Homeschooling at the Speed of Life: Balancing Home, School, and Family in the Real World

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  18 reviews
What should I do next; grade the math test or tackle the laundry? Homeschooling at the Speed of Life gives busy homeschooling mothers a thoughtfully thorough resource for bringing order back to their home. In tune with today’s pace, the book provides basic home-management principles, teaching parents how to de-clutter their homes, develop life skills in their children, tam...more
Published April 1st 2007 by B&H Books (first published March 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Homeschooling at the Speed of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeschooling at the Speed of Life

Michelle
Great book, Biblical ideas and advice on organizing enough to keep things straight without making everyone nuts. Nice CD of forms included. Loved the definition of organization in this book. This one's a keeper.
Shannon
This book was a disappointment. As I try to prepare for homeschooling, I am concerned about learning how to balance managing my home, caring for my two daughters who will continue to attend public school and educating my eldest daughter. Homeschooling at the Speed of Life sounded like a book that would begin to help me address some of these issues. Instead, it was more of a primer on organization. And while my home is not consistently or uniformly organized, if I wanted a book on organization, t...more
Janaleefish
Helpful in how to stay organized. Perfect for anyone needing a plan to organize around homeschooling. Everything is in the perspective of a homeschooling mom with a bunch of kids around all day. I borrowed this from the library and it included a CD of forms in PDF format. I got irritated witht he format of the pages. Nearly every page had a quote about organization smack dab in the middle of the page in huge type. It necame very distracting and broke up the reading. If I wanted to read quotes I...more
Tracy
Nothing new here....
Stacey
Nov 26, 2007 Stacey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: homeschoolers
Shelves: non-fiction
Whether you are beginning or in the middle of your homeschooling period, Marilyn Rockett has wonderful advice for you in this book. I loved the way she presented the information, and while I skimmed the parts that I didn't need, I still got much useful information from the book. The forms in the back were wonderful, though I am a form junky!
Katie
If you are not uber christian, then this book will be impossible to read or even skim for small nuggets of helpful information. The author really should have put the word "Christian " in the title since that accounts for about 50% of the content.
Jenifer
Focusing on the point that no one person can do everything.....this book is a great way to put life in perspective when you're homeschooling your children. An easy read for those with limited spare time! A great resource for any homeschooling mom.
Julie
Jan 24, 2011 Julie added it
I enjoyed this book. I am going to be a homeschooling mom this fall. The book was able to provide ideas on balance. The pdf cd that came with it provided a lot of great forms.
Tamara
Jun 03, 2008 Tamara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone orgnizationally challenged
This is a great organizational book whether or not you've ever even thought of homeschooling. Personally I liked the thoughts on "functional neatness" and SOS & EDIT days.
Michelle
This book was okay. There are a lot more books out there with better information and easier reading.
Shannon
Alternately inspiring and guilt producing. I need to go back through & do the exercises.
Adrienne Furness
Recommended for libraries with sizable strongly Christian homeschooling populations.
Jenny
This was a birthday gift from my mil. So far I it is holding my interest...
Ginny
This book was more about home organization than homeschooling.
Hannah Kartagener
Some good practical tips and ideas. Encouraging words as well.
Tiffany
Loved it....and the CD-Rom to print out forms!
Good organization tips.
Liked it! Very helpful!
Lea
Lea added it
Aug 07, 2014
Grete
Grete marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Chanae
Chanae marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Homeschooling at the Speed of Life See, I told me so! From Dark to Dawn: A Tale of Martin Luther and the Reformation