Start by marking “Living la Vida Loca” as Want to Read:
Living la Vida Loca

Living la Vida Loca

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  443 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Carmen has been feeling the need to break free for Too Darn Long. So when her equally frustrated friend Beth suggests the ultimate escape – dancing their way through a series of scorchingly-hot countries – she can’t resist!

There’s just one catch... they can only go on this adventure if they participate in a reality TV show, one intent on teaching them the mournful tango in
Paperback
Published May 13th 2010 by Hodder Paperback (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Living la Vida Loca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living la Vida Loca

Dancing with a Dead Horse by Danielle DeVorBilly Elliot. I Will Dance. by Melvin BurgessJezebel by Koko BrownThe Twelve Dancing Princesses by Marianna MayerSave Me the Waltz by Zelda Fitzgerald
Dancing
52nd out of 91 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Leah
Carmen and Beth are best friends who are sick of the way their life has been lately. Carmen has only just broken free from a bad relationship and Beth is realising that her dream of becoming a famous dancer is ebbing away slowly. Salvation comes for the pair in the form of a reality TV show that will allow them to travel the world learning how to dance: the tango in Argentina, the Paso Doble in Spain and the Salsa in Cuba. Soon the girls are tango-ing in Buenos Aires, learning to dance with mata ...more
Indiaskye
Gave up after about 150 pages ... this book was totally boring, which is a shame considering that Belinda Jones's earlier books were really great! But over the past few years her writing has become stale and uninteresting ... :o(
Rea Sinfield
I have recently read and reviewed Out of The Blue by Belinda Jones which I enjoyed and so when I saw she had released a new book, Living la Vida Loca, which was calling me from the shelves with its pink, glitzy snazzy cover how could I walk away!

Best friends Carmen and Beth are both involved in dance theatre although their jobs are completly different. Carmen works backstage with the costume designs whilst Beth is on the stage dancing her heart out.

Things become hard for Beth when she can no l
Karen
Lacey Dearie
I really felt like I was in the different locations in this book when I was reading it. I've now added Argentina to my wish list.

The main protagonist, Carmen, is likeable but a bit drippy. Her friend, Beth is one of those characters you like, then don't like, then like again. And in the end, you're not really sure how you feel about her. She's supposed to be in the supporting, best friend role, but she does a lot of things I'd be pretty angry about if she were my best friend. There would never b
Suzanne
Picked this up from the library for two reasons. 1) I have read a book by this author before and enjoyed that. 2) The cover looked pretty and the story made me excited to go on holiday :)

I did like this book, I just wasn't blown away or anything, hence the 3 stars. I enjoyed learning about the different dances and how they were connected to and explained the girls' love life or lack of rather. It was also interesting to learn about the girls' journey, not just the fact they travelled to all thes
Michelle
This quirky story made me want to travel, dance, and shop. Not necessarily in that order.

The first thing I did when I finished was look up dancing vacations in Havana. They're a real thing.

Two single women on a reality TV show about learning how to dance Tango in Argentina, Flamenco in Spain, and Salsa in Cuba. With a tall charming cameraman, a adrenaline addicted matador and a hot sensual Cuban who speaks no English.... What more could a romance book want.
Roomie
I quite liked this. It was a nice easy read and the characters were quite normal and relatable. It was nice to go on a journey with the two ladies. If you like the other books then you should like this one too, although I did like some of the other ones a bit more.
Mintti
Read this in English. Tanssinhuumaa ja tosi-tv:tä ja hömpänpömppää johon on ujutettu vakavia aiheita mukaan. Ihan kiva lomalukemisto, mä luin muuton ohessa ja oli ihan sopivaa aivoja rassaamatonta luettavaa kun ei vakavampaan kyennyt henkilö.
Review Girl
This book has been on my bookshelf for long, waiting to be read. Finally, I picked it up and found myself engrossed in the story in no time. The plot is interesting and the author carries it forward with lively three-dimensional characters who know how to have fun and live life to the maxim! If you like to tap your feet on the sound of music or love to take up new challenges and master new fun skills, this book will keep you entertained throughout- it's fast, it's fun, it's about loving life!
Chanpreet
I really enjoyed reading about Beth and Carmen's journeys and growth in Living La Vida Loca. I don't think I've liked any of Belinda Jones's books as much as this one. Reading about the origins and history of some hot Latin dances was great, and I really wish I could travel to these places and learn these dances. Maybe I will someday. The book ends in a way that I think leaves space for a sequel. It would be nice to see the girls get their HEAs.
Zoeyleow
i really liked this book. it's not the mainstream type of book that you can guess the ending once you read the second chapter. that is a big thumbs up from me :D
Learned quite a few things about dance & some advise myself. that's a big bonus :)
would give it a 5stars if it had more of a climax cz i couldnt find any
Claire
I love Belinda Jones's books, the mix of exotic places and a good romance. This was a more challenging read for me, not because the story was bad but her portrayal of emotional abuse was a bit close to home. It was a good read though and I hope we get a follow up with Carmen in Hollywood.
Rosie
I started reading this book and then left it for a while so I had something to read on the plane. I managed to finish it on the flight and loved every moment of it. I laughed reading this book and I just felt happy reading this book and that there was a happy ending.
Tracy
Great fun holiday read, takes you through Spain, Cuba and Argentina and is a good, light, fun story when you just want to hang out with a book to escape into.
Iva Makitty
so far, it seems like a perfect tale of friendship and a search for your true belonging in this life. bring it on, the World.
Jennie
Really good summer read.
Watch my review on youtube http://youtu.be/kNxmiWOICPM
Juli Emanuel
A fun, easy read. I enjoyed the story and would love to learn to dance as Carmen did.
Joey
Sep 17, 2013 Joey rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: dance
Asmuch as I like dancing, too much drama involved.And not very hilarious.
Chin Yee Low
I feel like taking the next flight to hot, sexy Cuba.
Tracy Rose
did enjoy the book but did'nt have me gripped
Nena
I really enjoyed it, it's great beach read.
Miyaness
Slow and boring. I stop halfway reading it.
Kevin I Heart.. Chick Lit
Fun, feisty and romantic!
Jo
Jo added it
Dec 21, 2014
Ella Fairlie
Ella Fairlie marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Glenyss
Glenyss marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
  • To Touch the Stars
  • Getting Away with It
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • Promises, Promises
Belinda Jones was born in Turnbridge Wells, Kent England. At the age of 19 she moved to London, where she resided for the next ten years before moving to California. She now lives in Los Angeles.

Belinda Jones writes books for women which focus around travel and womens issues, particularly relationships. Her books tend to fall into the romance, chick lit and women's fiction categories
More about Belinda Jones...
Divas Las Vegas: A Tale of Love, Friendship, and Sequined Underpants I Love Capri The California Club Cafe Tropicana Out of the Blue