Women of Courage: Inspiring Stories from the Women Who Lived Them

Women of Courage: Inspiring Stories from the Women Who Lived Them

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In Women of Courage more than 40 women tell intimate tales of bravery that expand the definition of courage. By writing about the times in their lives when they have been most in despair, and revealing the inner resources that helped them survive, these strong women inspire readers to recognize their own acts of courage.
Published August 9th 1999 by New World Library (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Women of Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women of Courage

Joan Richardson
Many of these stories are inspiring. Some were a bit too new age for my taste. It is always good to read of others who are inspiring and have overcome obstacles in life.
Sara
I love books that you can pick up and put down, read in little bursts. This is perfect for when you need a boost of quick inspiration to get you through a rough day. A great collection of vignettes from women who have been through hell and back, lived to tell the tale and make lemonade out of lemons.
Terrie
the energy was palpable when I held the book - reading it was literally energy to move mountains - these women (well known and not so well known) are all phenomenal - a testament that all women are powerful, capable and magnificent

thanx for putting the stories together Katherine
Barbara Layne Jennings
A collection of true stories from women who have experienced, learned, triumphed, hurt, loved, felt deeply...stories of their significant experiences. I love it and read from it often. Easy to pick up and read one or two entries. Some of these women you will know, some you won't.
Molly
This was a purchase 10-12 years ago and I finally read through it - one story each morning, more or less, since the first of this year. Some were inspiring, some related to their own time/space - all courageous women. Took it to Book Group and passed it on.
Erin
Despite this book appearing as one of those chicken soup for something books this wasn't too bad of a read. Some of the stories were pretty unique and a couple of frightening ones as well.

Not bad.
Sister22
I was inspired by the works of these women - who they were, what they had done, and how they view the world. It left me feeling empowered, excited, and capable of making a difference.
Claire
I liked it but couldn't finish it. Returned it to the library.
Elizabeth
2nd copy of book in box 497, $3.99 from goodwill.
Ariel
Ariel added it
Jul 14, 2014
Gabrielle Carolina
Gabrielle Carolina marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Jeanne Fangman
Jeanne Fangman marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Tanika
Tanika added it
Feb 26, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Feb 14, 2014
Jose
Jose is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2014
Lisa K
Lisa K marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
LeeLou
LeeLou marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Durgakuralkar
Durgakuralkar marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Library of Humor Night Riding Women of Spirit: Stories of Courage from the Women Who Lived Them Women Who Dare: Inspiring Stories from the Womenwho Lived Them Snowflake Bentley