Start by marking “The Chocolate Run: AND The Cupid Effect” as Want to Read:

The Chocolate Run: AND The Cupid Effect

Book by Dorothy Koomson
Paperback
Published 2010 by Little, Brown Book Group

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Run

Lisa
May 27, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, it`s the second book by Dorothy Koomson that I have red and I have found them both very enjoyable. This book had me from page one although I did find towards the end I was getting a bit sick of the chocolate references but I think it was because I was enjoying the story and I wanted to see what the out come with the four main characters would be, I was getting a bit impatient. I liked the humour the book had and found myself laughing out loud on many occasions while I w ...more
Cara
Mar 03, 2011 Cara rated it liked it
I like this author; she writes some excellent chick-lit type books, always with a black lead character. So far I have read The Chocolate Run, which was nice and light... a Thornton's Viennese Truffle of a book ;-)

Have now finished The Cupid Effect, which I enjoyed, particularly the Buffy and Angel references... a girl after my own heart!
Gladys Maina
Jan 22, 2014 Gladys Maina rated it really liked it
I give the chocolate run a four star because I enjoyed reading it. I loved Amber and Greg's story and it was such a page turner. I am yet to read the cupid effect because I felt I needed something different and by another author. I will never hesitate to pick up a Dorothy Koomson book.
Mary
Feb 25, 2012 Mary rated it did not like it
gave up on this one
R Kes
Dec 03, 2012 R Kes rated it really liked it
Hmmm have 2 of her books now, page turners with likeable characters but loads of similarities in the 2 stories, white English girl and black Brit besties, some cheats or try's to cheat with other one BF, queue fall out, then make up. Still enjoyed the and have the 3rd on hand to start if that one is also similar, I may give up on her books, which would be a shame as very well written easy to read beach type books but I guess why pay for the same book with diff cover eh? I shall update what I thi ...more
Sheu Quen
Jan 30, 2017 Sheu Quen rated it liked it
Recommended to Sheu Quen by: Cheryl Cheam
Shelves: just-barely
The plot reminds me of what reality is all about: a friendship torn apart by the drama and lust of love and relationships. It also reminds me of how much we value friendships to the point of being unable to choose between your significant other and your best friend. What we should know is a healthy balance of both, although more often than not, that's easier said than done. But if I had a friend like Amber Salpone does in the book, I'd be more than ready to dump her and drop the friendship becau ...more
Phoebe Poh
Jul 15, 2015 Phoebe Poh rated it really liked it
This is the first time I read a book by Dorothy Koomson, and it's 2 story in 1. I have to say I enjoyed every bits of it. I think there was too much affections among the main characters in Chocolate Run then when The Cupid Effect came in, which lack of affection on the main character's love life, I got a lil disappointed. Nonetheless it was still a pleasant read and I'm glad of the happy ending. I'll be looking out for more reads from this author from hereon. ^^
Holly Blincow
Jan 25, 2013 Holly Blincow rated it really liked it
It's one of those books I'll just pick up and read whenever I feel low or just need comforting. It's the most disheveled book on my shelf!! I get lost in Amber and Greg's world. If you're looking for a fairy tale story, this isn't for you. However, if you're looking for a book with some humor, a lovely main character and a test of love and friendship then buy it!! I honestly think it's a must for every bookshelf.
Elle LaBelle
Mar 01, 2015 Elle LaBelle rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely. It was the first book I read by this author and I quickly found myself seeking out all of her books. Her characters are well written and relatable. Hands down one of the best novels I've read with a interracial couple. I only wish other interracial writers' novel were as good as this.
Ally Budd
Apr 15, 2013 Ally Budd rated it liked it
I was so looking forward to reading this as I love the author and a few friends had told me I'll love it. I was a bit disappointed :-(. Usually I fall in love with the characters in Dorothy's books but I guess I just didn't really likeAmber and Greg that much. Having said that it is a page turner and I wouldn't want to put anyone off reading it.
Msdot
Aug 07, 2013 Msdot rated it liked it
I dont like the main characters too much. I feel like there were too much drama within one story. I do however enjoy the way it was written and reading the detailed description of chocolate references.

