Pure Dead Brilliant

Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  358 ratings  ·  17 reviews
There’s trouble brewing at StregaSchloss!

When Signora Strega-Borgia invites some would-be witches to stay, weird things begin to happen. Pandora can’t resist the temptation of time travel. Titus picks up a strange—and deadly—computer virus. And it looks like they may have to trade in the family riches for a family curse.

Are they falling under the witches’ spell? Or is the...more
Published September 9th 2003 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

The Flooze
In another fabulous display of rampant imagination, Ms. Gliori once again threatens the lives of the Strega-Borgia clan. She can't seem to leave these poor people in peace.

An impending inheritance, a vengeful relative, and a determined demon all come together to make the family's life a malestrom of malevolence. In the meantime, we learn some tidbits about the family's ancestry, discover the provenance of that large diamond in the front hall, and most intriguing of all, we get a glimpse into who...more
Miss Clark
Tegan
This was a fun book to read. I found myself living Titus even more than I did in the other books and I even found myself loving tarantella the spider and normally I hate spiders. The characters developed so much more in this book than the first two. There was great adventures that the whole Strega Borgia family had. I defiantly recommend this book to everyone.
Liz
Apr 28, 2009 Liz rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: anyone who's a fan of modern-day, blatantly unrealistic witchcraft
Personally, three and a half stars. Didn't like the history flashbacks so much, but the present-day gadgets were cool! It goes a little deeper and darker than the previous two books, and it's less funny.
Sara
Compared to the first two books, I thought this one was much better. It kept my attention and I only put it down to sleep and eat. lol I hope this means that the series will keep getting better and better! :)
Nessie
this book was so so so good!!! it was super funny and really cooly magical...i hope you know what i mean.Debi Gliori did a really great job on this book...cant wait to read the whole series!!!
Timnah
Fun and fluffy. Lots of bathroom humor. Gliori isn't my favorite wordsmith, but her books are good for a nice break.
Dina Coutu-smith
this book was really cute!! I need to read the rest of the pure dead books now!!
Sophie Brown
i think this book was realy funny.i learned some new comebacks fo my door.
Linda "La La"
Please read my reviews for Pure Dead #1 and #2!! :)
Brett
Sly, witty, & gross. Altogether awesome.
Shaunesay Eslanai
Another fun installment about the Strega-Borgias!
Alex
Ivy
Ivy added it
Apr 10, 2014
Dano
Dano marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Adia
Adia marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Mark And Lorenda
Mark And Lorenda marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Lozza
Lozza is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • The Stormin' Normans
  • The Doomspell Trilogy
  • The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1)
  • Shadows in the Starlight (Changeling #2)
  • Princess Alyss of Wonderland
  • Good Luck, Ivy (American Girls: Julie)
  • The Lighthouse Land (Lighthouse Trilogy, #1)
  • The Sword in the Grotto (Araminta Spookie, #2)
  • Lovingly Alice
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)
  • Invasion of the Road Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales
Debi Gliori (born 1959) is a Scottish author and illustrator of children's books.
She grew up as an only child in Glasgow, and when young began drawing and writing stories. She started writing children's books in 1976, and attended art school in Edinburgh from 1979 to 1984. She then received a travelling scholarship award to go to Milan, and worked as a freelance from 1984 onwards.
She is the author...more
More about Debi Gliori...
Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1) No Matter What Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2) Pure Dead Trouble (Pure Dead #4) Pure Dead Batty (Pure Dead #5)