Start by marking “Dirty Red” as Want to Read:
Dirty Red

Dirty Red (Dirty Red #1)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  3,514 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
A scorching new novel from the celebrated urban fiction author of Let That Be the Reason and Imagine This. Stringer tells the provocative tale of love, lies, loss and the indomitable spirit of a woman called Red.
Hardcover, Large Print, 381 pages
Published March 19th 2007 by Thorndike Press (first published July 11th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Red

Slim
Jan 10, 2017 Slim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Dirty Red by Vickie M. Stringer by Vickie M. Stringer

{https://ladiikeiii.wordpress.com/2017...}

Spoilers Alert!!! ALERT!

(I'm dying she said "n**** played me for a book, a damn book must be good" and ew she nasty "Red" poop and feed that man her turd. Lord she wrong for that one. And Idk why Q want Red she def dirty as ever. I cannot wait until she gets caught in her schemes. I feel bad for Q. she doesn't deserve him. Plus, I'm waiting on Bacon to get out.)

To be honest!

Red, is the type of female that you can't trust, I get and feel why Bacon
Landon
Jan 12, 2017 Landon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Normally, I don't read. Wait sometimes I do lol. But listen, this book was actually good. I thought maybe it will be boring because of how it started off I couldn't understand where the author was going with the book y'know. But in the end, I liked the book. Women like Red, I cannot deal with her she's dirty, the title of this book is definitely a fit for the type of women she is. Man, she's worse than my ex-girlfriend, like Jesus, I know this book is a fiction genre but there are women out in t ...more
Skai
Jan 11, 2017 Skai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dirty Red by Vickie M. Stringer

I wrote A LOT! of SPoliers lol (#BEWARE OF THE REVIEW)

This book was actually good, even though the beginning was a bit boring, or maybe because I wasn't paying attention when I was listening to it on audible. But anyway, why do I keep saying Q is babe? lmao, he's a real dude to me and Red I couldn't blame her for falling in love with him. But she did him wrong with all her lies and schemes that she put him through he didn't deserve that. But in my head "I'm like didn't Q said he didn't want to
Brooklyn Darkchild
May 17, 2008 Brooklyn Darkchild rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want a quick juicy read and aren't too picky about mechanics.
Recommended to Brooklyn by: I stole it from my daughter.
I had high expectations for this book. I really wanted to like it, especially since the author is from Ohio, and is called "The Queen of Urban Fiction."
BUT...
I wasn't that crazy about it.
It started off with a bang, and I was on fire, but somewhere along the line I honestly stopped caring about Red and what happened to her. It wasn't the story line, there were plenty of juicy tidbits, I just wished Ms Stringer had spent more time letting the story tell itself instead of explaining away all of t
Garren
May 29, 2013 Garren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had heard enough negative remarks about urban fiction and Triple Crown Publications. Just had to pick something up to see what the craze is all about and to have something to say the next time I heard, "Oh, we wouldn't carry those kind of books here!" Dirty Red is written by the owner of Triple Crown and a fair amount of this novel concerns the writing and publishing of urban fiction. It gets very meta; almost like self-advertising, but it's done in such an outrageous way that no one is going ...more
Ama Major
Jan 05, 2012 Ama Major rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fiction
I really enjoyed the book. Although there were some in consistencies. Like how they claim Red is 18 but goes way back to 1995 to show when she met Blue at 15. But I love the secondary story-lines too about her friends and their lives. Especially the whole Terry- Mekel- Kera thing. Loved it. Overall it was a nice read. But if you think too much like me the inconsistencies may annoy you a little bit.
Rosie
Oct 11, 2009 Rosie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
filthy! I knew the subject matter would be "gritty" but this just seemed like the author was just trying to be as filthy as possible with no real story line.
I quit reading it after a few pages when it was clear it was nasty and just going to be more of the same.

