Start by marking “The Ultimate Dracula” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Dracula

The Ultimate Dracula (Ultimate Monster)

This text introduces a young boy called Johnny who goes on a magical journey with a special angel in a space pod. The angel takes Johnny on a trip through his own body where they whizz about landing wherever the space pod takes them. Finding a sore, inflamed patch in his throat and landing there to investigate, Johnny uncovers an old memory of being separated from his moth ...more
Published February 1st 2003 by iBooks (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Dracula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Dracula

Qualité inégale. Seules les nouvelles ayant un lien avec le mythe originel de Dracula m'ont réellement fait passer un bon moment.
Dharia Scarab
An ok collection of stories. Some good, some not so much. Not on my list to read again.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read
-Excusa menor y resultados casi acordes.-

Género. Relatos.

Lo que nos cuenta. Con introducción de Leonard Wolf y cierre del mismo mediante un acercamiento a filmografía relativa al asunto, 19 relatos (escritos todos para la presente recopilación salvo el primero, escrito por Rice en 1985) que, con la excusa del 60 aniversario de la película de Todd Browning “Drácula”, presentan diferentes (y muy irregulares) aproximaciones al concepto del vampiro, desde su adaptación a la vida contemporánea o a su
May 25, 2016 Virginy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Certains aimeront sûrement. Personnellement, aucun de ces textes ne m’a vraiment emballée. Certaines s’inspirant d’événements proches dans le temps au moment de l’écriture, d’autres préférant explorer la branche cinématographique, rien, durant ma lecture, ne m’a fait frissonner ou m’interroger. Ce n’est pas mal écrit, loin de là, chaque auteur à un style agréable à la lecture, mais ce que chacun raconte ne m’a pas impressionnée au point de me laisser un souvenir impérissable. J’ai ressenti chaqu ...more
Good, but not great, anthology. Nice diversity, considering all the stories were based around one theme. Kevin Anderson's story, featuring Bela Lugosi was a favorite.
Several of the stories felt like intros to bigger stories and there were a couple that ignored the 'Dracula' in the title and just had a story with a vampire in it, or thought if a character mentions Dracula that counts.

Gotta say how sad I am that one of the worst stories in this volume was by one of my favorite writers.
Tina Lussier
Aug 22, 2013 Tina Lussier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am fascinated by the folklore & history surrounding Dracula. I lived reading this compilation of short stories. They weren't ALL great - but what I enjoyed most was the variety and this different points of view on the stories. If you're a Dracula fan - you'll enjoy this.
Erik Graff
Apr 23, 2012 Erik Graff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dracula fans
Recommended to Erik by: Lawrence Santoro
Shelves: literature
I very much enjoyed this collection, not much liking most horror and not having expected much when I opened it. Many of the stories are quite contemporary with topics such as the vampiric response to HIV-AIDS.
Sep 11, 2010 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: Jorma
Shelves: read-in-2010
For something named, The Ultimate Dracula, there weren't as many stories dealing with Dracula as I'd have thought. The last story by Kristine Kathryn Rusch was really good. I'd give that 4 stars. Although, it as well didn't have anything Dracula related, just vampires.
Dec 12, 2011 Cyndie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il y a de très bonnes petites histoires, mais il y en a des très étranges. C'est tout de même un bon recueil de nouvelles en hommage du plus grand vampire de la littérature.
Timothy Boyd
If you like short stories and people taking a new view of a subject then this is a good book. I enjoyed a few of the stories but overall was not pleased. Not recommended
Nov 22, 2015 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting to read several short stories about Dracula and the versions writers experiment with. It was a good read.
Lady Entropy
Jan 08, 2012 Lady Entropy rated it it was ok

Uma compilação de contos sobre o Drácula que me deixou... absolutamente indiferente. Não houve um que se aproveitasse realmente, ao ponto de dizer que fosse bom.

Para dar.
Linda Diaz
Linda Diaz rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Aileen Harms
Aileen Harms rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Harold Neighbors
Harold Neighbors rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2009
Clinton Woosley
Clinton Woosley rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Patty rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Rae rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2013
Sarah rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2010
Phil rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2014
Kira Cook
Kira Cook rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Adam Burton
Adam Burton rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2008
Kaile rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Mary Biggs
Mary Biggs rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
May Agana
May Agana rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Allison White
Allison White rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Ester rated it liked it
May 31, 2013
Melissa rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2008
  • The Book of Renfield: A Gospel of Dracula
  • The Vampire Sextette
  • Borderlands 3
  • A Coven of Vampires
  • Under the Fang (The Horror Writers of America)
  • Vampires: Encounters With the Undead
  • Dark Delicacies (Dark Delicacies, #1)
  • Night Visions: The Hellbound Heart
  • Ghosts and Grisly Things
  • Dracula in London
Byron Preiss was the president of Byron Preiss Visual Publications and Ibooks, and was recognized as a pioneer in digital publishing. He was among the first publishers to release CD-ROM's and electronic books.

Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., Preiss graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1972 and earned a master's degree in communications from Stanford University. He produced The Words of Gandhi,
More about Byron Preiss...

Ultimate Monster (7 books)
  • The Ultimate Alien