Start by marking “Homeschooling at the Speed of Life: Balancing Home, School, and Family in the Real World” as Want to Read:

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  80 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
What should I do next; grade the math test or tackle the laundry? Homeschooling at the Speed of Life gives busy homeschooling mothers a thoughtfully thorough resource for bringing order back to their home. In tune with today’s pace, the book provides basic home-management principles, teaching parents how to de-clutter their homes, develop life skills in their children, tam ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by B&H Books (first published March 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Homeschooling at the Speed of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeschooling at the Speed of Life

Jun 12, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: homeschooling
Great book, Biblical ideas and advice on organizing enough to keep things straight without making everyone nuts. Nice CD of forms included. Loved the definition of organization in this book. This one's a keeper.
Shannon
Feb 11, 2010 Shannon rated it it was ok
This book was a disappointment. As I try to prepare for homeschooling, I am concerned about learning how to balance managing my home, caring for my two daughters who will continue to attend public school and educating my eldest daughter. Homeschooling at the Speed of Life sounded like a book that would begin to help me address some of these issues. Instead, it was more of a primer on organization. And while my home is not consistently or uniformly organized, if I wanted a book on organization, t ...more
Janaleefish
Jul 06, 2010 Janaleefish rated it liked it
Helpful in how to stay organized. Perfect for anyone needing a plan to organize around homeschooling. Everything is in the perspective of a homeschooling mom with a bunch of kids around all day. I borrowed this from the library and it included a CD of forms in PDF format. I got irritated witht he format of the pages. Nearly every page had a quote about organization smack dab in the middle of the page in huge type. It necame very distracting and broke up the reading. If I wanted to read quotes I ...more
Tracy
Jun 14, 2014 Tracy rated it it was ok
Nothing new here....
Amy
Sep 30, 2014 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: homeschooling
big print, quote on every page, not much useful content. encouraging, but not very practical.
Stacey Daze
Nov 26, 2007 Stacey Daze rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: homeschoolers
Shelves: non-fiction
Whether you are beginning or in the middle of your homeschooling period, Marilyn Rockett has wonderful advice for you in this book. I loved the way she presented the information, and while I skimmed the parts that I didn't need, I still got much useful information from the book. The forms in the back were wonderful, though I am a form junky!
Katie
Aug 02, 2012 Katie rated it did not like it
If you are not uber christian, then this book will be impossible to read or even skim for small nuggets of helpful information. The author really should have put the word "Christian " in the title since that accounts for about 50% of the content.
Jenifer
Sep 15, 2009 Jenifer rated it really liked it
Focusing on the point that no one person can do everything.....this book is a great way to put life in perspective when you're homeschooling your children. An easy read for those with limited spare time! A great resource for any homeschooling mom.
Julie
Jan 24, 2011 Julie added it
I enjoyed this book. I am going to be a homeschooling mom this fall. The book was able to provide ideas on balance. The pdf cd that came with it provided a lot of great forms.
Jun 06, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
This book was okay. There are a lot more books out there with better information and easier reading.
Shannon
Apr 28, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: homeschool
Alternately inspiring and guilt producing. I need to go back through & do the exercises.
Adrienne Furness
Recommended for libraries with sizable strongly Christian homeschooling populations.
Jenny
Mar 29, 2010 Jenny rated it it was ok
Shelves: education
This was a birthday gift from my mil. So far I it is holding my interest...
Ginny
Sep 14, 2011 Ginny rated it it was ok
Shelves: homeschooling
This book was more about home organization than homeschooling.
Hannah Kartagener
Jan 20, 2011 Hannah Kartagener rated it liked it
Some good practical tips and ideas. Encouraging words as well.
Tiffany
May 25, 2010 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Loved it....and the CD-Rom to print out forms!
Oct 01, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Good organization tips.
Feb 13, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Liked it! Very helpful!
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2016
Jenny Sullivan
Jenny Sullivan marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Rachel Rouleau
Rachel Rouleau marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Beth Starr
Beth Starr rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Jean
Jean added it
Feb 04, 2016
Shannon Rowell
Shannon Rowell rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Jennifer Brewer
Jennifer Brewer rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Jose B. Martinez
Jose B. Martinez rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2015
NRH
NRH marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015