Start by marking “Love on a Rotten Day: An Astrological Survival Guide to Romance” as Want to Read:
Love on a Rotten Day: An Astrological Survival Guide to Romance

Love on a Rotten Day: An Astrological Survival Guide to Romance

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  322 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The Guide to Losing -- or Finding -- Your True Soul Mate

Did you know: Capricorns are cowards when it comes to public displays of affection? Aries get amorous in unusual places? Leos love to be serviced? Cosmo's Bedside Astrologer, Hazel Dixon-Cooper, reveals all this and more in this sexy, uninhibited guide to love and romance, the follow-up to her hip and hilarious Born o
Published December 15th 2009 by Touchstone (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Love on a Rotten Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on a Rotten Day

Jasmine
Mar 13, 2011 Jasmine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: n-a
okay what am I doing you may ask? books on witchcraft and astrology have I lost it.

HOKUM!

it makes me laugh.

according to this book virgos love citrus body wash. this is true I do love citrus body wash unless if has ginger in it. This book must therefore actually be able to predict the future. virgos do not date aries. noted book thanks for the tip.
Eleclyah

Uomini e donne di tutti i segni zodiacali, tremate.
Sfigology in love svelerà tutti i vostri tremendi difetti e i vostri meschini comportamenti in amore!

Come Sfigology, anche Sfigology in love è un libro estremamente divertente, volto ad analizzare il comportamento amoroso di ogni segno zodiacale portandone alla luce gli aspetti più tremendi.
Così, i nati della Vergine "affiggono piani quinquennali del sesso in camera da letto, accanto agli elenchi delle vitamine da prendere. Dividono gli armadi i
Stephanie
Sep 23, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book two years ago, when I started my steps into Astrology, but unfortunately I lost it. Left it on the bus, to be honest.

I found it some months ago, and I immediately bought it. Like it or not, this book is honest, and truthful. At least in the majority of the signs; Cancer, Capricorn, Aries, Taurus and Aquarius are really spot on, for me. Pisces too.

If you want a book that writes about basic characteristics of the person you're interested in, this book is ideal. There's always mo
Lia
Jun 25, 2008 Lia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Seems to be mostly assuming that people will be the worst possible example of their sign, with some redeeming qualities thrown in for the "Keeping One" sections. It was annoying. I may be a Pisces, but I'm not addicted to drugs, alcohol, or anything else.

Otherwise, some astrological gems shined out at me. Some made me laugh at how true they were.

I did gain some insight, but I did have to cut through lots of crap (like unethical advice to cheat on partners - I realize the author writes for Cosmo,
Barbara Bradley
Dec 22, 2014 Barbara Bradley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I do not believe I have ever laughed as much as I did from reading this wonderful book. In the most humorous style it nails your romantic partner's zodiac sign, calling out its whims for what it is. For example, "The Favorite Taurus Pickup Line: 'What are your beliefs, and can you cook?' " or "A Taurus is as jealous as a Scorpio, as whiny as a Cancer, as infantile as an Aries, plus they have that Taurus-only trait of being the most judgmental and least acquiescent sign in the Universe." OR "You ...more
Ashley
Aug 02, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands down the best astrology book I've ever read...and I've read a lot of them. Accurate AND flat out hilarious. Includes not only in-depth sun sign information but moon, venus, and mars (read the intro carefully on how to calculate it, it can be confusing at first, the chart is at the end of the book).
Ness
Jun 15, 2015 Ness rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my top favorite astrology books! Its a good spin on typical astrology reads and more entertaining than anything. I also suggest the Born on a Rotten Day. I just discovered theres a Friends on a Rotten Day, I want to add that to my collection too!
Garrett Cook
I would like to see astrology that work the angles of the zodiac archetypes. This one doesn't. Cosmo bedside astrologer would serve you better.
Missi Thissell
Sep 02, 2011 Missi Thissell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're in to astrology this is a great book. I loved comparing mine and my hubbys signs and signs with ex boyfriends. It was sort of scary how dead on it was with my relationship with my husband.
Ketty
Oct 06, 2011 Ketty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious with some truth thrown in to boot. Although I don't consider myself a drudge...now that part about sex and the cooking channel is ALL me!!
Liz
May 25, 2013 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's crazy how accurately the "surviving one" section for Cancer describes my soon-to-be ex-husband. Made me laugh!
James Curran
May 24, 2016 James Curran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to thank the author for reminding me that there is no hope, but at least it was fun to learn.
Shannon Tapia
Nov 02, 2009 Shannon Tapia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A dating must have! Everyone date I had, I would check their signs before going out and this book act as guide to do's and dont's.
Aziza Kibibi
Aug 06, 2014 Aziza Kibibi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Born on a Rotten day is much better. The sarcasm in BOARD comes across as humorous and actually makes sense, but in this book, it can be down right mean. Still a fun read.
Keri
Aug 27, 2012 Keri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They tell it like it is in a way you can hear it, great for recent breakups, the hung up, and the heart broken. She'll get you laughing.
Silvia Whiterabbit
Silvia Whiterabbit rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Jessica Skjefte
Jessica Skjefte rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Gio
Gio rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Cameron
Cameron rated it it was ok
May 03, 2011
Danii Caceres
Danii Caceres rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Leigh
Leigh rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
CN
CN rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2010
Nora
Nora rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2011
Sharise
Sharise rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2013
Avice Whittall
Avice Whittall rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2008
Lisa
Sep 16, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So fun!
Shannon Lee  Gilstad
Shannon Lee Gilstad rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2013
Shenandoah
Shenandoah rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2008
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes
  • How to Spot a Bastard by His Star Sign: The Ultimate Horrorscope
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • The Secret Language of Relationships: Your Complete Personology Guide to Any Relationship with Anyone
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
  • Astrology for Lovers
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • The Secret Universe of Names: The Dynamic Interplay of Names and Destiny
  • The Handbook of Chinese Horoscopes
  • The Hidden World of Birthdays
  • Cosmic Love: Secrets of the Astrology of Intimacy Revealed
  • Moon Signs: The Key to Your Inner Life
  • Planets in Composite: Analyzing Human Relationships (The Planet Series)
  • Sex Signs: Every Woman's Astrological and Psychological Guide to Love, Health, Men and More!
  • Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart