Start by marking “The Ghost at Camp David (Capital Mysteries, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost at Camp David (Capital Mysteries, #12)

The Ghost at Camp David (Capital Mysteries #12)

Capitalize on kids' interest in President Obama, Washington, D.C., and the White House with the newly rebranded Capital Mysteries series!

Legend says that on each dead president's birthday, his ghost haunts the grounds of the remote retreat Camp David. But KC and Marshall aren't worried, even though they will be there on October 14, President Eisenhower's birthday. That is,
Published July 27th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost at Camp David, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost at Camp David

Rachael Vanderhoof
Apr 25, 2012 Rachael Vanderhoof rated it liked it
Shelves: book-talk
Ghost at Camp David is about two kids named KC,a brave and adventurous little girl, and Marshall, an easily frightened but witty boy, who go on a weekend retreat with the President of the United States to Camp David. Rumor has it, that past president's come back to haunt the camp on the day of their birthday. The kids discover that today is President Eisenhower's birthday. Will the rumors be true? Will the children get a glimpse of Eisenhower's ghost? Read this book to discover a mystery filled ...more
Luke Ewell
Jul 08, 2015 Luke Ewell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3rd-grade
KC and Marshall are going to Camp David. When they get there the president tells them that on every President's birthday, his ghost haunts Camp David. The day they arrive at Camp David is President Eisenhower's birthday. They hear all these thumping noises from the pipe in the bathroom. They tell the President and he tells them there is a trap door but said he wouldn't tell them where the trap door is. Marshall wants to find it and starts looking. He finds the trapdoor and opens it. The kids get ...more
Laura Smith
Jun 30, 2012 Laura Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Ron Roy writes great mysteries for kids. They're formulatic, yes. But that's half the fun. The Capital Mysteries have the added value about teaching readers fun facts about Washington DC that don't seem like history lessons at all when they're woven into the plot. I learned all kinds of fun facts about Camp David and giggled alot too, while solving this crime with my kids.
Feb 03, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are really enjoying the Capital Mysteries series by Ron Roy. We just moved to the Washington DC area and love that we are learning more about the various historic locations nearby. Our girls enjoy the exciting plots and I like that they are interested in seeing the places we read about. We are looking forward to the next book, Capital Mysteries #13: Trapped on the D.C. Train! (A Stepping Stone Book, which should be out in May.
Ernie Garcia
Oct 28, 2015 Ernie Garcia rated it it was amazing
The book "The Ghost At Camp David" is about KC and her friend Marshall who go to Camp David with president Thornton. When they land they meet Ana who says she works there because Florence has a cold. But really Ana and her husband try robing Aspin Lodge The [presidents cabin. And they trap Ana under witch hazel. This is my favorite book so far in the series " Capital Mysteries."I really liked it thats why I gave it a 5.
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
when legend says that on each of the dead president's birthday it haunts Camp David and KC and Marshall are not afraid because a president's dead birthday is coming up and KC and Marshall will sill be there and then all these weird stuff are happening they don't know if its the ghost that's doing or maybe someone else.
The twelth in the Capital Mysteries where readers are introduced to DC places with KC, the President's step daughter, and her best friend Marshall. Pretty light weight reading but I'd hand it to younger readers because of the references to places we can get to very easily living next door to DC. (Well, maybe not Camp David!)
Feb 17, 2015 Caleb rated it it was ok
They have to find the person who is sounding like a ghost, but it's really their maid making sounds cause she had to get left in the tunnel so they can still all the China the presidents give to camp David.
Jun 13, 2013 Payton rated it really liked it
Its about how weird things happen in Camp David and KC and Marshall want to know who is doing all of that stuff.
Book Wiz
Book Wiz rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Jason rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Fang-Ling Chang
Fang-Ling Chang rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Jocelyn Keating
Jocelyn Keating rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Tristan rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2011
Connor rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2011
Kate rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Kaylee Lentchitsky
Kaylee Lentchitsky rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2013
Katelyn♬✞ rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Brenner rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2010
Clare Turner
Clare Turner rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Maggie rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2010
Johanna rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2011
Kaytee rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
V rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Ally rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Sunny rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Amanda Wolgamott
Amanda Wolgamott rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Mystery of Flight 54 (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #12)
  • Zap! I'm A Mind Reader
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • The Zombie Project
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • The Story of Buildings: From the Pyramids to the Sydney Opera House and Beyond
  • The Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New Guinea (Scientists in the Field Series)
  • Born to Fly
  • Return to Ithaca (Tales from the Odyssey, #5)
  • The Period Book: Everything You Don't Want to Ask (But Need to Know)
  • Kaya and Lone Dog: A Friendship Story (American Girls: Kaya, #4)
  • What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors
  • The Journal Of Biddy Owens, Birmingham, Alabama, 1948
  • Baby Blues 07: I Saw Elvis In My Ultrasound
  • Ick! Yuck! Eew!: Our Gross American History
  • Our 50 States: Our 50 States
  • Mrs. Jeepers' Scariest Halloween Ever (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Super Special, #7)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)