Start by marking “The Viscount's Betrothal” as Want to Read:
The Viscount's Betrothal

The Viscount's Betrothal

Miss Decima Ross knows for a fact that her overbearing family regularly remind themselves to 'Marry Off Poor Dear Dessy'. Hearing that she is once more to be paraded in front of an eligible gentleman, Decima leaves and encounters Adam Grantham -- could such a handsome rake really find her attractive?
Paperback, Harlequin Historical #982, 288 pages
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Viscount's Betrothal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viscount's Betrothal

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Books like The Viscount's Betrothal validate my decision to subscribe to the Harlequin Historical line. I love that I can find hidden gemlike books by newer authors in my monthly shipment that are up my reading alley. This was a nice, shorter, but satisfying love story. Readers who enjoy the spinster motif likely will be well-pleased with this book. Decima is a character who is likeable and textured. She has valid insecurities that she struggles with, being very tall (5'10"), very freckled, and ...more
Melissa
willaful
Apr 08, 2012 willaful rated it liked it
Recommends it for: readers who like Plain Jane heroines
This starts off as a Mary Balogh-ish plot: Adam, Viscount Weston and Decima Ross are stranded virtually alone together and fall in love while enjoying sledding and making snowmen. Then the story goes in a Georgette Heyer direction, with Adam being trapped into an engagement with another woman and forced to try some desperate ploys to get out of it.

I enjoyed the first half of the story, as Decima, who has always felt very gangly and unattractive, gets to experience the attention of a handsome an
Harlequin Historical
Decima has heard from her family to many times to count, "marry off poor Dessy." When her brother has yet another eligible gentleman to try and foist her onto, she finally rebels and flat out refuses. She decides it is time to leave her brother's and finds herself in big trouble. She becomes stranded in a snowstorm but luckily Viscount Weston, Adam, comes to the rescue.

Adam was on the road for pretty much the same reason as Decima. He was trying to avoid his match-making relatives as well. He i
Patrice
Mar 07, 2012 Patrice rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historical romance lovers
This is a historical romance, one of my favorite genres. I enjoyed it immensely; I think it is going to be one of my favorites. Humor and self-deprecation play a large role in this tale. I always find it interesting to compare the “regency” years and what was improper behavior then. Today’s society is much less shocked by sexual relations once people reach their teen/young adult years, whereas it was scandalous in this earlier time.
It centers on a young woman, Decima Ross, a 27-year-old spinste
Nenya
Aug 10, 2014 Nenya rated it it was ok
I wanted to like it, I really did. Except the characters wouldn't cooperate. First they seemed like nice, pleasant people whom I might like to read about, then they descended into cheap, gimmicky caricatures, with them talking about his mistress(es) and H getting engaged to Olivia and forgetting to tell the h... I kept wanting to smack them and get them to get over the big (or small) misunderstandings. Great storyline, terrible execution.
Sara Jo Easton
Nov 16, 2011 Sara Jo Easton rated it it was amazing
I this is one of the silliest books I've ever read, but if you're old enough to read romance and you enjoy romances with strange twists and silly complications, this is the book for you.
Claudia
this is a nice sweet, story with two characters who learn what they want during this book and try to fight for it.

Jasey
Nov 03, 2016 Jasey rated it it was amazing
Seema
Feb 02, 2016 Seema rated it really liked it
Very sweet traditional regency love story. Though typical I liked the characters and especially the h and h
Suvi
Suvi rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2011
Marian
Marian rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2010
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
SH
SH rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Lisa  Montgomery
Lisa Montgomery rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Michelle allan
Michelle allan rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Apple R
Apple R rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Andrea Bonilla
Andrea Bonilla rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Renata
Renata rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Geisa
Geisa rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2016
Imogen Woods
Imogen Woods rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2011
Samia Ruponti
Samia Ruponti rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Apenn
Apenn rated it liked it
May 29, 2011
Yvonne Atiles
Yvonne Atiles rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Vampire-lk
Vampire-lk rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
tezuka8
tezuka8 rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Van
Van rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2010
Natasha
Natasha rated it really liked it
May 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • The Viscount and the Virgin (Regency Silk & Scandal, #5)
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • The Winter Queen (Tudor Queens, #1)
  • The Beauty Within (Armstrong Sisters #3)
  • Lady Allerton's Wager
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • The Fortune Hunter (Lord Rival, #2)
  • The Duke's Cinderella Bride
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • Gallant Waif
  • The Gamekeeper's Lady (Rakes in Disgrace, #1)
  • The Real Deal (Harlequin Blaze, #573)
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • A Debt to Delia
  • His Cavalry Lady
  • The Vanishing Viscountess

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...