Start by marking “Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)

Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires #8)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  32,191 ratings  ·  905 reviews
Claire Danvers has a few things on her mind. First of all there is the laundry, which is now an unfortunate shade of pink. Then there is her boyfriend, Shane, who is never too far from her thoughts. Finally there is her best friend Eve’s relationship problems. As if life as a student wasn’t complicated enough, Claire just happens to be studying in Morganville. A town run b ...more
Published May 3rd 2010 by Allison & Busby (first published January 1st 2010)

Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsThe Chosen Chronicles by Christine JamesCoast to Coast Paranormal Investigation by Carolyn  BennettDeath's Servant by C.J. EllissonRelics by Maer Wilson
Paranormal Books to read in 2013
158th out of 422 books — 738 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenBefore I Fall by Lauren OliverThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. SmithAcross the Universe by Beth RevisVampire Academy by Richelle Mead
What Top YA Books Should I Read?
91st out of 187 books — 160 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Needs more cowbell vampire bunny slippers.

I wanted more of my favorite mad scientist Myrnin and his awesome slippers. Alas, my heart was fractured just a tiny little bit.

This installment of Morganville has us headed out of town for a crazy and dangerous road trip. The book was full of peril and bizarre happenings as usual, but I have to admit that I prefer our little disfunctional family when they're actually raising hell in their own town.

I was happy that it was easy enough for me to come b
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Road trip, baby! This one takes us out of Morganville and into the "real" world, but perhaps the real world is scarier than Morganville. The road trip is innocent enough, until the group are given a chaperone who insists on stopping in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Cue bad luck and horror movie action.

I love the you-can-never-leave-Morganville thing so stepping out of it was new. For about 5 minutes. Then, I began to miss Myrnin's quirkiness, Amelie's smooth self-control, and damn, even
The Flooze

Rachel Caine handles suspense quite well. Kiss of Death is no exception, as the residents of Glass House head off on a road trip that includes some unexpected and terrifying detours.

There are a few things beginning to bother me about Morganville, however. One is the need for a new story arc. Now that vamp-Alzheimer’s has been cured and the Bishop threat obliterated, Caine has yet to establish another major storyline. As a result, there seems to be a lot of focus on relationship drama, an
Wow! What a GREAT sequel!! I did not want this book to end. It was full of action, crazy vamps, snarky dialog, and constant twists and turns. For a portion of the book, I felt like I took a turn into Night of the Living Dead, and I loved every moment of it. INSANE.ABSOLUTELY.INSANE!!

In this book, Michael gets a recording deal in Dallas and is granted a leave from Morganville. As part of the agreement he’s made with Amelie, he is able to have Eve, Shane and Claire join him on his road trip. Just
Well, once again Rachel Caine did not disappoint! I love how she can throw you for loops and make unexpected turns and then conclude in such a strong way! Every book seems to end with you longing for more! (SHANE!!)

Kiss of Death was another fantastic tribute to The Morganville Vampire series. If anything stands out that makes me just love this series even more is the bantering between the characters. I mean, the stuff they say and the come-backs are pure awesomeness! I think it really makes the
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Not Liking It
Rating: PG-13
Overall: Better than a few previous books
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Getting out of town and into trouble
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Sure
Recommend: Yeah
Book Boyfriend: Oliver

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
What can I say? This book was better than some others. Some of their actions were stupid but then again these are new adults with the exception of Claire. They got themselves into a bunch of trouble with the local folks and then had t
It was OK.

I'm not saying that as a bad thing, this book was absolutely better than Fade Out (wich in case i hadn't say it enough was awful).

On the bright side we get a lot of Shane and Claire, that just made me realize how much i've missed them and their relationship, the witty dialogues are back and i even had a couple of fuzzy moments remembering how much i love the four main characters of this series.
Regardless of that, i still think the plot was weak. Sure, after the first 100 pages things
Maria Snyder
I enjoyed this book even though it was a bit thin on plot and Clare should know by now that she isn't going to die. I just love these characters so much, they could be hanging around the Glass house reading the paper and I would be happy - they get into so much trouble - it's nice to see them have a little fun for a change.
How the heck did I get sucked into the Morganville Vampires?? This is teenage, brainless vampire smut at it's finest. Seriously! I'll tell you how it happened to me.

