Start by marking “Living la Vida Loca” as Want to Read:
Living la Vida Loca

Living la Vida Loca (LoveTravel #8)

Carmen has been feeling the need to break free for Too Darn Long. So when her equally frustrated friend Beth suggests the ultimate escape – dancing their way through a series of scorchingly-hot countries – she can’t resist!

There’s just one catch... they can only go on this adventure if they participate in a reality TV show, one intent on teaching them the mournful tango in
Paperback
Published May 13th 2010 by Hodder Paperback (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Living la Vida Loca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living la Vida Loca

Leah
Feb 06, 2010 Leah rated it really liked it
Carmen and Beth are best friends who are sick of the way their life has been lately. Carmen has only just broken free from a bad relationship and Beth is realising that her dream of becoming a famous dancer is ebbing away slowly. Salvation comes for the pair in the form of a reality TV show that will allow them to travel the world learning how to dance: the tango in Argentina, the Paso Doble in Spain and the Salsa in Cuba. Soon the girls are tango-ing in Buenos Aires, learning to dance with mata ...more
Vanessa
May 09, 2010 Vanessa rated it did not like it
Gave up after about 150 pages ... this book was totally boring, which is a shame considering that Belinda Jones's earlier books were really great! But over the past few years her writing has become stale and uninteresting ... :o(
Dee
Sep 09, 2016 Dee rated it it was amazing
i want to learn dancing especially tango....
Elusive Controversé
May 15, 2016 Elusive Controversé rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
In ‘Living la Vida Loca’, Carmen and Beth are best friends who yearn to live the life of their dreams. Carmen is having a hard time fully letting go of her abusive ex while Beth wishes she could dazzle the world with her amazing dance talent. When Beth stumbles upon a reality TV show which offers the opportunity to travel to three countries (Argentina, Spain and Cuba) and learn different dances (tango, paso doble and salsa), she decides to join it and alters her appearance in order to be more li ...more
Best Crime Books & More
Oct 29, 2015 Best Crime Books & More rated it it was amazing
Belinda Jones has finally released her book after a gap of two years. She has written in total ten books, two of which were non-fiction. She is without a doubt a classic `Chick Lit' writer and I personally have been a fan since she began with her debut novel `Diva Las Vegas'.

Belinda Jones started out as a magazine journalist and travel editor. It is clear from each and every one of her books that travel is the key to her heart. She has successfully made herself a firm favourite amongst us avid r
Rea Cobb
May 30, 2011 Rea Cobb rated it really liked it
I have recently read and reviewed Out of The Blue by Belinda Jones which I enjoyed and so when I saw she had released a new book, Living la Vida Loca, which was calling me from the shelves with its pink, glitzy snazzy cover how could I walk away!

Best friends Carmen and Beth are both involved in dance theatre although their jobs are completly different. Carmen works backstage with the costume designs whilst Beth is on the stage dancing her heart out.

Things become hard for Beth when she can no l
Karen
Apr 30, 2010 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance, fluff
Lacey Dearie
Dec 29, 2011 Lacey Dearie rated it it was amazing
I really felt like I was in the different locations in this book when I was reading it. I've now added Argentina to my wish list.

The main protagonist, Carmen, is likeable but a bit drippy. Her friend, Beth is one of those characters you like, then don't like, then like again. And in the end, you're not really sure how you feel about her. She's supposed to be in the supporting, best friend role, but she does a lot of things I'd be pretty angry about if she were my best friend. There would never b
Suzanne
Aug 01, 2012 Suzanne rated it liked it
Picked this up from the library for two reasons. 1) I have read a book by this author before and enjoyed that. 2) The cover looked pretty and the story made me excited to go on holiday :)

I did like this book, I just wasn't blown away or anything, hence the 3 stars. I enjoyed learning about the different dances and how they were connected to and explained the girls' love life or lack of rather. It was also interesting to learn about the girls' journey, not just the fact they travelled to all thes
Lwilé
Jun 09, 2015 Lwilé rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun! Fun!! Fun!!! Well written. Intelligent plot. And now I am definitely going away to the beach for my birthday. This book is chick lit done well; done right. The two female characters were both like-able and fun, and perfectly complemented and contrasted each other. My favourite character, hands down, was Rick. His retorts literally made laugh out loud. Absolute classics. Owing to him I give the book 5 stars.
This is the first book of hers I've ever read. With a few Goodreads members saying he
Komal
Jun 28, 2012 Komal rated it really liked it
This book has been on my bookshelf for long, waiting to be read. Finally, I picked it up and found myself engrossed in the story in no time. The plot is interesting and the author carries it forward with lively three-dimensional characters who know how to have fun and live life to the maxim! If you like to tap your feet on the sound of music or love to take up new challenges and master new fun skills, this book will keep you entertained throughout- it's fast, it's fun, it's about loving life!
Michelle
May 09, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: girly-books
This quirky story made me want to travel, dance, and shop. Not necessarily in that order.