Hated it and would not recommend it at all.
Stephanie Noonchester
wanted to like this book but couldn't. Not happy with how it added to all the stereotypes of us urban folk. Thought I was going to enjoy the queen of urban fiction but she kinda pissed me off a disappointed me. I grew up in the projects. I know hood slang fluently, but it still hurt my head to read it so heavy in the dialog.
Kevin
Apr 22, 2010 Kevin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have my guilty pleasures and reading "street lit" is one of them. So I am not looking for great writing, but I couldn't get in to this. Triflin characters from the start( so I could feel for anybody. Then the story line goes from okay to bad with the ending the worst.
Howard
Jan 12, 2017 Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, was actually good I figure that It would be worth the Red that girl red smh.
Helen Hartwell
Jan 17, 2017 Helen Hartwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book...crazy story!
Zorianny Beriguete
Dirty Red is funny fiction book writen by Vickie M Stringer . This book talks about ravens (red) silly but yet impacting life. Raven was raped as a little girl by her step father. that left a scare in her heart her mom didnt defeand her when she told her about what happen. Raven meets Bacon. A drug dealer but he shows her a good time.but Raven doesn't belive in love.
Bacon was arrested for supposibly killing someone. Then raven found Q. he is a street thug looking for love. They get into a relat
Di'amond
A girl named Red life unravels right before her eyes, when the sequence of events start turning the wrong way. Being a Player takes a lot of work and skills, Using her motive to never fall in love and to get as much money as she can get, back fired on her when she accidently falls in love. lying to say she was pregnant to get money or steal it was the life red played, she felt she was in a game and she was the player, and she will aliminate anyone thats in her way. everything red had was set up ...more
Black Carrie
Jun 09, 2014 Black Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was truly a fast paced action packed novel. Raven "Red" Gomez was the kind of character that you love to hate. The reader will find themselves rooting for Red in her scheming. She has nothing but snakes around her,they all want something from her. Although Red is greasy herself she does have a heart. I was reading this book so fast my heart started to to palpitate the only thing that made me mad was that it was over toooooo soon. Well peeps Vickie has done the damn thing again. RED IS BLACK ...more
Jahmilla2010
Apr 08, 2008 Jahmilla2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aneyah
Nov 05, 2012 Aneyah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: conflict
The main character is Raven, but she is called Red by all her friends. She is a user. She uses men for money. She cons them in to paying her bills, buying her clothes, and buying her expensive jewelry. She wasn’t always like this. She became this way when her first love broke her heart, and left her with nothing. She finally got over him but was stuck in her ways of using men. One of the men she used went to jail, and Red didn’t help him because he couldn’t help her from jail. When he got out he ...more
Nunniee
Mar 08, 2014 Nunniee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yasssssssss ! I liked this book. It was different from what I am used to. Red is one sneaky bitch for real but once I learned her story I felt more so sympathy than hatred and disgust for her. She had it rough but she's still hella fake. Some of the stuff she pulled off had me like wtf . Thank goodness Q came to his scenes even though she almost died . I hope he holds it down for her . Terry is insecure and dumb af kidnapping a baby . Congrats to Melekah & Kera. at least they had a happy end ...more
Lady Shabash
Jul 04, 2015 Lady Shabash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dirty Red! I couldn't get enough of this book. I actually borrowed this book from a classmate in high school; I had finished it up in about two days and gave it back to her. So recently I've been looking for the book to read again to kinda refresh my memory of all the details. I couldn't remember the name of the book but boom I fount the book on this app. Ha ha but very good book tho. I'm going to purchase the book so I can reread the book and add t to my collections.
Necia
Jun 26, 2008 Necia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Vickie Stringer is the authoress of 1 of my favorite book duo's, Let that be the reason, and Imagine This! This book had me constantly glancing to the cover to see who wrote this. It wasn't as good as the author's other books, and it was a bit over the top. Alot of characters, and at I'm not even sure what the story line was. The ending was open ended which means there will probably be a sequel. I'm not even anxious to find out if there is.
Mikylah Hutchinson
Feb 22, 2010 Mikylah Hutchinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Vickie M. Stringer is another one of my Favorite authors, her style of writing is similiar to Meesha Mink's. The Character Red is so realistic that when your reading Dirty Red it feels as if your in the book with her. When I got done reading it immediately started looking for a sequel and i found it ( Still Dirty ) a Absoulute MUST READ.
Keelah19
Apr 08, 2008 Keelah19 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a very good book. I read this book in about 2 days. I just couldn't put the book down. Every page had it's own story in it.

The book ended in a good way. I think there is going to be a second book. And I will be reading the one to.

I would recommend this book to someone that likes to read books dealing with drama. I think ths book

Khyrra
Jul 30, 2008 Khyrra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants drama, action, love, sensuality, everything...lol this book is it.
This book solidified it, I was an instant fan of Vickie Stringer. I borrowed this book from a friend and had it back to her in two days. Awesome read. Oh, and the ending will DEFINITELY leave you wanting more. :0) And I just found the sequel and added it to my to read list. :0) I can't wait to pick up and find out if Bacon catches up to Red & Q....yea it's like that. A page turner.
Angelia
Jun 16, 2009 Angelia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
This was my first read by this author and it was just an OKAY read to me....there were parts of the book when I was asking myself what was the point....Will more than likely read the others just to know what happen with Red and the rest of the crew...Guess I am one of those people who has to complete the series once they start it...
Natina El
Its been a long time since I read a book and had no idea how it was going to end even down to the last page. I guess that's the downside of always reading good vs evil. It was a lil vulgar for my taste, but not as bad as some others in this genre I've read, well written,great plot that was wrapped up well. .. I liked it.
Melody Jones
Mar 02, 2011 Melody Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book! at first it may seem wired not instering but kkep reading and you wouLdnt know what happned. i recommend everyone to read this book because its very eye catching and confusing. Icant wait to ready even dirtier . and dirtier than ever
Marguerita
Heard about this author and book from a friend. After seeing some of the reviews on Goodreads, I decided to read it. I felt as if I knew what was going to happen next. For me this book was just okay.
Kandii
Apr 08, 2008 Kandii rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting book and it was overall a good book. the book taught me the saying "what's done in the dark will come to the light" is true. The main character in this book Red does a lot of dirty deeds and at the end she has to pay the consequences
Vee
Feb 18, 2010 Vee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: street-lit, crime, fiction
I just finished the first page and there is a threat of violence, mention of a popular brand name clothing item and of course some vulgar words. There's really not much to say about this novel, I enjoyed it for what it was.
30TinyToes
Oct 12, 2012 30TinyToes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book awhile back but I can remember how SCANDALOUS Red was! She got what she wanted when she wanted for a while but her luck ran out. There were some jaw dropping moments in this book. Hence, it's a must read if you enjoy urban fiction.
Mschell
Apr 24, 2013 Mschell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this whole series. The character Red is one slimy character, you can't keep doing everybody you come across dirty, even the man you love. All I can say eventually one day all the wrong doing she does to people is gonna catch up to her one day.
  • Desperate Hoodwives
  • Black & Ugly
  • Riding Dirty on I-95
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
  • I'm Still Wifey (Wifey Series, #2)
  • Married to the Game
  • The Trophy Wife
  • Diary of a Mistress
  • Crackhead
  • Grindin'
  • Hood Rat (Hood Rat #1)
  • Dutch (Dutch Trilogy, #1)
  • Hold U Down
  • Bad Girlz
  • Bitch (Bitch, #1)
  • The Millionaire Mistress

Dirty Red (3 books)
  • Still Dirty (Dirty Red #2)
  • Dirtier Than Ever