Start by marking “Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife” as Want to Read:
Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife

Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides #2)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  1,173 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Russian billionaire Sergei Antonovich was famous for being knee-deep in stunning supermodels and aspiring actresses. But not one was suitable bride material. Would he ever grant his aging babushka her dearest wish and present her with a grandchild?So, why not handle this challenge as business? Without emotion, but with a contract of convenience that would grant Sergei the ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife

Wanted by Her Lost Love by Maya BanksRuthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded by Abby GreenThe Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress by Lucy MonroeThe Contaxis Baby by Lynne GrahamThe French Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress by Abby Green
Harlequin Unplanned Pregnancy
7th out of 58 books — 39 voters
Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadBlood Promise by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Romance Books With Russian Heroes
68th out of 142 books — 299 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I found this book very charming. I guess I was just in the mood for it. Sergei comes off as ridiculously appealing, despite his flaws. This is one of those times that I can totally understand why the heroine has a hard time resisting the hero. He's got the powerful, billionaire who happens to be drop-dead gorgeous and has the sexy vibe down big time. And add on him being identifiably Russian.... He really is a sex bomb.

I really liked Alissa. She's a very sweet person. She does stand up for hers
Becky
It was a pleasant read but I didn't really enjoy this one as much as others by Graham. Heroine and her sister were caricatures of Good and evil. Her sister was just too one-dimensionally awful (not a virgin of course so must be the equivalent of a whore) and the heroine too insecure and pathetic. The hero was not a good person...his solution to difficult divorce and custody proceedings he describes (where women only seek custody of their own children out of greed, because no women love their own ...more
Jacqueline
I liked this one much better than the first one. The premise was a little different in that the hero decided to acquire a wife by having his lawyers pick one working off of a bullet list. But of course the girl they pick is the evil one of a set of twins who talks her sister into following through with the marriage without telling our heroine, the good twin, that she had committed her to bearing a child and giving it up to him. She was sweet and I liked the way she kept the hero off balance. I ...more
Victoria
Nov 21, 2011 Victoria rated it really liked it
This review is also published on Always a Booklover .

I really dunno what to say about this book. It had me hooked right from the beginning, but somehow, I just can't say I love it. I really don't have any complaints about this book, but neither do I have anything that particularly stood out to me.

Sergei and Alissa are just two very different people. Sergei is cold, sometimes unfeeling and have that idea that women are all not very good people. Alissa is just the entire opposite. She's friendly,
willaful
Nothing really wrong with this romance, other than that I'm put off by characters who sacrifice themselves for the sake of really nasty relatives. I found it readable, but not especially interesting. It's a good twin/evil twin story, if that floats your boat.
Roub
Sep 19, 2013 Roub rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
what an absolutely awesome read !! i simply loved it ! loved how from the first moment seige cud not keep away from alissa. he just had the hots 4 her n it was so funny how he jumped on her in the interval of the wedding reception. the stupid man..he ravished a poor virgin..just fucked her wildly. the 2nd time was no better, he took her on the table. he clearly cud not control himself where she was concerned !! LOL
Lady Raven RAVE!
I Love Sergei and Allissa. I love the concept, but Allissa's sister what an a#$hole sorry for that term but when you read the book you will detest her sister as well, money does things to people. Any way I enjoyed my read I still love Lynne Grahman of course you know her men are a little overbearing.
Cherise
This reminds me a bit of a historical the wife trap, with the same evil good twin theme.

The H is really quite a overbearing bulldozer. Though usually I hate this type, his pov shows he is not really as insensitive as he shows, just cautious and cynical where women are concerned. It is actually quite funny seeing him being so incredulous by the h's behaviour at the beginning; not only doesn't she think him god's gift on earth and fawns all over him, she seems to be totally opposite of what he ex
Paula Legate
May 11, 2016 Paula Legate rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
This was a good book. It didn’t take me long to read it.

Sergei loved his grandmother. He would do anything for her, including get married, to give her, her first grandchild. He had been married once. The way the marriage ended made him distrustful of all females. He thought he would treat a new marriage like a business arrangement. He had contracts drew up, and had people apply for the job.

Alexa applied for the job, but used her sister’s name, on the application. They are twins. They grew up sh
Jenny
Mar 13, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
I thought this would be an arranged marriage book. Instead it was a story about twin sisters one of them being evil. Both the hero and heroine were likable but the novel needed more scenes with them as in together. Their chemistry and relationship was seriously underdeveloped in my opinion!
KatieV
I really liked the concept, but it sort of fell flat for me. A Russian hero is a nice change of pace from all the Greek Tycoon's (that entire country must be populated by them).

It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. The twin was just too up-front nasty/evil to be believable.
Vintage
Evil twin applies for bride to be to mega-rich Russian. Good twin has to fill in. Her winsome ways and untried vagina win the Russian over.

Evil twin needs to die a slow and painful death. Maybe a shallow grave for a shallow girl?

Bette Davis movie plot.
Saundra
Jul 04, 2010 Saundra rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A typical Harlequin romance, it is what is to be expected. A quick easy read, with flowery overdetailed sexual descriptions. Along with a ridiculous cheesy plot. If you want something mindless to read and pass the daytime, this is the book for that. Enjoy.
Pam
May 17, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. Only i didn't get why the Heroine stood up to the hero but not to her twin. Or she remained so clueless for so long.
رومولا الن
Nov 04, 2015 رومولا الن rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pdf
قراءتها بعنوان بريئة بين يديه بترجمة منتدى روايتي

احببت هذه الروايه كثييراا كانت ممتعه
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
The book redeemed itself later, but it had a silly premise. I'm happy they got it cleared away early, though. The main characters are likable enough, although I kept getting irritated at how forgiving the heroine was at the sister. Ridiculously naive too. Not that steamy, but the end was sweet, even if Graham again rushes babydom.
Bookabulary
Sep 15, 2016 Bookabulary rated it really liked it
Intriguing. That's how I felt about this book when I started with it. This read managed to hold my attention in one go so there was really something to the story. Fast-paced and sweet, this turned to be a great read. And there's a dog in it--point!
Romance_reader
Apr 17, 2016 Romance_reader rated it really liked it
It's been a long time and I've finally found a recent book by Lynne Graham that didn't make me cringe or suffer from boredom. RMCW features a hero who's alpha without being cruel (is also surprisingly mature and mostly gets amused at the heroine's many missteps, instead of turning into a raging volcano) and a heroine who kind of has a spine and doesn't roll over to please her vicious relatives at every turn (in this case a malicious twin). So there were the usual elements - an express pregnancy, ...more
KC

This is one of my favorite books by Lynne Graham mostly because of the great hero, Sergei, and because it was romantic, fun and sexy! The chemistry between Sergei and Alissa hummed with electricity, resulting in some passionate love scenes.

Sergei was very arrogant but I found this character trait amusing, probably because he possessed enough positive traits (honest, loving, fair and generous) to balance out the negative. I loved his sweet relationship with his grandmother, Yelena. He
Crystal
Jun 30, 2014 Crystal rated it really liked it
Sergei Antonvich is a Russian billionaire, and was famous for being knee-deep in stunning supermodels and aspiring actresses's. All his aging babushka wants is to be able to hold her grandchild.

Alissa never even tried for the job as Sergei's wife. Her twin sister forged her name on the contracts. She decides to continue the charade, the only problem is that she didn't know it included sharing Sergei's bed and having his child.

This was never meant to have any feelings involved. It doesn't work l
Tonya Warner
Jul 29, 2016 Tonya Warner rated it liked it
Alexa has setup her identical twin sister, Alissa, to go in to an arranged marriage with Russian oil tycoon, Sergei Antonovich. Alexa took the money and paid for their mother's home, as well as a few things for herself.

