Start by marking “Pure Dead Brilliant” as Want to Read:
Pure Dead Brilliant

Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  468 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
There’s trouble brewing at StregaSchloss!

When Signora Strega-Borgia invites some would-be witches to stay, weird things begin to happen. Pandora can’t resist the temptation of time travel. Titus picks up a strange—and deadly—computer virus. And it looks like they may have to trade in the family riches for a family curse.

Are they falling under the witches’ spell? Or is the
Published September 9th 2003 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Pure Dead Brilliant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pure Dead Brilliant

The Flooze
In another fabulous display of rampant imagination, Ms. Gliori once again threatens the lives of the Strega-Borgia clan. She can't seem to leave these poor people in peace.

An impending inheritance, a vengeful relative, and a determined demon all come together to make the family's life a malestrom of malevolence. In the meantime, we learn some tidbits about the family's ancestry, discover the provenance of that large diamond in the front hall, and most intriguing of all, we get a glimpse into who
Karen
Feb 05, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! there is a lot going on in this book. I'm going to say TOO much going on in this book. I'm an adult, and I had a hard time keeping the strings of stories from tangling up. Still, it was a very entertaining book.
Miss Clark
Jan 21, 2010 Miss Clark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Lemony Snicket
Hannah Smith
Great series, lots of fun and quirkiness to be had here, although the first 2 in the series were my fave
Lesley
Jul 07, 2014 Lesley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-visiting the whole series, since I haven't read it in years. Not quite as good as I remember, but still good.
Tegan
Dec 30, 2013 Tegan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book to read. I found myself living Titus even more than I did in the other books and I even found myself loving tarantella the spider and normally I hate spiders. The characters developed so much more in this book than the first two. There was great adventures that the whole Strega Borgia family had. I defiantly recommend this book to everyone.
Liz
Apr 28, 2009 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who's a fan of modern-day, blatantly unrealistic witchcraft
Shelves: ya, 2009, 2010
Personally, three and a half stars. Didn't like the history flashbacks so much, but the present-day gadgets were cool! It goes a little deeper and darker than the previous two books, and it's less funny.
Sara
Aug 11, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compared to the first two books, I thought this one was much better. It kept my attention and I only put it down to sleep and eat. lol I hope this means that the series will keep getting better and better! :)
Nessie
Sep 24, 2009 Nessie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was so so so good!!! it was super funny and really cooly magical...i hope you know what i mean.Debi Gliori did a really great job on this book...cant wait to read the whole series!!!
Dave Clark
Feb 17, 2012 Dave Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Timnah
Nov 02, 2007 Timnah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and fluffy. Lots of bathroom humor. Gliori isn't my favorite wordsmith, but her books are good for a nice break.
Dina Coutu-smith
Apr 11, 2014 Dina Coutu-smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
this book was really cute!! I need to read the rest of the pure dead books now!!
Sophie Brown
i think this book was realy funny.i learned some new comebacks fo my door.
Linda La La
Jun 19, 2013 Linda La La rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
Please read my reviews for Pure Dead #1 and #2!! :)
Brett
Jan 14, 2010 Brett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fantasy
Sly, witty, & gross. Altogether awesome.
Shaunesay Eslanai
Jun 04, 2010 Shaunesay Eslanai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun installment about the Strega-Borgias!
Alex
Sep 30, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
SM
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Rituri
Rituri rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Sarka
Sarka rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Jennie Stoltz
Jennie Stoltz marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Ankine
Ankine rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Kirstin Duckett
Kirstin Duckett rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
  • Water Thief (Universal Companions, #1)
  • The Doomspell Trilogy
  • Soul Stealer (The Alchemist's Son #2)
  • Edinburgh (Horrible Histories)
  • My Cup Runneth Over: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts
  • Eight of Swords
  • Shadows in the Starlight (Changeling #2)
  • Lovingly Alice (Alice Prequels #3)
  • Escape from Castle Cant
  • Confessions of an Average Half-Vampire (Book 1)
  • The Silver Dolphin (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • Frognapped (Araminta Spookie, #3)
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • The Secret Country
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Princess Alyss of Wonderland
  • The Star Cloak (Fairy Realm, #7)
  • The Curse of the Campfire Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series #3)
Debi Gliori (born 1959) is a Scottish author and illustrator of children's books.
She grew up as an only child in Glasgow, and when young began drawing and writing stories. She started writing children's books in 1976, and attended art school in Edinburgh from 1979 to 1984. She then received a travelling scholarship award to go to Milan, and worked as a freelance from 1984 onwards.
She is the author
More about Debi Gliori...

Pure Dead (7 books)
  • Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1)
  • Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2)
  • Pure Dead Trouble (Pure Dead #4)
  • Pure Dead Batty (Pure Dead #5)
  • Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)
  • Pure Dead Magic / Pure Dead Wicked / Pure Dead Brilliant