It was such a mindless easy read...I flew through the the first book in a day. I must give credit to the author, Ms. Caine. She lead me into a clever trap at the endings of the first few books. I couldn't walk away without knowing what happened to these stupid, annoying teenagers in the Glass House. I went straight to my ipad Amazon
Wow, did I ever miss these guys!!!!

Reading a Morganville book is like welcoming home friends you haven't seen in six months, the visits are always to fast and you wish they'd stay forever.
So what's going on with our favorite foursome?
ROAD TRIP...Morganville style;)
...Dallas wants Michael to go and record some of his music and despite the fact that they need to get passes to Morley and his flock, Michael, Eve, Claire and Shane are finally, FINALLY going to be able to leave hells-town and set off
The Morganville Vampires has slowly become one of my favorite series. This past year I read them non-stop, so I read Kiss of Death sparingly until deciding to finish it yesterday.

First of all, it was great to see Michael, Eve, Shane, and Claire out of Morganville. After books 6 and 7, it was time to have some happy thoughts. Knowing Rachel Caine, however, I knew it would not last long (and I love her for that). One thing I have to say about the Morganville Vamps series is that it never, ever st
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read this one because I have been hardcore addicted to this series, and it is so nice that they are all released and I don't have to play the waiting game.

I love the pink laundry, the softer side of Eve even though its hard to see her insecure and not fully understanding where things stand, not only with Michael but with her newly reformed brother. I did enjoy seeing Michael in his element with the rock star deal, but he seemed more distant in this one and I was afraid that I would
2.5 stars My least favorite in the series. :/

Read my full review at Book Obsession
Duca Blueheart
Romanian review:

Seria Vampirii din Morganville continuă cu al optulea volum ai cărui protagoniști deja ne-au furat inimile, făcându-ne să ne dorim mereu mai multă acțiune.

Prinși într-un război al supraviețuirii și puterii, cei patru prieteni reușesc să supraviețuiască unei bătălii pe care Bishop a început-o cu mult timp în urmă și de ce nu să iasă și învingători.

Mi-a plăcut foarte mult această carte pe care am găsit-o relaxantă și ușor de citit, însă am fost dezamăgită de final. Mă așteptam să f
Peace Love and Reviews
This is too awesome. Our awesome foursome is back again with more adventure and more dangerous situations outside Morganville. Yes, can you believe it? I never thought the day would come. We were left wondering how the hell can Claire fulfill his promise to the new villain vampire Morley. It always seems to be a moot point when situations like these arise. Yet Claire and Amelie always surprise us.

In this book Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve is granted a pass to leave Morganville for a week, chape
DarkHeart "Vehngeance"
Hmm... I think I tend to start my reviews of this series with "another great entry in the series...", or something along those lines - and at the risk of sounding repetitive, this is just that. I've noticed that this one has gotten mixed reviews so far, mainly it seems because outside of Morganville, many of the cast and crew have been left behind. But you know what, I think it's just what the series needed. The gang was back together, and danger and hilarity ensued. Suddenly vampires weren't th ...more

Well, this is not the best book of the series, BUT I read it in one day, I couldn't put it down...
Little Claire! not so little anymore... she's growing into a very respectable, brave, strong and desirable young woman and Shane totally knows it. Shane on the other hand, is a lot more restrained this time, not losing control over himself as usual, good thing.
What really made me sad is Michael :( poor guy, he loves Eve so much, but the fact that he is a vampire and she's not is kind o
When Claire gets passes for the four of them to leave town for Michael's audition at a major studio, She is super excited to be able to leave Morganville, even if it is only for a few days. Considering their track record, they should have known things just couldn't go smoothly. To start off the crazy train trip their least favorite vampire is coming along as a chaperone. When he makes then stop in a one horse town with a order to stay put until he can get back, the gang gets extremely annoyed, a ...more
Oh how I have missed Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. Perhaps even Oliver and Myrnin, although he wasn’t in the book as much as I would have liked!

