when the two of them run into each other ag
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I absolutely loved this story! While too short, I found Mitch's clumsiness around Sam so adorable. His inability to properly talk to Sam without Mitch looking like a blushing idiot was just too cute. Sam found everything Mitch did adorable as well, and while I didn't like that Sam went after Mitch's friend first then drifted back to Mitch, I still thought they were a totally hot and sweet couple. I'm glad I finally read this story because it left a goofy smile on my face just from how sweet it w ...more
Bea
Me ha gustado, pero el final es demasiado brusco. Esperaba algo más, me ha dejado a medias.
Ramsi
2,75 stars
blub
Apr 25, 2012 blub rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
A short cute read about chance meetings and the beginning blooms of love.
Danielle
Interesting.
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Sally
Sally added it
Mar 05, 2014
sassygirl
sassygirl marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A. Willingham, a born-and-bred Texan, loves books, photography, and scrapbooking. Soon after being introduced to the joy of yaoi by a coworker, she became obsessed with M/M romances. After much encouragement from friends, she decided to fulfill a lifelong daydream and try her hand at writing.
More about A. Willingham...

Mistletoe Madness (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • An Australian Christmas In New York
  • Biting the Christmas Biscuit (Broken #1.5)
  • Cabin Fever over the Holidays
  • Charity Starts at Home
  • Christmas Perfection
  • Collingsworth
  • Dresden Weihnachten
  • Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)
  • Four Grooms and a Queen (Murder Most Gay, 2.5)