3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Award-winning international quilt makers designed the twenty projects included here, bringing both traditional and modern techniques-and a range of cultural influences-to each. Here are designs reminiscent of a country picnic, the bold lines of Matisse, vintage Swedish embroidery, the Ndebele women of Pretoria, the western Australian landscape. They're quilts made with Wel...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Hamlyn (UK) (first published July 28th 2006)

Inder
This book includes an odd mix of quilts, some I would NEVER make, some that I would love to copy ASAP. I bought it ages ago, but recently pulled it out again, and was so inspired that I ran out and bought a ton of fabric - now we'll see if I actually make anything!
Melissa
There's a lot of inspiration for me in the quilts here, and the styles are pretty wide in range. I don't like every color or fabric combination in the samples, but I like the patterns (especially the bird applique) and ideas (ribbon quilt, french knots) an awful lot.
Michelle BF
Lots of new ideas/techniques for quilts that could be made your own (easily adaptable). Some look simple and others very fancy. I liked that the ideas weren't "country" or traditional.

Anne
This book wasn't what I thought it would be. Although a few of the quilts were pretty, most I didn't like very much. I was looking for inspiration more than instruction. I didn't find it here.
Liz
Feb 14, 2008 Liz marked it as to-read
Shelves: hobby
I am waiting for my copy to arrive. Hurry up amazon.com!!
(And thanks to Hanneke for the gift card that allowed me to purchase this!)
Emmaj
One of my main inspiration books
Not my favorite, but ok.
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Kami
Kami added it
May 09, 2014
Bashanne
Bashanne marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Sarah Stillman
Sarah Stillman marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Speee1dy
Speee1dy marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Clayborn
Clayborn marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Dena
Dena marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Sue Nelson
Sue Nelson marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Korri
Korri marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Spark
Spark marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2012
Brigette
Brigette marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Super Stitches Knitting: Knitting Essentials Plus a Dictionary of more than 300 Stitch Patterns The Encyclopedia of Stitches Step-by-Step Sewing Course: Essential Techniques for Making Over 150 Creative Home Projects Le Tricot en 300 Points