Alissa believes she is just taking a job to portray the bride for Sergei to comfort his elderly grandmother. She falls for Sergei, and finds him to be more than he first appears.

Sergei had not directly picked his bride, leaving it to the lawyers to follow his decree. Meeting her,
Rachel
Oct 12, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Sergei needs a wife and child to satify his grandmother. He plans to marry a woman, have a baby, and after a suitable amount of time divorce the woman and keep their child. He chooses Alissa. What he doesn't realize is that Alissa was set up by her twin sister Alexa. I am a huge fan of Lynne Graham's writing. She is very talented, so talented that after the first 2 chapters of this book I was so disgusted with Alexa's betrayal that I almost stopped reading it. But I continued reading and it was ...more
Elena
Jan 15, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it
I was invested in the story… I hated the bitchy twin. She was so hateful, always getting naïve Alissa to do what she wanted. Yeah there was a moment were I was just about to scream and say “Come on!! get rid of her (insert a series of insults) and you’ll be happier”. And I do get Alissa’s behavior she was a caring person so she tried really hard to keep everyone happy. Sergei was quite appealing if I do say so myself. He was a complete mixture of family guy with uncaring playboy. I loved his ...more
Shar
Sep 01, 2013 Shar rated it it was ok
The book wasn't bad per se, but it was kind of boring-- nothing special.

I didn't get why she would love him (other than that he was hot and good in bed, he had no redeeming qualities) and he didn't act like he was in love with her, he just said the words in the end and that was that. LG usually is much better at showing the hero falling in love and doing all kinds of nice stuff for the heroine before they say the words.
Maura
Booker Like a Hooker
Apr 17, 2013 Booker Like a Hooker rated it really liked it
Türkiye'deki kitabın adı İkizlerin sırrı.Seri 3 ev arkadaşı olan Elinor,Alissa ve Linda(lindy)'nin hayatlarının aşklarını bulmalarını anlatıyor.Her bir kitapta Başka bir Eski ev arkadaşını anlatıyor.İlk kitapta Elinor Jasim'i buldu.Bu kitapta Alissa Sergei'yi buldu bu kitapta. SOn kitaba birazdan başlayacağım ve Ve Lindy'yi anlatıyor anladığım kadarıyla.Yazarın çoğu kitabını okudum,okuyorum vveya okuma listemde.Bu seri kesinlikle okunmalı.En azından vakit geçirmek için...
L
Jul 28, 2016 L rated it it was amazing
Wife he'd bed, wed, get pregnant...and then discard....
Lmao
Yeah right...
This right here should tell you how big of an pompous ass hero is. As for her, wow... Just wow!
So gullible and i really dont wanna say stupid, but ultimately thats how she was portrayed. She also caught on quick...
A quick fun read :)
Karina Díaz
Oct 13, 2013 Karina Díaz rated it really liked it
Me gusto bastante.. A pesar de la trama ser bastante común, eso de hermanas buenas y otras cosas.. El protagonista es entretenido y la protagonista tiene más sentido común qué el de la mayoría. Deben leerlo cómo entretenimiento. Lo leí bastante rápido. Dado qué estaba en otras actividades y leí durante mis traslados. Pero fue súper entretenido.
Kat at Book Thingo
See my full review at Book Thingo.

There’s nothing earth-shattering about this story. I didn’t hate the hero or the heroine, but that might be damning with faint praise.

Who might enjoy it: Readers who also enjoy daytime soapies
Who might not enjoy it: Family Court solicitors
Jeanida Luckie-weatherall
May 31, 2015 Jeanida Luckie-weatherall rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyed this book. I liked both main characters and stayed involved in the story. I really like strong, alpha males and this was a good one. Love the way Lynne Graham makes her hero's mean and harsh sometimes,and this one was excellent.
  • The Bride Thief
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The De Santis Marriage (Wedlocked!)
  • Sale Or Return Bride
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #1)

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

Pregnant Brides (3 books)
  • Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence