Start by marking “Unbridled (Lone Star Lovers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbridled (Lone Star Lovers, #1)

Unbridled (Lone Star Lovers #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  1,306 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
"Tough or tender? If she plays her cards right, she won t have to choose. "

"Lonestar Lovers, Book 1"

Dani Standifer arrives home at her West Texas family ranch a day early, ready to pick up where she left off with Rowe Ayers, her high school sweetheart. However, when she opens the door to their line-shack trysting place, it s clear she waited a day too long. Rowe s with som
ebook
Published November 24th 2009 by Samhain (first published November 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Unbridled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbridled

Ridley
Dec 03, 2009 Ridley rated it did not like it
Feeling lazy, so I'm just gonna copy part of the blurb:

"Dani Standifer arrives home at her West Texas family ranch a day early, ready to pick up where she left off with Rowe Ayers, her high school sweetheart. However, when she opens the door to their line-shack trysting place, it’s clear she waited a day too long. Rowe’s with someone else—another man.

And not just any other man—Justin Cruz, the bad boy with whom she shared one wild encounter, years ago."

This novella is a lethal combination of dre
Chappy
This was just an OK read for me. It seemed a bit rushed and lacked backstory and details. Sex was pretty hot but even this could have used more steam.
HeatherTX
Dani's one lucky girl to have herself not one sexy as hell cowboy but two of them!!!

Rowe and Justin make on helluva cowboy sandwich!
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

So I originally read Unbridled years ago and when I saw that it was up for review I decided to revisit not just this one but the entire series as well. I love a ménage story and this was one of the first ones I read. Justin, Dani and Rowe will have your heart rate increasing and your body temperature rising at times as well.

The way Dani discovers Justin and Rowe’s relationship was both hot and a bit heartbre
Sharyn
Jul 01, 2014 Sharyn rated it liked it
#1 in the series that I seem to be reading out of order. This town in Texas is going to become the group marriage capital of the world. Quite a fantasy, where people seem to accept these couples, or triples, whatever.And yet I keep reading them, somehow fascinated by the whole concept. They aren't badly written, just hard to believe. I keep saying, it is fiction!!!
Mar 24, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
It really wasn't believable. Justin never progresses past selfish jerk and everyone seems fine with it because deep down he loves them. I didn't really ever care about these characters. I was glad to see she gave Cutter a book because I connected with him more than the main characters.
Cheryl Sanders
Jan 04, 2017 Cheryl Sanders rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
This is book one in the Lone Star Lovers series and it features Dani Standifer, Rowan Ayers and Justin Cruz. I think this whole story was about showing Justin that he doesn't always have to be hard. He's worthy of the love of a good woman and of a good man. Neither are going to judge him or leave him for past indiscretions. It's a story of three people that discovered life is better when the three of them are sharing it together. It's also the first of its kind of relationship in their
helen deason
Jun 16, 2017 helen deason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best ever.

Of I could give more than 5 stars, I would have. Delilah Revlon is one of my favorite authors. She's a good proofreader, her stories move quickly and their interesting. To me that says it all. Everyone who likes sexy stories should try reading this book. You won't regret the choice you made.
Pansy
Happy dreams

A short, sweet, and totally hot bed time story. This is nothing but romance. Hot romance with a little kink, but romance. Lovely bed time reading for happy dreams.
Jan 09, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
Deb
Two and half stars. Having disliked Devlin's "Saddled" I wasn't expecting much, however I found this book more to my taste. I liked that there was real passion between the guys and that we got to see every character one on one with the other two as well as all three together. What I didn't like is that the story was way too compressed to fit the novella length and the author tried too hard for complexity with the character's needs and instead it just came out as muddled. Pacing was poor, with lo ...more
Angela Cramer
Feb 02, 2017 Angela Cramer rated it really liked it
This is the first opportunity I've had to read a Delilah Devlin novel. She's been on my TBR, but for whatever reason, she had remained out of reach. Although I am not sure what I expected, Unbridled blew it out of the water.

Hot sexy cowboys from beginning to end. Bad boy with low self-esteem, a charming smile and a need to be loved, Justin Cruz has bedded every willing woman in a fifty mile radius. Including the beautiful, smart, independent Dani Standifer. But it was a long time ago and boyfri
EskieMama & Dragon Lady Reads
Feb 02, 2017 EskieMama & Dragon Lady Reads rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying Unbridled was my first read by Delilah Devlin, and wow what a great first read it was, hot and steamy. What a way to introduce a reader to a new author she has me hooked to her books.

Dani Standifer arrives home at her West Texas family ranch a day early, ready to pick up where she left off with Rowe Ayers, her high school sweetheart, but would never expect what she found out at the cabin that was Rowe and her rendezvous place for their trysts Rowe & Justin were lovers.
Melissa Morr
Feb 05, 2017 Melissa Morr rated it really liked it

Ellie
I think this book had a lot of untapped potential. It could have gone into the connection shared by Dani and Rowe a lot more. At first I thought they were sort of settling with each other, then they were "communicating without words in their own language" so I was really left wondering what the heck these two were about.

I liked Justin in theory, but again didn't think he was fully devuldged to the reader.

I like, in m/m/f books, when the males have a relationship. I hate it when the woman acts a
Dar
May 11, 2013 Dar rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy, 4-star-reads
The book was a little short but that doesn't mean it was lacking in story! Rowe and Dani have been together since middle school and Dani has returned from getting her graduate degree ti find him meeting someone else.
Problem is, the someone else is the one man she strayed with when she was barely out of high school, town bad-boy Justin. Rowe and Dani need to be dominated and Justin is the man for them. Problem is, Justin doesn't know how love and they make it their mission to teach him.
Dani has
Lina Sacher
Aug 09, 2013 Lina Sacher rated it really liked it
CLICK HERE FOR FAVORITE QUOTES AND MORE RECOMMENDATIONS

Sexy cowboy, sexy bad boy, secret romance, betrayal, man on man loving, and really hot sexy scenes that push some boundaries – that’s Unbridled. Not only does it cover just about every possible variation within a ménage between two men (one dominant, one on the submissive side, yet still alpha) and a submissive woman who will only bow in the bedroom (well, during sexy time), but it also touches upon social issues – poverty, status, unconvent
Bec
Aug 31, 2011 Bec rated it liked it
Shelves: smexy-cowboy
2.5-3 Stars

This book had the potential to be HUGE, but it seems to be lacking something...I don't know if it was that I got the feeling that Justin and Rowe's feelings toward each other seemed to be stronger than how either of them felt about Dani, or if the relationships went from zero to sixty in zero seconds...I got really annoyed at the start of the book when Dani discovered the guys together, her reaction didn't seem real, or at least how I would've reacted in that situation at least, I thi
Tracie Runge
Jul 27, 2013 Tracie Runge rated it really liked it
Unbridled - Lone Star Lovers Book 1

Dani Standifer left her home town always believing her one true love Rowan Ayers would be there when she came back.

Rowan Ayers knows Dani will forever be his sweetheart but he doesn't know if she will still want him when she discovers his truth.

Can Dani and Rowan make it work once Dani discovers the truth about Rowan and Justin Cruz the resident bad boy and will Justin be able to convince her to claim them both.

Unbridled is a great start to the Lone Star Lov
Patricia Ange
A little quick but a good read

I will admit that the story was a good read but I also have to state that the story felt rushed. The main characters could have used a little more development and the secondary characters a lot more development. Happy ever after came to quickly for me given the magnitude of the plot. The story read more like an erotic fantasy than a realistic romance. In spite of these problems I will be reading the rest of the series.
Nancy
Jun 18, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
Struggled with this one to be honest. I just couldn't warm to the characters especially Justin.
It needed more romance and story I think because it was basically one hot sex scene after another. It was hard to get to the emotional connection of each of the characters.
It was a scorching hot read though, one that I was embarrassed to read with my kids in the room.
Looking forward to the next book in the series because I do love Delilah Devlin books.
Sherry Bohrmueller
Dec 29, 2016 Sherry Bohrmueller rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed when the story abruptly ended, didn't realise that each book was just going to be a couple of chapters each..