The first thing I did when I finished was look up dancing vacations in Havana. They're a real thing.

Two single women on a reality TV show about learning how to dance Tango in Argentina, Flamenco in Spain, and Salsa in Cuba. With a tall charming cameraman, a adrenaline addicted matador and a hot sensual Cuban who speaks no English.... What more could a romance book want.
Chanpreet
Feb 14, 2012 Chanpreet rated it liked it
I really enjoyed reading about Beth and Carmen's journeys and growth in Living La Vida Loca. I don't think I've liked any of Belinda Jones's books as much as this one. Reading about the origins and history of some hot Latin dances was great, and I really wish I could travel to these places and learn these dances. Maybe I will someday. The book ends in a way that I think leaves space for a sequel. It would be nice to see the girls get their HEAs.
Zoeyleow
Jun 30, 2013 Zoeyleow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i really liked this book. it's not the mainstream type of book that you can guess the ending once you read the second chapter. that is a big thumbs up from me :D
Learned quite a few things about dance & some advise myself. that's a big bonus :)
would give it a 5stars if it had more of a climax cz i couldnt find any
Roomie
Jun 12, 2014 Roomie rated it really liked it
I quite liked this. It was a nice easy read and the characters were quite normal and relatable. It was nice to go on a journey with the two ladies. If you like the other books then you should like this one too, although I did like some of the other ones a bit more.
Mintti
Mar 16, 2014 Mintti rated it liked it
Shelves: escapism
Read this in English. Tanssinhuumaa ja tosi-tv:tä ja hömpänpömppää johon on ujutettu vakavia aiheita mukaan. Ihan kiva lomalukemisto, mä luin muuton ohessa ja oli ihan sopivaa aivoja rassaamatonta luettavaa kun ei vakavampaan kyennyt henkilö.
Claire
Oct 18, 2013 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Belinda Jones's books, the mix of exotic places and a good romance. This was a more challenging read for me, not because the story was bad but her portrayal of emotional abuse was a bit close to home. It was a good read though and I hope we get a follow up with Carmen in Hollywood.
Rosie
Jun 11, 2010 Rosie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
I started reading this book and then left it for a while so I had something to read on the plane. I managed to finish it on the flight and loved every moment of it. I laughed reading this book and I just felt happy reading this book and that there was a happy ending.
Miyaness
May 10, 2011 Miyaness rated it did not like it
Slow and boring. I stop halfway reading it.
Juli Emanuel
Dec 01, 2011 Juli Emanuel rated it liked it
A fun, easy read. I enjoyed the story and would love to learn to dance as Carmen did.
Iva Makitty
Sep 23, 2010 Iva Makitty rated it it was amazing
so far, it seems like a perfect tale of friendship and a search for your true belonging in this life. bring it on, the World.
Tracy Rose
Apr 03, 2011 Tracy Rose rated it liked it
did enjoy the book but did'nt have me gripped
Anke
Dec 05, 2016 Anke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Een lekker ontspannen boek. Je leeft goed mee met de hoofdpersonen. Het boek is vooral leuk als je (af en toe) ‘Stricktly come dancing’ kijkt.
Nena
Oct 07, 2012 Nena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer, owned-books
I really enjoyed it, it's great beach read.
Mandy
Sep 12, 2010 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Chin Yee
May 02, 2013 Chin Yee rated it really liked it
I feel like taking the next flight to hot, sexy Cuba.
Arrica Lee
Apr 29, 2015 Arrica Lee rated it did not like it
2 chapters and I'm out. Sorry.
Jennie
Jun 16, 2011 Jennie rated it really liked it
Really good summer read.
Watch my review on youtube http://youtu.be/kNxmiWOICPM
Tracy
Oct 21, 2010 Tracy rated it liked it
Great fun holiday read, takes you through Spain, Cuba and Argentina and is a good, light, fun story when you just want to hang out with a book to escape into.
Karen
Oct 23, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
A lot of dance chemistry and learn to let go of a relationship or lifestyle that makes you unhappy
  • Moonshine
  • Things I Wish I'd Known
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • The One Before The One
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • Getting Over Mr Right
  • Down to Earth
  • The Bridesmaid Pact
Belinda Jones was born in Turnbridge Wells, Kent England. At the age of 19 she moved to London, where she resided for the next ten years before moving to California. She now lives in Los Angeles.

Belinda Jones writes books for women which focus around travel and womens issues, particularly relationships. Her books tend to fall into the romance, chick lit and women's fiction categories
More about Belinda Jones...

LoveTravel (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Divas Las Vegas: A Tale of Love, Friendship, and Sequined Underpants
  • Out of the Blue
  • California Dreamers
  • Winter Wonderland
  • The Travelling Tea Shop

“I walk down the street, I fall down a hole. It takes me forever to figure out how to climb out. I walk down the street, fall down a hole, this time I know how to get out. I walk down the street, I walk around the hole. Next time I walk down a different street!” 0 likes