Start by marking “New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup” as Want to Read:

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  20 reviews
More than 100 of the best soup recipes Boston has to offer accompanied by fun stories and beautiful full-color photography.

Marjorie Druker is passionate about soups. She fell in love with soups when she first heard the story Stone Soup. After attending Johnston & Whales, Marjorie created the menu for the popular Boston Market restaurant chain, and soups were always her
Published September 11th 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about New England Soup Factory Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New England Soup Factory Cookbook

Holjo
Hands down, this is my absolute favorite cookbook. That is saying a lot considering I study cooking and own cookbooks written by legends like Charlie Trotter, Thomas Kellar and Joel Robuchon.

What makes this cookbook stand out amongst all the others is the fact that I have made every recipe in the book and liked them all. Soups are a fabulous item to keep on hand in the freezer at all times. I like to make 2 soups per month and then freeze the leftovers. (I have a quart or two of the Artichoke B
Riona
I've had this cookbook for a while but haven't cooked from it that much. Part of that is the way it's organized: some chapters are by main ingredients ("A Chicken in Every Pot", "Say Cheese, Please"), some by type of soup ("Championship Chowders", "Childhood Favorites"), and then there are also chapters by season ("Autumn Flavors", "Winter's Brew", "Spring In a Bowl", "Summer Soothers"). This means you have to look in multiple places to find a simple recipe -- is gazpacho in with "Tomato Teasers ...more
Ruth
The only bad thing about this book is--I may have to purchase it (I read almost all my books from the local library first). The soups in this book just make my mouth water even to read the ingredients and see the photos. Well, can't that be said of any great cookbook? Wonderful photos. Great detail about all the tips this restauranteur uses in her own Boston-based soup restaurants. She swears by making your own stock--to use store-bought just doesn't yield the same results. Her instructions on v ...more
Angela
This is a solidly good collection of soup recipes. We cooked from it for cook book club and every recipe turned out great with very few changes to be made in the future. Try the eggplant parm, indonesian carrot, lima and barley, porcini and pumpkin yellow split pea. Delicious!
Eling
This book is PACKED with soup recipes. And a few sides/salads/sandwiches to complement the soup. But really, it's all about the soup. Going to try a few recipes & then update as needed but my required photo minimum for cookbooks is met, and the recipes seem to be pretty varied & interesting.
Kerry
This cookbook offers a surprising array of flavors and textures in the form of soup--from light first-course soups to hearty soups to be eaten as meals. Lots of more-sophisticated takes on typical go-to soups. The recipes make large batches, if that's what you need.
Kathryn
The soups recipes are yummy and she also suggests different things to serve with the soups. The recipes for the sandwiches, spreads, etc. are also part of the cook book.
Mo
I know that I am not going to have time to make any of these soups before the book is due back to the library. It would be worthwhile checking it out again, as several of the soups looked very good.
641.813 DRU

I am basing my 4 star rating on the varied selection of soups, the beautiful pictures and all the helpful tips.
Elisabeth
Oh, Yum! Fall is upon us and every Sunday is soup making day! I love this season and this is a fabulous book of recipes that will keep you warm all fall and winter. Enjoy!

Update: I've made 9 different soups from this book; every one fantastic. I don't believe there is a bad recipe in this book. And most recipes serve 10-12 so it lasts the week. Soo delicious!!
Lori
I can't wait to try some of these soup recipes. Need to go grocery shopping.

Well, I made the artichoke bisque tonight, and I thought it was very yummy.

I had to return this to the library sooner than I wanted, but I'm definitely going to check it out again when I have more time, so that I can try more of the recipes.
Janie
I make a lot of soup. And now I will make more!

:) Homemade stock shows up in pretty much every recipe!
:( Cream shows up in most, and tomato and wine show up in many, recipes.
:| I didn't know what a bisque technically is, and I do now, but not because the book told me clearly.
Melanie
Not sure if "currently reading" is correct category. Currently browsing through and making myself hungry. Corn and roasted red pepper chowder is one recipe that Jason would make with me. On my own I'll probably try cauliflower, potato, and cheese soup and others.
Denise
I already tried one recipe from this book and it was delicious. There are great soup, salad and sandwich recipe in this book. I want to recheck it out in the summer to try some of the cold soups that would use the produce from our garden.
Jennie
Truthfully, I haven't made a recipe from this book. But they all sound good and pretty simple. I'm just gearing up for this fall and winter in Seattle, when warm soup and warm bread will probably be on the menu a few times a week.
Judy
The recipes are interesting; the text limited. I have made two of the soups - one was bland and the other was very good. I will have to keep trying!
Jack
I've been cooking and this is an interesting sidetrack, a bit folksy on the narrative but then it gives personality to the soups.
Darrin Rich
Looks like some great soups in this one. So far I mad the bacon cheddar corn chowder. Wow! One of my families favorites already.
Cathy
Best soup book eeva! if you love soup and you don't have alotta money or cooking skill, BUY THIS BOOK.
Kathy
Been making recipes from this book all year.
Fabulous.
Have not found one yet that we have not loved.

Linnea
Oct 27, 2008 Linnea rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chefs
Recommended to Linnea by: self
Great book of soups, basic as well as eclectic. Enjoying news ones every week.
Lashawn
Lashawn marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Jackie Arnold
Jackie Arnold marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Jason Valletta
Jason Valletta marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
K.
K. marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Asian Tofu: Discover the Best, Make Your Own, and Cook It at Home
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • A Beautiful Bowl of Soup: The Best Vegetarian Recipes
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Flying Apron's Gluten Free & Vegan Baking Book
  • The Indian Vegan Kitchen: More Than 150 Quick and Healthy Homestyle Recipes
  • Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions
  • Bean By Bean: A Cookbook: More than 175 Recipes for Fresh Beans, Dried Beans, Cool Beans, Hot Beans, Savory Beans, Even Sweet Beans!
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • Bobby Flay's Grill It!
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Ancient Grains for Modern Meals: Mediterranean Whole Grain Recipes for Barley, Farro, Kamut, Polenta, Wheat Berries & More
  • Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
  • At Home with Madhur Jaffrey: Simple, Delectable Dishes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka
  • Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Burger Recipes
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons
  • Susan Feniger's Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes