Start by marking “From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years” as Want to Read:

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Do you think church isn't the place for you or that it's too late for you to give your life to Christ? In her book From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years new author Lori A. Moore shows us that nothing in the past will keep God from loving us. Trusting God can be scary, especially when confronted with complex and formal language. Through this simple and easy going guide to ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years

Debbie Lester
This little book, just over 90 pages, from Lori A. Moore, pacts a big punch! It isn't easy for people who have had no experience whatsoever with church to understand what's going on or what it's all about. Moore, gives her readers a simple and easy guide to figuring it all out. How to turn fear and doubts into a personal relationship with Christ. It doesn't take perfection, just acceptance!

From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years has many layers. It shadows Moore's journey from her childhood, the
Steve Groll
In “From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years” author Lori A. Moore shares with us a candid view of her life’s journey that, like so many others today, started with no religious understanding and no sense of God. This lack of divine knowledge along with her life circumstances left her adrift in the world, feeling alone and abandoned. Left to her own devices to survive, she ended up making some seriously poor life choices. At one point in her life she worked in a strip bar as a stripper.

It is ofte
jana Blazek
This is a compelling, honest account of Moore's faith journey. Elements of reflection walk the reader through the author's perception of faith before coming to believe. Are you skeptical of the church? This little volume will give you an "insider's" view from an "outsider." Or, perhaps you want to consider how your coworkers view your faith? Moore recounts these relationships before faith and after -- and how she was able to respond with grace. As she shares her personal story with us, we are in ...more
Peg
From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years by Lori A. Moore. This book was provided to me free-of-charge through GoodReads, FirstReads.

I've always felt that children should be taken to church because a religious upbringing will give them hope. Ms. Moore's book brings this out because she had no religion in her life until she decided to become a Christian well into adulthood. Her book takes us on her spiritual journey to become a Christian. Her early struggles in life before realizing a person doesn
IrenesBookReviews
What an uplifting story to read! Author Lori A. Moore tells of her journey to the Lord in this easy to read book.

As you read this book it will remind you that the Lord is in the small details of our lives. She talks about a charm bracelet and how picking out the charms helped her keep her life on track.

I liked how she placed poems and scripture throughout the book to reiterate the principle she was trying to get across. It is a very personal journey that is shared in a loving and non-judgmental
Shalonda Williams
I enjoyed this book. Going on a journey with any person is a great privilege, but this journey with Lori was awesome seeeing as this is a spiritual journey.
Going into a place in life where we find the peace we need is always wonderful. Finding that place after 35 years is to be celebrated.
There are many who feel the missing part of them when they don't grow up with something. Lori knew that her life needed more and when it came she knew exactly what it was.
I could honestly relate to the charm
Brent Soderstrum
I recieved this book free as part of Goodreads first read program.

I always enjoy hearing the stories about how others came to Christ. Everyone has a unique walk and Lori Moore's story is inspiring. In fact I think getting this book yesterday and reading it this weekend was exactly what God wanted me to hear. I have been dealing with work issues and things that just aren't that important in the scheme of things. Moore reminded me of just what is important and what isn't in an enjoyable way.

It was
Amy Binkerd
At the end of this book she asks "what charms would represent you" (you'll have to read the book for that to make sense!) Before I got to that questions I was already thinking to myself, "what would I choose?" For me it was easy. I'd have:

Cell Bars - The guys in my prison class are my life. I feel most alive when I am teaching and interacting with them.

MCF - the initials of the prison I teach in

Rescued - (the word) because HE rescued me from 7 years of deep depression. I am His rescued one

A cat
Jim Hughes
"From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years" speaks of a charmed life. Author Lori Moore shares with us her life lived without Christ, without hope. Like all of us, it was not a life to be proud of, but it was what it was.....until she met Jesus. Lori came to realize just how loving and gracious God is.....even when we are lost and don't even know it. A charmed life. What would be on your charm bracelet if you had to pick four charms to describe it? A must read for all who need a fresh reminder of ...more
Shannon
As a christian I love to read about how others have come to their journey! I think it is so much fun to see other prespecitives and to get me thinking about my journey and maybe challenge some of my beliefs! This book was very short (under 100 pages) but really packed a punch! The author pulled no punches on how her life played out. I really got so much out of the points to ponder and even was discussing some with a co-worker! Definetly a book I'm keeping in my library!
Susan
Lori A Moore writes as if she is sitting next to me. This book teaches that there is no one who can be too bad or not good enough to become a child of God and that Jesus is Our Lord and Savior. Without Him we have no hope. Even if never brought up in a church or a Christian household, it is never too late to accept Christ Jesus. Awesome read.
Janice
This is an awesome little book. It's a fast read, I finished it in about 3 nights. It chronicles Lori's life, from her rough upbringing to her turbulent past to finally achieving grace and understanding through her beliefs in God. Highly recommended reading.
Rivka H
Rivka H marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Jul 24, 2014
Jason Shinkunas
Jason Shinkunas marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Arunraj Dp
Arunraj Dp marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Katrina Epperson
Katrina Epperson marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2013
Sonya Riley
Sonya Riley marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Shelli
Shelli marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Shawna Hansen
Shawna Hansen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2012
Solitaire Parke
Solitaire Parke marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2012
Elaine Littau
Elaine Littau marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2012
Kelly
Kelly added it
Mar 28, 2012
Holly Michael
Holly Michael marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
3206696
Lori is the author of two Christian books and two children's book:

Missing Andy: The Journey from Grief to Joy

Grady the Gray Cat

Hannah the Hedgehog Goes to Heaven.

Lori A. Moore teaches college both online as well as in her hometown of Louisville, KY where she lives with her husband Michael and their three cats. Lori has a passion for adults who haven’t yet e
More about Lori A. Moore...
Missing Andy: The Journey from Grief to Joy Grady the Gray Cat Hannah the Hedgehog Goes to Heaven