If you haven’t read the Morganville Vampire series, you are missing out! They are fun, quick and entertaining reads. Claire is an imperfect, flawed but lovable main character. She never ceases to amaze me. I absolutely devoured this book. Picked it up and didn’t put it down. I don’t want to get into the plot of the book a whole lot since this is book 8
okkk seriousley i cant wait for this to come out i have read all 7 other morganville books and cant wait until may i love this series and thats pretty shocking since my fav series are the mortal instruments and vampire academy but this is above vampire academy love itttt and love shane hes sexy man my fav characters are shane and myrininnn love him as well

this series s way better then twilight to be honest i think twilight is pretty small copared to all the other series such as what i just ment
Wow! This is the 8th installment and I'm still having a fantastic time reading this series.

In this book Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve get a pass to go on a road trip but there is a catch, they have to take a certain undead escort. And of course where ever they go trouble is sure to follow.

What I love most about this series it has a perfect blend of action, adventure, romance and humor.

Claire is such an awesome character and in this book she didn't disappoint. She really kicked some ass! Shane
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
This and my other reviews can be found at

Claire and the gang have just been offered the opportunity to leave Morganville, with Oliver escorting, when Michael is asked to go to Dallas to make a CD. However things don’t run smoothly as Oliver is on a mission from Amelie which is a danger to all of them. Claire has grown up so much in these eight books as she so much more confident and assertive than the girl in Glass Houses. While I love this book I miss Mor
To start with, this series was like a roller coaster - one was up, one was down.
Now, the rides finished. It's just staying at the same, boring level.

It was a bit better than the last one, but not by much, and that's only because this one didn't have Ada in it all the time.

The main characters were okay again, but now i've lost hope that they're going to be as lovable as i thought they were last time.

The pacing was just too slow for me, and i couldn't get interested in it.

Overall boring and slow
I made it through this story, but it wasn’t exactly thrilling.
The storyline in this was a little unbelievable again, why, oh why would they be going on a road trip? Why would Amelie allow it? This felt like another filler book.
(view spoiler)
Unfortunately I did find this book pretty boring, and I hope the rest of the series isn’t as bad.
6 out of 10
You had to know my next review was going to be for another Morganville Vampires book, and you probably shouldn't be surprised that the next will be another. As a series, this has to be one of my favorites of all time, with vampires tat are morally ambiguous yet still committed to their methods of staying hidden from most humans. But Kiss of Death may be my least favorite book of the series for what I consider to be a couple of missteps. I'll get to that soon.

This book opens with Claire and her f
Sharon Mariampillai
I had to postpone this book for so long, that when I finally read it, I was happy with it!
In Kiss of Death, Caine has created a page turner that has the most suspense, drama and action. Caine knew how to make every moment of this book suspense. It goes to show that this is one of the best vampire series. I love it!
OMG! I want to read this so bad! I've read all of them and love em! All the characters have a sence of real life to them and seem like they will appeare beside you.
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Bad Blood (Blood Coven Vampire, #4)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)

“Another thing I don't want on my tombstone," Shane said.

You have others?" Claire asked.

He held up one finger. "I thought it wasn't loaded," Shane said. Second finger. "Hand me a match so I can check the gas tank." Third finger. "Killed over ice cream. Basically, any death that requires me to be stupid first.”
“Shane looked down at the staked vamp at his feet. 'Claire?'
'You staked a vampire with a number two pencil.'
'I didn’t actually check the number.'
'Have I told you lately how freaking awesome you are?'
She tried to smile, but her heart was fluttering in her chest now, and not in a good way. 'Compliments later. We really need to get out of here and get to the car. Any ideas?'
'Find another pencil and I’ll pin this one down, too,' Michael said.
'You know how weird that sounds, right?' Shane said. 'Right, never mind. Number two pencil, coming up. Why do I feel like we’re taking a test?”