Start by marking “Shojo Fashion Manga Art School: How to Draw Cool Looks and Characters” as Want to Read:
Shojo Fashion Manga Art School: How to Draw Cool Looks and Characters

Shojo Fashion Manga Art School: How to Draw Cool Looks and Characters

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Number One Fashion Workshop for Shojo Manga!From 'dos to shoes, how you dress and style your characters says a lot about who they are, before they even utter a word. Whether your story calls for a flashy drama queen or a mousy bookworm, this guide contains everything you need to know to create fabulous shojo manga characters with personality.

The Figure. Follow these si
Published November 20th 2009 by Impact (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shojo Fashion Manga Art School

Jillian
May 13, 2015 Jillian rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those wanting to refine their comic art style and have trouble with people and clothes
Recommended to Jillian by: Myself
Shelves: owned, drawing
This is what I needed. It does lack in a few areas, and only really concentrates (in clothes) modern girls' clothes, which isn't a huge issue. It also mostly concentrates on drawing teenage girls, and doesn't put any focus on different age groups, but it does help a bit with drawing guys. It also covers, somewhat, drawing the attitudes for your characters. It's good for learning to draw proportions, poses, fabric types, hands and feet, hair, faces and heads, including profile views, whether you' ...more
May
May 23, 2012 May rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: how-to
I mostly picked this up because there's a large section in it on drawing clothes and hairstyles, which I really needed. I ended up loving the whole thing.

I really like Flores' art style, which is part of why I like it so much. But also, the way the instruction is presented is very straight-forward and easy to follow.

The part I was interested in--the fashion and hairstyles--is very well done. The only thing that was a little disappointing is that though there's a wide variety of hairstyles, only
Samantha
To start off, this is a great book. Honestly it contains a lot of invaluable information relating to the drawing of clothes and styles. I love this book.

What I do not love is the ebook I purchased. I purchased the ebook from the Kobo website and I was sorely disappointed. For although the content was great there was a lot of stuff that just wasn't right. It is not uncommon to be missing images and occasionally the words in paragraphs were all mixed around.

I would recommend buying this book... I
Tali
It's Alright, better than most Manga books I've tried. Honesty I haven't found better in all the bookstores I've looked in, as far as the way it teaches you. A lot of Art books are more of a showcase than a teacher. This was the most "Teacher" Manga book I've found. So either I don't have access to better, or this is as good as it gets for Manga. A lot of artists are really good at what they do, but teaching is another talent that not all people have.
Thus they show a lot of examples in their "S
4br4
Literally the best how to draw book I've ever read. Some diversity, great fashion & the drawing style is cute, effective and pretty accurate. :)
Don't Be Sad! Be HAPPY. NOW.
I Really Want This!!!!!!!
Dan J
Dan J added it
Jun 29, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Labeba Salameh
Labeba Salameh marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Oliver Christian
Oliver Christian marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Fábio Graça
Fábio Graça marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Ryoma
Ryoma added it
Apr 20, 2015
Elernor Thomas
Elernor Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Gabukichi
Gabukichi marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Fay
Fay marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
  • Manga Mania Magical Girls and Friends: How to Draw the Super-Popular Action Fantasy Characters of Manga
  • How to Draw Manga: Male Characters
  • The Monster Book of Manga: Draw Like the Experts
  • How to Draw Manga: Getting Started
  • The Art of Rise of the Guardians
  • Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 Drawing Lessons from the Creator of Akiko
  • Woodland Knits: 20 enchanting projects to make and share
  • How to Draw Manga: Bodies & Anatomy
  • Vanishing Point: Perspective for Comics from the Ground Up
  • Okami Official Complete Works
  • The Merchant of Venice
  • Handmade to Sell: Hello Craft's Guide to Owning, Running, and Growing Your Crafty Biz
  • Wise Words: Family Stories That Bring the Proverbs to Life
  • Grant Morrison's 18 Days
  • The Art of Medicine: Over 2,000 Years of Images and Imagination
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • Inverloch Volume 1
  • Genkaku Picasso, Vol. 3
Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2: Draw Modern Looks Shojo Fashion Manga Art School: How to Draw Cool Looks and Characters Rising Stars Of Manga, Vol. 3 Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Boys: How to Draw Cool Characters, Action Scenes and Modern Looks Mark of the Succubus, Volume 2