Start by marking “72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1) ” as Want to Read:
72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1)

72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1) (Devlin Group #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Alex Rossi leads a double life, and it may cost Grace Nolan her son. The Devlin Group: A privately-owned rogue agency unhindered by red tape and jurisdiction. Grace Nolan walked away from the Devlin Group carrying Alex Rossi's child in her womb and his bullet in her shoulder. But a ghost from the past has kidnapped her son, Danny. The ransom-Alex Rossi. To get her son back ...more
Published June 20th 2006 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about 72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1)

Holly
I decided to read this book because of the secret baby plot. I like them when done well, and I was led to believe the heroine's reasons for keeping her son a secret from his father were reasonable. What I was told was correct - her reasons made sense and allowed me to enjoy the story without anger at her for keeping her son a secret.

I really liked the chemistry and emotions between Alex and Grace. Their past history made the story more intense. I also liked the action scenes. Grace was a pretty
Diane
Fast, easy read, sort of like a tv movie. Lots of action but no depth.
Linda
Grace Nolan traded barbs with Carmen, the only girlfriend that she had and suddenly launched herself down the steps and into the kitchen, she flung open the oven door, grabbed the burning tray of chocolate chip cookies and dumped the charred mess into the sink. She could repel from helicopters, shoot to kill the bad guys on the run, so why was it so hard to bake her eight year old son cookies? Grace muttered back up the stairs, when Carmen saw the expression on her face and chuckled. Carmen had ...more
Lisa
Grace doesn't look like a woman on the run. She tries (and fails) to bake cookies for her son Danny after school. The secret from her past - that she's a butt-kicking secret agent - catches up with her at the beginning of the book, when Danny is kidnapped and held in exchange for her former co-worker Alex.

Grace has a secret she must tell in order to get Alex to go along with her plan. Alex also has a secret that comes out in time.

Could I see the happy ending coming a mile away in this paint-by
Heather
This was a free kindle book that I got a couple of months ago. When I read the product description it seemed like an interesting concept - it gives you a descent overview.

The heroine, Grace Nolan, is an ex-agent trying to raise her son. The hero, Alex Rossi, is her ex-partner and the man she once loved.

This book was a quick read - nothing really unexpected. This was the first book I read by Shannon Stacy. I wasn't overly impressed. The fact that I saw the ending coming from page one was very dis
Book Binge Blog

Wanderer ♔ Wanderlust ♔
I read this because of the secret baby trope. It was a bit of a surprise to see how many years the secret baby was a secret baby...err...child. But I understood why the heroine did it so it worked for me. I also felt like the hero's reaction to finding out about his son was believable too. They were in the middle of planning out the rescue so he had to set the "confrontation" aside for the moment and get down to the business of rescuing their son.

I was a fan of the TV Show Alias, and the heroine
Linda Langford
Alex Rossi aka Sean Devlin is leading a double life--he's the founder of Devlin Group as Sean Devlin; and he's Alex Rossi (his real name), one of Devlin Groups senior agents. His lifetime goal has been to find & kill the man who murdered his mother.

Grace Nolan is an ex- agent, and considers Sean Devlin a friend. When her young son, Danny, is kidnapped, she's forced to ask Devlin Group to help her find & rescue him. The kidnapper just happens to be the killer Alex is seeking, and the kill
Aleksandra Branka
Action and romance

There isn't one aspect of the book that I don't like. Fast paced action, the one that good action movies are made of; characters that are captivating and of course love that conquers all. Written well, paced well and, simply put, page turner. Thumbs up in my book.
Honeypie
//ebook

If you're into stories like the James Bond movies and shit, you'd probably enjoy this. Plot is simple enough, but full of action. I'm sure there are a lot more happenings within the words, than how I imagined them.

With the 'proper selection' of actors, this could be made into a movie, and not really sucked.

Towards the last pages, I was actually looking forward to book two. I haven't read the synopsis yet, but I'm hoping the 'lead characters' would still lead the 2nd book. Or at
Michelle Rodriguez
This was a great book....I liked it but I just felt like something was missing. Im by no means an author nor could I ever be one I just felt like something was missing. Other than that it was a good read and I do look forward to reading the second book in this series.
Amy R
I liked this book. I had previously read Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series and I loved her writing in those so I started looking at her other books. Romantic Suspense is probably my favorite genre of romance and I was not disappointed with this one. I enjoyed watching Alex and Grace deal with their issues from the past and present while saving their son from a crazy dude. I enjoyed their friends Gallagher and Carmen as well. There was just the right amount of suspense and intimacy to keep me read ...more
Allie
Short, fast read. Likable characters and good action.
Wendy
International espionage is an unusual milieu for a romance novel, and former and current covert agents make unusual protagonists, but this short book is tight tight tight and tense and nonstop action, both physical and mental, and eminently satisfying in the end. There is a body count among the bad guys, and a liberal lashing of wounds among the good guys, but everything that happens supports the story. This is the first in a series, so I look forward to more in this entertaining crossover of tw ...more
Kelsey
Kindle freebies strike again. This book was pretty decent, if a little short. And the excerpt of Stacey's next book caused me to buy it, so mission accomplished. I felt that this book could have easily continued for another 100 pages (or 1000 locations, in kindle-speak). It seems that the driving force of the novel, the abduction of Grace's son, was resolved a little too easily (read: in the middle of the book). But it was free. Can't complain too much about that.
Linda Farrell
Bad. Not the author's genre at all and much too shallow though it's hard to go for depth in just over 100 pages. Bah.
Marcia
I really enjoyed this romantic suspense novel and read it in pretty much one sitting. The plot was ok, the action scenes were good, the sex was hot, and the interaction between the hero and heroine enjoyable. The only drawback was that it could've been longer. The more I read by Ms. Stacey, the bigger a fan I become. I will definitely be looking to read the next book in this series.
Hilly
3.25 stars. Extra quarter-star for reminding me of the movie (view spoiler), which is one of my all-time favorite and repeated-watchable movies.

The plot was so convoluted and yet the ending was too simple. The estranged lovers who were our H/h were captivating, though. I liked it well enough. I'll be reading the other books in the series, too.
Liz McBee
This was a free Kindle book that I picked up because it appeared to be interesting. It's about a mother who gave up the spy business after finding out she was pregnant. She kept the baby secret from his father and, as circumstances would have it, she's thrown back into a situation of working with the father. It was fast paced and a quick read.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Devlin Group series by Shannon Stacey. A quick read. I probably will read more by this author. It was a good story I just felt it needed a little more of something. Maybe a little more back story or character development and a little more suspense. I felt it got "wrapped" up rather quickly.
Netty
Can't believe I've only just discovered this series. I blame the Kowalski Family!!!
Julie Buckland
I found this series while waiting for the next installment of the Kowalski's. I enjoyed this book because it had a romantic but realistic storyline as well as provided me with action, laughs and tears. My only regret is that I found it by accident while looking for more from Shannon Stacey.
Amy
Alex finds out that his ex-partner and girlfriend's son has been kidnapped. What Alex didn't know was that Grace has lied about who Danny's father is. Alex has been keeping some secrets of his own. They reunite to save Danny and rekindle an old flame.
Larry Anspach
Horrible. Sophomoric writing. I REALLY try to read a book through. At the halfway point, I decided I just couldn't do it this time. Character development was shallow. The book is filled with repetitive clichés.
Emily Liz
Oct 16, 2011 Emily Liz rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Emily by: no one
I read this book in 3 days it was that fast. The book was pretty good but slowed down at the end. I can't complain because this book was a kindle free book. I give this book a 3 star.
Sonia
No puedo quitarle estrellas por ser demasiado corta, así que por ser una lectura entretenida para un trayecto en tren se merece las 4.
Ann
Pretty good series. I only wish this book were a bit longer and the romance between the 2 main characters was a bit more drawn out.
Cara Downey
I just completed this book this morning... I love the twists and turns, it was a great read... I just purchased Shannon's Forever Again...
Sharon
This book is still just as awesome as it was when I originally read it several years ago. I love Alex and Grace. *happy sigh*
  • Operation Sheba (Super Agent, #1)
  • Unbreakable (Shadow Destroyers, #1)
  • Paradox
  • The Brass Bed (Jewel Heiss #1)
  • By Reason of Insanity
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3)
  • Deception
  • When Night Falls
  • Anything But Mine (Hearts of the South, #4)
  • Primitive
  • Hostile Intent (Delvin, #1)
  • The Christmas Bus
  • Her Mother's Killer
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Discovering Dani  (Jamesville, #1)
  • Angel In My Bed (Donally Family, #4)
  • The Mark (Henry Parker, #1)
  • Black Sea Affair (Navy Justice #4)
Shannon Stacey married her Prince Charming in 1993 and is the proud mother of two incredible sons. She lives in New England, where her two favorite activities are trying to stay warm and writing stories of happily ever after. Her two cats refuse to curl up on her lap and keep it warm while she writes, but her Shih Tzu is never far away.

When she’s not writing, she’s indulging in her other passion—f
More about Shannon Stacey...
Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4) All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)