Start by marking “Whirlpool Of Passion” as Want to Read:
Whirlpool Of Passion

Whirlpool Of Passion

Could she ever escape his hold on her?

The first time she felt the powerful magnetism of the Arab, Ashley Cunningham ran from him, terrified of the bond of attraction between them. It was something she'd never before encountered.

But Sheikh Azir Talil Khaybar was a man who took what he wanted. Abducted from her Cairo hotel, Ashley found herself a pampered prisoner in Azir's
Published October 1988 by Mills & Boon (first published July 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Whirlpool Of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whirlpool Of Passion

MelissaB
I enjoyed this older Harlequin. Thanks to seton for the rec since I had never heard of this one.
seton
Jan 08, 2011 seton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sheikh fans
Shelves: category
Sheikh abducts Australian widow, a day after meeting her in a casino and chasing her through her hotel.

This is a rather straightforward The Sheik homage. Recommended if sheikh captor romances are your cuppa. They dont appeal that much to me personally, but I still found it a dramatic read, Old Skool style.

Despite this being from the HQN Romance line rather than a Presents, it even has a sex scene (borderline forced seduction).

Setting: Egypt

Grade: B+
Melanie♥
Jan 22, 2011 Melanie♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could hear that "silent-movie music" playing in the background as I read.
Jacqueline
Oh the melodrama! Everyone else is reading this so I thought I'd give it a whirl too. Improbable and goofy fun. He's in love within two minutes. It all happens within 2 and a half days. It was like watching one of those books where you flip the pages to make a little scene happen. Brrrip and it's done! Lots of angsty declarations of desire and love. A fun way to spend a hour or so.
April Brookshire
This book reminded me of old movies, where all the actors and actresses dramatically overact each scene.

But I still liked it because the hero was crazily in love with the heroine and there was a sweet side characters love story.
Sara
Feb 02, 2017 Sara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Donna
Nov 22, 2013 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013
This turned out to be a surprisingly entertaining read. There was more to this book than I expected given the synopsis. Although overly dramatic at times, the plot and the characters were more complex than I had initially anticipated. The minor characters were nicely drawn and added a little something extra to the story. The writing flowed so smoothly that I was completely engaged from the first page; and even though I knew there would be a HEA ending, I couldn't wait to see how Darcy would brin ...more
Fiera78
Jun 12, 2013 Fiera78 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Tyhle volovinky opravdu zbožňuju. K tomu, aby se člověk nezbláznil z učení se hodí výtečně. :D
Ale bože nikdy jsem si nevšimla toho šíleného slohu. :D Na absurditu a pohádkovou nareálnost jsem si už zvykla, to mne ani nepřekvapilo.
Angelie
Aug 20, 2014 Angelie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg! after reading this book, i felt like i already traveled to Egypt. fascinating :)it's my first time reading story about a shiek,and this experience is awesome. i love it :)it is also the 2nd book i have read in the "emma darcy collection" ♥ i love the two love story :) so good :)
Gege86
Jul 02, 2015 Gege86 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't believe the love. Didn't see it. Didn't feel it. So very weird novel.
Manjari
Oct 23, 2015 Manjari rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
read it through but wouldn't recommend
Francis
Francis rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2012
Doreen
Doreen rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2008
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2009
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Geo Marcovici
Geo Marcovici rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Theo
Theo rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2014
Ruramai
Ruramai rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
A
A rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Cem73
Cem73 rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2012
lourdes_quintano
lourdes_quintano rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2009
Abida
Abida rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2012
Tash
Tash rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Jellica Mercado
Jellica Mercado rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2010
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2013
Atenea Jaime
Atenea Jaime rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Emma Darcy's life journey has taken as many twists and turns as the characters in her stories, whose international popularity has resulted in over sixty-million book sales. Born in Australia and currently living in a beachside property on the central coast of New South Wales, she travels extensively to research settings and increase her experience of places and people.

Initially a French/English te