Start by marking “Large Print (Unshelved, #8)” as Want to Read:
Large Print (Unshelved, #8)

Large Print (Unshelved #8)

What do you get when you mix adults, teenagers, children, babies, seniors, professionals, parents, teachers, students, homeschoolers, and the homeless? That very funniest of places, your local public library, home of the hugely popular Web comic Unshelved.

Published July 1st 2010 by Overdue Media (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Large Print, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Large Print

Clodjee
May 19, 2013 Clodjee rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Everything in this comic is eerily familiar: it tells the daily life of the staff from a dysfunctional library. Large Print is the eighth yearly compilation of Unshelved, a daily online comic strip originally published on the Unshelved website.

This volume is noticeably more hillarious than the previous one. Everyone will laugh at the funny and often absurd situations happening in the Mallville public library. I am probably laughing even harder because I recognize myself a lot in there, since I e
CatholicBibliophagist
Dec 18, 2011 CatholicBibliophagist rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Collection #8 of the web comic Unshelved.

If you work in a library, if you use libraries, or even if you just work with the public, you'll love reading Large Print.

Set at the Mallville Public Library, the cast of characters is as diverse as the inhabitants of your own public library. On the one hand, you have the staff: the library's manager who is in love with office supplies, the children's librarian who is professionally and perpetually cheerful (and has a favorite letter of the alphabet), t
Bruce
Jul 30, 2014 Bruce rated it liked it
Another year in the life of the Mallville Public Library featuring eccentric, yet ubiquitous, behavior by its customers and staff, with snarky commentary provided by Young Adult Librarian Dewey. It includes the routine challenges of broken air conditioning, customers who plug incompatible equipment into the public access computers, keeping up with the newest technology while keeping up with the outdated technology that’s still in the library, book recommendations and challenges, what to do if ...more
Brad
Nov 30, 2011 Brad rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, z-2011, comics
This was pretty funny, but probably not as funny to me as to someone who has worked as a librarian. I had some good chuckles, and appreciated some of the insight into the life that might have been mine if I had chosen a slightly different path.

I enjoyed the collection, but probably not to the point that I would actively seek out the other books or subscribe to the webcomic (as my feed reader already floweth over).

Rated: G
Susan
Apr 02, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, cartoons
I'm reading my way through these, the ones I own and the ones I don't. This particular compilation is notable for the visit of characters from another on-line comic strip by the same author, urging the digerati to use libraries. Right on!
Kate
Sep 21, 2012 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A little eerie to be traveling back into the recent past reading this; but on the other hand, enough time had passed that I'd forgotten most of these strips, making them really entertaining to re-read. Almost like new!
Kay
May 29, 2012 Kay rated it it was amazing
A comic about librarians - what could be better for a heavy library user? Entertaining, instructive, and embarrassing to contemplate that you just might be "THAT library patron". Now I need to go order the volumes that were checked out last week. Through the interlibrary system, of course!
Jesse
Apr 28, 2012 Jesse rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Another fantastic addition to Dewey's adventures! The strip about the man stealing parts of the newspaper was literally taken from my life. lol
Duane
Nov 04, 2010 Duane rated it really liked it
Anyone who works at a library will love this comic collection. Unshelved hits the mark when it comes to the daily life of a librarian. A must for any fan of library humor!
Karen
Nov 16, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-related
A fun set of comics based on the library world. I got to meet the authors at a conference, which was absolutely cool. They depict library life so funny but also so try. A lot of fun.
Aisha Mahmoud
Jun 24, 2011 Aisha Mahmoud rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Writing out of praise words for this series. This is my sixth Unshelved book to read and they just keep getting better and better; funnier and funnier. Library employees must read this!
aj
Oct 31, 2014 aj rated it really liked it
Librarian humor, how I love you. Unshelved continues to deliver accurate depictions of public library work without being depressing. So much respect for the public libraries!
Christiane
Jul 22, 2010 Christiane rated it really liked it
Latest funny and relevant collection of library humor from the Unshelved guys. If you work in a public library why aren't you reading this already? :)
Amy
Jul 27, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
Unshelved is so spot on to libraries and librarians. There were so many things I could relate to with working in a library.
Kate
Feb 05, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Life in a public library is quite amusing. My favorite strips are the "conference tips." Funny because they're true.
Larri
Sep 26, 2010 Larri rated it it was amazing
Okay, Cheryl found this one and like her other finds I was not disappointed! This one is going on my Christmas list.
Nancy
Jun 01, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
A graphic novel all about the library and its bureaucracy. Funny. I like the children librarian's idea of changing her job title to "facilitator of wonderment and delight." Consider me delighted!
Amy
Every comic strip in this collection is SO TRUE! This should be required reading for all librarians!
Tammy
Apr 28, 2014 Tammy rated it really liked it
Once again join Dewey, Tamar, Mel and the rest of the staff at the Mallville Public Library for the humor that is part of the day to day life of your library staff at a public library.
Mary
Jul 23, 2010 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unshelved, comics
If you want to know what librarians really go through, read any of the collections of the Unshelved web comic!
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2010
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2010
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2011
Adelina Esquibel
Adelina Esquibel rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
CJ
CJ rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2010
Amy Thorne
Amy Thorne rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2011
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2011
Jessie Jacobs
Jessie Jacobs rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Rebekah
Jun 15, 2015 Rebekah rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, 2015
More fun at the Mallville Library.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Bookhunter
  • Wrapped-Up FoxTrot: A Treasury with the Final Daily Strips
  • Take Our Cat, Please: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  • Baby Blues 03: Guess Who Didn't Take A Nap?
  • Simon's Cat: Beyond the Fence
  • Pearls Freaks the #*%# Out: A (Freaky) Pearls Before Swine Treasury
  • The New Yorker Book of Literary Cartoons
  • Archie: The Married Life Book 4
I write Unshelved with Bill Barnes. I've worked as a paper boy, auto mechanic, courier, English teacher, operations manager, teen services librarian, and staff development coordinator. I enjoy a wide range of graphic novels and am currently obsessed with the work of Lewis Trondheim, Emmanuel Guibert, Hope Larson, and Kazu Kibuishi. My favorite book without words is Owly The Way Home & The Bitt ...more
More about Gene Ambaum...

Unshelved (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Unshelved (Unshelved, #1)
  • What Would Dewey Do? (Unshelved, #2)
  • Library Mascot Cage Match (Unshelved, #3)
  • Book Club (Unshelved, #4)
  • Read Responsibly (Unshelved, #5)