I was quite put off by the first book that I didnt end up reading the 2nd book because I suspect the story would be as typical chick lit as the first story.
lebo
Jan 24, 2015 lebo rated it it was amazing
in short ,its a good book.

I loved how she described the characters (like actual people you`ve bumped into at some point in life)

its predictable in an unpredictable way .

ag this was a good book
Nuzra
Dec 20, 2012 Nuzra rated it liked it
Hmm.... nothing much in terms of interest, kind of predictable and maybe even a little too melodramatic for my liking. But if heart fluttering romances with 'happily ever after' is the icing on your cake, then it fits.
Bisma Safdar
Jul 24, 2013 Bisma Safdar rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Bisma by: Found it while browsing
There
just wasn't a single bore moment..It was my first book of Dorothy and
she made a fan outta me..i absolutely adored all the characters even
those that weren't that easy to adore..thank you for a beautiful read..
Diana Matias
Apr 09, 2012 Diana Matias rated it it was ok
Indeed, it's a funny book but not a great one.
I loved Amber's chocolate definitions! And I think it's obvious that there is always a special one in a Casanova's life! :)
Gan Chin
Aug 12, 2014 Gan Chin rated it really liked it
Running away is really not solving the problem but will make you suffer with the unsolved problem.
Jasmine
Nov 12, 2012 Jasmine rated it really liked it
Shelves: dorothy-koomson
Liked the chocolate definition onto a person...
Simone
May 29, 2013 Simone rated it really liked it
2 heartwarming stories but personally I prefer Dorothy Koomson's other stories such as The Rose Petal Beach which are more gritty n gripping :)
Lala
Feb 24, 2015 Lala rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it was very entertaining and I found myself identified with some situations.
Bad boys and chocolate! some of our favorite things!
Valerie Harewood
Dec 14, 2016 Valerie Harewood rated it it was amazing
This was the first book by Dorothy Koomson I read and I haven't stopped reading any of her books yet. I look forward to every new title she puts out. Excellent writer.
Emily
Jun 01, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Mack
Apr 26, 2016 Mack rated it it was ok
Hated the ending, can't stand (view spoiler)
Vaisola
May 06, 2012 Vaisola rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this book. Dorothy Koomson you are an awesome writer!
Farhanah Manaf
Feb 05, 2012 Farhanah Manaf rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
This is my first Dorothy's books that I'd read. Enjoying, easy to adapt and the most important is Dorothy's books has give me a good impression of her by reading this book.
Lisacrooksbtinternet.com
Aug 23, 2014 Lisacrooksbtinternet.com rated it it was amazing
excellente ! koomson at her best.disappointed with ending of cupid effect but she hits you with a stick in the epilogue ;-)
Grace
Jul 27, 2012 Grace rated it it was amazing
Love love LOVE this book - Perfect holiday read
Micha Alvarez
Micha Alvarez rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Izz
Izz rated it it was ok
May 21, 2015
AlexTaylor
AlexTaylor rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
  • A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1)
  • The Hot Pink Farmhouse (Berger and Mitry, #2)
  • Beautiful, Dirty, Rich: A Novel
  • Montana Man
  • Confessions of a Reluctant Recessionista
  • The Secret Shopper Affair (Secret Shopper, #3)
  • Portrait of Us
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • Letters to a Love Rat
  • Player's Challenge (Hands Off, #2)
  • Cree
  • Twice the Temptation
  • Finding Me
  • Lazy Ways to Make a Living
  • Winning Back His Wife
  • The Book of Joshua I - Trust (Gems & Gents, #2)
  • Worst Fears
  • Sea Bride (Children of the Waves, #1)
Hello, my name's Dorothy Koomson and I'll try to make this bit that's all about me as interesting as possible.
I wrote my first novel called There's A Thin Line Between Love And Hate when I was 13. I used to write a chapter every night then pass it around to my fellow convent school pupils every morning, and they seemed to love it.

I grew up in London and then grew up again in Leeds when I went to u
More about Dorothy Koomson...