Start by marking “Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy” as Want to Read:
Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  183 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
When Zarios D'Amilo meets Emma Hayes again, she is no longer the awkward teenager who tried to kiss him, but a beautiful, confident woman. Now he wants her!To claim his inheritance, this untamed tycoon must curb his wild ways. He needs a convenient fiancee, and Emma needs a million dollars. So Zarios seizes his opportunity--he will have her! But passion soon leads to pregn ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents , #2879, 192 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy

karen
Nov 24, 2009 karen marked it as romance-covers-i-have-loved  ·  review of another edition
truly one of the most romantic titles i have ever come across. nothing says true love like a sales receipt.

"now he wants her!"
willaful
Jan 29, 2011 willaful rated it really liked it
A bare bones plot outline -- Italian playboy tycoon, sacrificing sister with abusive gambler brother, fake engagement, complicated pregnancy issues -- coupled with that title, and really, what can one say about that title, make this romance sound so generic that the cover should be nothing but black letters on a white background. Yet I found it to have an unexpectedly different feel to it, one I liked very much.

Zarios, despite seeming straight out of the Harlequin Presents hero stereotype manua
Tia
Aug 18, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Hero and heroine had met, the heroine had a crush on him. Eventually they hooked up at the heroines fathers birthday party and she got pregnant. The next day her parents died and she found out the hero was back with his ex. When her brother got into money problems due to his gambling she went to the hero for help and he'd help her if she would pretend to be fake engaged to him. The heroines brother caused more problems, so the hero didn't believe her about being pregnant and the money her brothe ...more
Paula Legate
May 17, 2013 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
This book had so much going on. It was an emotional roller coaster. I do wish Zarious, and Emma talked and believed each other throughout the story. It would have prevented a lot of hurt. I’m glad that they worked it all out in the end. My reviews are normally long, but with this book, I don’t want to spoil it with spoilers. This is a book you just need to read for yourself.
Fanny
Sep 20, 2014 Fanny rated it it was ok
Bastante simple, con el mismo estilo que muchas novelas harlequin, podia haber sido un mejor libro si la autora hubiera llevado la historia de una forma diferente.
Mejora un poco casi al final, pero no llegas a conectar con los protagonistas.
Y al terminar de leer libros harlequin siempre me hago la misma pregunta, es que ninguna autora puede crear a una protagonista con caracter que no se deje humillar?? odio cuando lo que mas recuerdas de terminar historias como esta, es el machismo escondido en
Susanna Carr
Dec 23, 2009 Susanna Carr added it
Shelves: presents
Emma needs a lot of money for her brother. Right then a reader might think she’s read this kind of story before, but Emma wrestles with family dynamics and tragedy to become a stronger woman. At first Zarios seems like her most difficult challenge, and even her most powerful enemy. In the end, Zarios prove to be perfect hero material!
Bookabulary
Jan 22, 2016 Bookabulary rated it liked it
Don't be easily put off by that title! This was actually an okay read--fast and easy. It wasn't a perfect book but it had its quirks that pretty much made up for whatever it's lacking. Or am I just biased for this author, one of my favorite HP authors?
char
Oct 13, 2014 char rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

The book has a good plot, I like the characters. I did not like the book as much as others of Carol Marinelli's. The book has a lot going on and not a lot of personable details. It is a sweet romance, a little sad.
Alice M. Black
Sep 19, 2014 Alice M. Black rated it it was ok

Una novela predecible, que no llega a convencer, principalmente por tener
a una protagonista débil y falta de carácter, que se deja
humillar y no tiene respeto por ella misma.
Shallowreader VaVeros
This book started in an unexpected way - the main character laughing and joking with her mother. In most category roms relationships with parents are either tense and fraught or the parents perished in an avalanche. The first part of the book - the birthday party was light, enjoyable and the comraderie between the male & female protagonists was sharp and fun but the second half of the book twists into trite cliches and dark brooding. The gambling brother, threats of violence and consequences ...more
Sahar
Dec 13, 2015 Sahar rated it liked it
Ridiculous title but the book was pretty decent.
Xondra Day
Aug 27, 2013 Xondra Day rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Soap opera lovers.
First of all I disliked Zarios. I couldn't see what Emma saw in him other than his good looks. He was an arrogant, hateful, petty, childish arsehole. Emma was far too good for him, and why she remotely wanted to be with him is beyond me. She came across as a bit of a doormat that wasn't necessary even given her life circumstance.

The story moved along quickly. And all in all this was a typical HQ Presents that did not stand out a lot. I rated it three stars because even with Zarios being so nasty
Eileen
Aug 10, 2010 Eileen rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one.
I received this book as a present (a joke present) and read not even half of it before shutting it forever. It became so intolerably bad that it was no longer even mockable; only painfully predictable and infinitely torturous. This book deserves zeros stars but, as that is not an option, I was forced to give it one. (That is far, far more than it deserves.)
Kelly
Sep 28, 2010 Kelly rated it it was ok
I thought the author did a good job writing it, I liked her choice of words and she didn't use the same sentences, phrases, words more than once. However, the story itself was just ok to me. There was something lacking though I can't put my finger on it. It's still one of the better Harlequin books I've read though and a quick read.
Has
Jan 20, 2010 Has rated it did not like it
My attempt to read a Harlequin Presents book wasn't that good. Very meh with characters who was too stupid to live and too much going on in the plot. Title is only good thing and definitely did not live up to its name.
Abbie
Jan 11, 2010 Abbie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
So the name is completely ridiculous, but I actually enjoyed this book. The best romance novel I've read in a while. Good pick, Clint!! haha.
Nancy

Good read, a little drawn out at the end. I liked that you got a bit of both POV.
Ree
Dec 10, 2012 Ree rated it really liked it
Had a good story line, and a great ending.
Alice
Alice added it
Feb 03, 2016
Bridgette Sherlock
Bridgette Sherlock rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2016
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Alex
Alex added it
Jan 23, 2016
Mohamed Lotfy
Mohamed Lotfy rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 16, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Rachael Albert
Rachael Albert rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Rose Grigsby
Rose Grigsby marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Joanne
Joanne added it
Nov 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • House of Mirrors
  • An Heir for the Millionaire
  • Just One Kiss
  • Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby
  • Bought for Marriage
  • Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)
  • Bedded at the Billionaire's Convenience
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • Greek Tycoon, Inexperienced Mistress
  • Back in Her Husband's Bed
  • Bound by Marriage
  • The Sheikh's Captive Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh, #7)
  • The Master Player
  • Antonides' Forbidden Wife
  • The Ruthless Greek's Virgin Princess
  • The Man Who Risked it All
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...