Start by marking “Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy” as Want to Read:
Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  16 reviews
When Zarios D'Amilo meets Emma Hayes again, she is no longer the awkward teenager who tried to kiss him, but a beautiful, confident woman. Now he wants her!To claim his inheritance, this untamed tycoon must curb his wild ways. He needs a convenient fiancee, and Emma needs a million dollars. So Zarios seizes his opportunity--he will have her! But passion soon leads to pregn ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents , #2879, 192 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

Nov 24, 2009 karen marked it as romance-covers-i-have-loved  ·  review of another edition
truly one of the most romantic titles i have ever come across. nothing says true love like a sales receipt.

"now he wants her!"
A bare bones plot outline -- Italian playboy tycoon, sacrificing sister with abusive gambler brother, fake engagement, complicated pregnancy issues -- coupled with that title, and really, what can one say about that title, make this romance sound so generic that the cover should be nothing but black letters on a white background. Yet I found it to have an unexpectedly different feel to it, one I liked very much.

Zarios, despite seeming straight out of the Harlequin Presents hero stereotype manua
Hero and heroine had met, the heroine had a crush on him. Eventually they hooked up at the heroines fathers birthday party and she got pregnant. The next day her parents died and she found out the hero was back with his ex. When her brother got into money problems due to his gambling she went to the hero for help and he'd help her if she would pretend to be fake engaged to him. The heroines brother caused more problems, so the hero didn't believe her about being pregnant and the money her brothe ...more
Paula Legate
This book had so much going on. It was an emotional roller coaster. I do wish Zarious, and Emma talked and believed each other throughout the story. It would have prevented a lot of hurt. I’m glad that they worked it all out in the end. My reviews are normally long, but with this book, I don’t want to spoil it with spoilers. This is a book you just need to read for yourself.
Bastante simple, con el mismo estilo que muchas novelas harlequin, podia haber sido un mejor libro si la autora hubiera llevado la historia de una forma diferente.
Mejora un poco casi al final, pero no llegas a conectar con los protagonistas.
Y al terminar de leer libros harlequin siempre me hago la misma pregunta, es que ninguna autora puede crear a una protagonista con caracter que no se deje humillar?? odio cuando lo que mas recuerdas de terminar historias como esta, es el machismo escondido en
Susanna Carr
Dec 23, 2009 Susanna Carr added it
Shelves: presents
Emma needs a lot of money for her brother. Right then a reader might think she’s read this kind of story before, but Emma wrestles with family dynamics and tragedy to become a stronger woman. At first Zarios seems like her most difficult challenge, and even her most powerful enemy. In the end, Zarios prove to be perfect hero material!
Good book

The book has a good plot, I like the characters. I did not like the book as much as others of Carol Marinelli's. The book has a lot going on and not a lot of personable details. It is a sweet romance, a little sad.
Alice M. Black

Una novela predecible, que no llega a convencer, principalmente por tener
a una protagonista débil y falta de carácter, que se deja
humillar y no tiene respeto por ella misma.
Shallowreader VaVeros
This book started in an unexpected way - the main character laughing and joking with her mother. In most category roms relationships with parents are either tense and fraught or the parents perished in an avalanche. The first part of the book - the birthday party was light, enjoyable and the comraderie between the male & female protagonists was sharp and fun but the second half of the book twists into trite cliches and dark brooding. The gambling brother, threats of violence and consequences ...more
Xondra Day
Aug 27, 2013 Xondra Day rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Soap opera lovers.
First of all I disliked Zarios. I couldn't see what Emma saw in him other than his good looks. He was an arrogant, hateful, petty, childish arsehole. Emma was far too good for him, and why she remotely wanted to be with him is beyond me. She came across as a bit of a doormat that wasn't necessary even given her life circumstance.

The story moved along quickly. And all in all this was a typical HQ Presents that did not stand out a lot. I rated it three stars because even with Zarios being so nasty
Aug 10, 2010 Eileen rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one.
I received this book as a present (a joke present) and read not even half of it before shutting it forever. It became so intolerably bad that it was no longer even mockable; only painfully predictable and infinitely torturous. This book deserves zeros stars but, as that is not an option, I was forced to give it one. (That is far, far more than it deserves.)
I thought the author did a good job writing it, I liked her choice of words and she didn't use the same sentences, phrases, words more than once. However, the story itself was just ok to me. There was something lacking though I can't put my finger on it. It's still one of the better Harlequin books I've read though and a quick read.
My attempt to read a Harlequin Presents book wasn't that good. Very meh with characters who was too stupid to live and too much going on in the plot. Title is only good thing and definitely did not live up to its name.
So the name is completely ridiculous, but I actually enjoyed this book. The best romance novel I've read in a while. Good pick, Clint!! haha.

Good read, a little drawn out at the end. I liked that you got a bit of both POV.
Had a good story line, and a great ending.
Joanne added it
Nov 25, 2015
May Sara
May Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Afroz marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Swati Prerna
Swati Prerna marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Surabhi marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • Bedded at the Billionaire's Convenience
  • An Heir for the Millionaire
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby
  • The Master Player
  • House of Mirrors
  • Bound by Marriage
  • Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)
  • The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)
  • The Secret Baby Bargain
  • Just One Kiss
  • Bride, Bought and Paid For (Harlequin Presents, #2907)
  • One Night, Two Babies (Silhouette Desire, #1966)
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)
  • Dante: Claiming His Secret Love-Child (Orisini Brothers, #2)
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...