Start by marking “Once Upon A Tyme” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Tyme

Once Upon A Tyme

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
There’s a new hero in town.
And this one doesn’t wear his underpants on the outside!
Well, not often.
And when he does he swears blind he can’t remember how they got there.

Its Tom Tyme’s sixty-fifth birthday and after he has been down to the village
Post-office – while its still there – to collect his pension he’s going to become a
Time Traveller.

But he doesn’t know that yet.
Mass Market Paperback
Published 2009 by Zygmunt Stanley

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Tyme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Tyme

Chris
Doctor Who has his Tardis, Tom Tyme has his … Portaloo. No this isn’t a Cornish seaside resort (we do get to visit Tintagel, however) but a machine for travelling in time and space, though there’s not much space inside it, as it happens, and the flush doesn’t do what you’d want it to.

And that’s just for starters in this richly comic novel, which involves a talking moggie, King Arthur’s sword Excalibur and mistaken identities — from which you’ll gather it’s pointless giving a plot summary. My cop
Elizabeth Davies
This book has typically British humour and references; the tone and style reminded me of Terry Pratchett. I giggled from the every first page, and kept laughing most of the way through.
The main character is a quintessential English elderly gentleman,and in fact, I could just envisage my dear old dad going through exactly the same thought processes as Tom.
The premise was strange, and the story-line a little odd, but this just adds to the comedic aspect. At times the humour and sarcasm was a litt
Robert
A lovely quick read, was funny in places LMAO. But seemed to become crowded at the end
Shiv
Shiv marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Christi
Christi marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2013
Ninja
Ninja added it
Jul 17, 2012
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2012
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2011
Alex
Alex added it
Jan 16, 2011
Stefan Jakubowski in brief.

Hometown - Reading - where I was raised, lived and worked until 1995. I moved to Aberystwyth for two years before moving on to Pembrokeshire where I now live with my wife Nia and adopted cat Peaches (she was already named - I whistle when I want her to come in).

Before chancing my arm in the literary world I held down numerous jobs which included wood-machinest, sawyer, l
More about Stefan Jakubowski...
Dead Peculiar Miscreation Strange Relations Tyme and Time Again