Start by marking “Whirlpool Of Passion” as Want to Read:
Whirlpool Of Passion

Whirlpool Of Passion

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Could she ever escape his hold on her?

The first time she felt the powerful magnetism of the Arab, Ashley Cunningham ran from him, terrified of the bond of attraction between them. It was something she'd never before encountered.

But Sheikh Azir Talil Khaybar was a man who took what he wanted. Abducted from her Cairo hotel, Ashley found herself a pampered prisoner in Azir's
Published October 1988 by Mills & Boon (first published July 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Whirlpool Of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whirlpool Of Passion

seton
Jan 10, 2011 seton rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sheikh fans
Shelves: category
Sheikh abducts Australian widow, a day after meeting her in a casino and chasing her through her hotel.

This is a rather straightforward The Sheik homage. Recommended if sheikh captor romances are your cuppa. They dont appeal that much to me personally, but I still found it a dramatic read, Old Skool style.

Despite this being from the HQN Romance line rather than a Presents, it even has a sex scene (borderline forced seduction).

Setting: Egypt

Grade: B+
MelissaB
I enjoyed this older Harlequin. Thanks to seton for the rec since I had never heard of this one.
Melanie♥
I could hear that "silent-movie music" playing in the background as I read.
Jacqueline
Oh the melodrama! Everyone else is reading this so I thought I'd give it a whirl too. Improbable and goofy fun. He's in love within two minutes. It all happens within 2 and a half days. It was like watching one of those books where you flip the pages to make a little scene happen. Brrrip and it's done! Lots of angsty declarations of desire and love. A fun way to spend a hour or so.
April Brookshire
This book reminded me of old movies, where all the actors and actresses dramatically overact each scene.

But I still liked it because the hero was crazily in love with the heroine and there was a sweet side characters love story.
Angelie
omg! after reading this book, i felt like i already traveled to Egypt. fascinating :)it's my first time reading story about a shiek,and this experience is awesome. i love it :)it is also the 2nd book i have read in the "emma darcy collection" i love the two love story :) so good :) ...more
Gege86
Couldn't believe the love. Didn't see it. Didn't feel it. So very weird novel.
Donna
This turned out to be a surprisingly entertaining read. There was more to this book than I expected given the synopsis. Although overly dramatic at times, the plot and the characters were more complex than I had initially anticipated. The minor characters were nicely drawn and added a little something extra to the story. The writing flowed so smoothly that I was completely engaged from the first page; and even though I knew there would be a HEA ending, I couldn't wait to see how Darcy would brin ...more
Fiera78
Tyhle volovinky opravdu zbožňuju. K tomu, aby se člověk nezbláznil z učení se hodí výtečně. :D
Ale bože nikdy jsem si nevšimla toho šíleného slohu. :D Na absurditu a pohádkovou nareálnost jsem si už zvykla, to mne ani nepřekvapilo.
Charity Ashimem Angya
Charity Ashimem Angya marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Vana
Vana marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Tina Abaya
Tina Abaya marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Jessica Carbaugh
Jessica Carbaugh marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Raijilli Magaña
Raijilli Magaña marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Hnou
Hnou marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Julie Grayham
Julie Grayham marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
M
M added it
Nov 24, 2014
Nissa
Nissa added it
Oct 23, 2014
Leona Wicklund
Leona Wicklund marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Luci Morgan
Luci Morgan marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Emma Darcy's life journey has taken as many twists and turns as the characters in her stories, whose international popularity has resulted in over sixty-million book sales. Born in Australia and currently living in a beachside property on the central coast of New South Wales, she travels extensively to research settings and increase her experience of places and people.

Initially a French/English te
More about Emma Darcy...
The Italian's Stolen Bride Marriage Meltdown Breaking Point The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1) The Billionaire's Captive Bride