Start by marking “Tranquilista: Mastering the Art of Enlightened Work and Mindful Play” as Want to Read:
Tranquilista: Mastering the Art of Enlightened Work and Mindful Play

Tranquilista: Mastering the Art of Enlightened Work and Mindful Play

As defined by the author, “a tranquilista is a woman who embraces her many sides: spiritual (she’s a tranquility-seeker), creative (loves style), and entrepreneurial (calls her own shots). She hearts fashion and philanthropy…entertaining and enlightenment.…She is full of aspirations and always seeking inspiration. Oh, and she sparkles. Literally.”

Presenting a potpourri of
Published January 26th 2010 by New World Library (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tranquilista, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tranquilista

Kelly Olexa
Feb 27, 2011 Kelly Olexa rated it really liked it
Loving this book so far. After reading a couple of other books with the theme of "slow down, stop working your life away, get your zen on", I found this on Amazon and it was just what I needed. As I'm developing my own business and finally DOING IT, I needed this 'guide' to zen and peace of mind in LIFE and in business. I have no doubt I will finish this during the week and get all of her other books. Every page is chock full of great tidbits and thinking points.....
Rachel Burton
Jun 20, 2010 Rachel Burton rated it it was amazing
The most practical, inspiring, creative book of 2010
Ditto both 2012 while I was in the process of finding a premises for my business and 2013 while I worked on glorious expansion plans!
Andrea
Jul 14, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it
(Why doesn't Goodreads show the subtitles? They're very important!)

Anyway, this one's for Tranquilista: Mastering the Art of Enlightened Work and Mindful Play.

Kimberly Wilson is one of my heroes. Just one year older than me, this amazing woman is a yoga teacher and creative director and founder of the (three!) Tranquil Space yoga studios in the D.C. area. She designs and runs an eco-conscious fashion line that uses only sustainably harvested bamboo fabric; oversees the non-profit foundation she
Amanda
Jul 15, 2013 Amanda rated it it was ok
I picked up this book because I really liked Wilson's other book on yoga. I tried to look past the pink cover and the goofy chapter titles ("sassy spirituality"; "divine do-gooding") because I wanted to get her take on practicing mindfulness in a jam-packed life. Instead I got a "girl's guide" manual to things I did not need advice on. The chapter on goal-setting and aspirations was great. Everything else was unnecessary. Not only is the second half of the book dedicated to starting your own bus ...more
Tami
Apr 12, 2010 Tami rated it really liked it
Are you creative? Would you call yourself spiritual? Do you also enjoy the beautiful things in life? If so, maybe you’re a tranquilista.

What is a tranquilista? This term describes a woman who is multi-dimensionally. She’s got a brain and is passionate about what she does with her life. She is also centered but more than willing to show off her unique flair. Most importantly she’s not afraid to show all sides of herself.

Tranquilista is a great book aimed at young women. So often, we feel trappe
Angi M
Apr 17, 2012 Angi M rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Business owners
Shelves: doingthings
A good thing to know about this book: It's aimed at enrepreneurs, self-employed folks, and small business owners. It does not discuss "enlightened work and mindful play" in general- it's specific to freelancers & business owners. So it didn't really apply to me. It would have been nice if the title or description made that clear.
I like the message and information it contains. It has some good tips for staying sane while getting your business up and running, good marketing & PR tips, and
Amy
May 04, 2010 Amy rated it it was ok
This book was kind of like a girly magazine. It had three parts spirituality, style, and entrepreneurial. I liked the first part of the book because it had great recommendations for further reading on yoga, spirituality and meditation. I also enjoyed the recommendations in the second part for further reading on style (not trendy). The last part on making your own business offered a few good tips, but really did not hit home with me. This was just an easy read to kick off my summer reading.
Elaine
Jul 25, 2011 Elaine rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-s-corner
The book has caught my attention while browsing my friend's book collection on her desk. A book for the women of today who loves success and enjoying the spices of life. To all my friend this book is for us. :)
Kylie Howell
Jan 01, 2016 Kylie Howell rated it it was amazing
This book was a helpful resource as I launched my business!
Crystal
Feb 06, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it
Great read, especially for female entrepreneurs. Chock full of good ideas. So many ideas that I tabbed them all, and go back one at a time until they all are tackled.
Nicky Morren
Oct 02, 2014 Nicky Morren rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It made me think about changing some things in my life. Now, I only need to start making these changes instead of just thinking about them!
Rachel
Aug 15, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
good tips, but mostly for those wanting to start their own business....
Katherine
Aug 03, 2014 Katherine rated it really liked it
Lots of insights about work and play, with an emphasis on entrepreneurship. Will definitely be coming back to this book for the useful tips.
Danielle Daugherty
Nov 08, 2012 Danielle Daugherty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I can read this book and all her others over and over and over again! shes amazing, I have her iphone app and listen to her podcasts for years now! LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!
Christy Williams
Mar 27, 2011 Christy Williams rated it it was ok
The book didn't live up to my expectations, but I admit that I was drawn by the cute cover. Sad, but true.
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
May 20, 2012
Amanda Moon
Amanda Moon rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Karen Twinem
Karen Twinem rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Pamela Lourenço
Pamela Lourenço rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2017
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Alyson
Alyson rated it really liked it
May 02, 2012
Britany Rickett
Britany Rickett rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2011
Rori
Rori rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2011
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2010
Daniela Modesto
Daniela Modesto rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Jackie Delmonico
Jackie Delmonico rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
May 21, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Yoga And The Path Of The Urban Mystic
  • Girl Seeks Bliss: Zen and the Art of Modern Life Maintenance
  • Shakti Mantras: Tapping into the Great Goddess Energy Within
  • Imagine a Woman in Love with Herself: Embracing Your Wisdom and Wholeness
  • The Girl's Guide to Kicking Your Career Into Gear: Valuable Lessons, True Stories, and Tips For Using What You've Got (A Brain!) to Make Your Worklife Work for You
  • Yoga for Pain Relief: Simple Practices to Calm Your Mind and Heal Your Chronic Pain
  • Dream It. List It. Do It!: The 43things.com Guide to Creating Your Own Life List
  • The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting
  • The Secret Life of Your Cat: Unlock the Mysteries of Your Pet's Behaviour
  • Yoga for Transformation: Ancient Teachings and Practices for Healing the Body, Mind,and Heart (Compass)
  • A Year in High Heels: The Girl's Guide to Everything from Jane Austen to the A-list
  • Operation Beautiful: Transforming the Way You See Yourself One Post-it Note at aTime
  • How to Be a Great Lover: Girlfriend-to-Girlfriend Totally Explicit Techniques That Will Blow His Mind
  • What Happy Women Know: How New Findings in Positive Psychology Can Change Women's Lives for the Better
  • Will Write for Shoes: How to Write a Chick Lit Novel
  • Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution: A Guide to a Lifetime of Beauty
  • Zilch: The Power of Zero in Business
  • Fabulous Friendship Festival: Loving Wildly, Learning Deeply, Living Fully with Our Friends

I'm a writer, therapist, designer of the eco-friendly TranquiliT lifestyle line, and founder of Tranquil Space—named among the top 25 yoga studios in the world. I dream of Paris and global animal welfare.

You'll often find me sipping fragrant tea, practicing yoga on a leopard-print mat, or leading retreats around the world. My work has been featured in US News & World Reports, Washingtonian, Fa
More about Kimberly Wilson...