The story it self was ok, very steamy. Nice lead up to what may come in the next books. It was a short quick read that just left me wanting more. Just didn't get the two guys always denying that they weren't in it for each other.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from Rock Star Lit.
starsaga
Feb 23, 2012 starsaga rated it really liked it
Well written erotica!,
I would recommend this book as a well written erotica about a threesome, involving emotional commitment between two men and a woman. I liked all three of the characters, although they did seem incompletely characterized, but that could just be me, wanting a longer and more satisfying read, when I am really liking a story. Delilah Devlin writes good western stories about romance and they are usually hot, but this one was a scorcher and a keeper to read again.
Katherine O'Grady
Hot and sweet. This is a m/f/m ménage story, but feels fresh, it's a little different. I liked all three main characters, and the fact that there was angst, but not too much. I loved that they had been friends for years, known each other for so long that they could each tell what the other was thinking and needed.

Bought from kobo.
zoegrl
Jun 23, 2014 zoegrl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: menage, erotica, hea, kinky-sex
Fantastic!! I just love a kinky, menage. Add cowboys, old friends, old love & things really heat up with Dani, Rowe & Justin! Can they create & keep together a family?

I just keep on reading Ms. Devlin's books, Series & Standalone's. If you're looking for kinky, sexy, people in love then look no further!! There's plenty of stories here. I'm on to the next one in Lone Star Lover's Series.
Virginia Eyers
Apr 02, 2016 Virginia Eyers rated it really liked it
Wow. Talk about hot. At first I really hated Justin, the second 'hero'. But I forced myself to continue on and indeed ended up falling for him as well as the other hero. He needed someone to love him and he found the perfect partners. There was a lot of unexpected emotion in this story. The heroine's hurt that the author conveyed was undeniable. I definitely needed a tissue or two
Garmieturtel
Nov 21, 2013 Garmieturtel rated it it was ok
So much more could have been delved in to with this book. But as it is written, I give it 2.5 stars. The characters all needed to be fleshed out, in order to make for a more comprehensive story. As it is, it's more like an extended version of a nudie mag story.
Denise H.
Nov 08, 2015 Denise H. rated it it was amazing
Love Delilah Devlin's stories... A short story, a quick romance. M/M action was tasteful, the ménage was left with possibilities, but we must read more of the series to see that all is well. Good characters, deep feelings, and interesting story. ENJOY !!
Linda
Jun 12, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Dani returns home to her sweetheart and discovers that hes found someone he cant let go off, Justin. Justin and Dani have a past, and now he and Rowe wants them all to explore, together.
Threesome, angst and smut.
Brandy
May 07, 2012 Brandy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
This would have easily rated 4 stars for me if it were a bit longer and there was more of a struggle in showing Justin that he's capable of being loved and loving others. As it was, things worked out a bit too easily for all of them, and the ending came more quickly than I wanted.
  • The Boys Back Home
  • Plays Well With Others (Daly Way, #2)
  • Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers, #1)
  • Something To Talk About
  • Three to Tango
  • Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2)
  • Take Me (Wild Oats, #1)
  • Carnal Compromise (Carnal, #2)
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Going Wilde (The Brothers of Wilde, Nevada #1)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Two In Hand (Two #1)
  • Hardcore Cowboys (Ride 'em Hard, #1)
  • High-Stakes Loving (King's Bluff, Wyoming #2)
  • Half Hearts
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Sex Party (Cowboy Sex, #1)
Delilah Devlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with a rapidly expanding reputation for writing deliciously edgy stories with complex characters. Whether creating dark, erotically-charged paranormal worlds or richly descriptive westerns that ring with authenticity, Delilah Devlin “pens in uncharted territory that will leave the readers breathless and hungering for more…” www.De ...more
More about Delilah Devlin...

Lone Star Lovers (9 books)
  • Unforgiven (Lone Star Lovers, #2)
  • Four Sworn (Lone Star Lovers, #3)
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • A Four-Gone Conclusion (Lone Star Lovers #5)
  • Two Wild for Teacher (Lone Star Lovers, #6)
  • Reined In (Lone Star Lovers, #7)
  • Family Values (Lone Star Lovers, #8)
  • Rules of Engagement (Lone Star Lovers, #9)