Start by marking “Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)” as Want to Read:
Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)

Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #16)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,021 ratings  ·  31 reviews

There are some pretty weird grown-ups in Bailey City!

There's a new guidance counselor at Bailey Elementary School and he's giving the kids the creeps. No one understands why his skin is so pale, why he hides from the sun, or why his skin is deathly cold to the touch. But Counselor Drake couldn't really be Count Dracula, could he?
Published October 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Dracula by Bram StokerThe Historian by Elizabeth KostovaBound By Blood by Shane K.P. O'NeillBirth Of The Monster by Shane K.P. O'NeillBound By Blood by Shane K.P. O'Neill
Best Books Featuring Dracula
33rd out of 81 books — 119 voters
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. KonigsburgThe Westing Game by Ellen RaskinEncyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective by Donald J. SobolThe Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn KeeneThe Magic of Finkleton by K.C. Hilton
Mysteries for 2nd-7th graders
42nd out of 60 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Sep 02, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the 16th book in The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series by Debbie Dadey, Marcia Thornton Jones and John Steven Gurney. This story centers on a new counselor who likes pink lemonade and sitting in the dark.

We've read several books in this series and our girls like them. We are skipping around the series, but it doesn't seem to matter much. We will certainly read more as we come across them. They are quick, entertaining reads and aren't scary.
dracula was their school consoler! he drunk pink lemonade. huey went pale! they thought he was dracula. he stopped fights. he won't go in the light.
Valesha Gracic
The Bailey School Kids books were my jam when I was a kid! I would actually love to reread them as an adult. :)
This book is a very mysterious book. Count Dracula really matches with counselor drake.
Micaela Semien
This was a freaky one, but was still an amazing story.
Jun 25, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Rodolfo A.
This book was amazing!this book was about a new guidance counselor
and the kids though he was Dracula the famouse vampire.In bailey school
there two vampires mrs.Jeepers and mr.Drake.The kids thought that mr.Drake was a vampire because he had black clouthes and black cow boy opinion of this book is i like it because it interte me of soving mistery.This book is fiction is a mistery book.
Catherine Woodman
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
The school gets an eccentric new counselor. Naturally, he looks like Dracula and has cold hands. The kids observe him creeping into Mrs. Jeepers’ basement, and the day after that he leaves the school.

Fun, quick and mysterious.
I have to admit that I haven't read these books since I was in middle school, so my opinion of what makes a book good has probably changed quite drastically. These books were so fun when I was a kid though. I will be buying them for my kids when they get a little older.
My favorite part was when they thought there was another vampire in bailey school.the worst part was when Eddie went to his room and the others thought he was in big trouble.the best character was Mrs. jeepers.the worst character was Eddie.Auryn 9yo
Lori S.
Just plain silliness for the kids. And the vampire (not quite proven to be such) in this story does drink Pink Lemonade with great relish. If I can convince my niece to pick up more, I'll be reading them with her.
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
This and "Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots" are my absolute favorite Bailey School Kids books!!!!!!!!! If anyone were to read just one of this series - I would tell them to pick one of these two.
Sarah McLean
This was seriously my favorite childhood book series. When we went to the library every week in school I would take out the next book or renew the one I was reading. This one was my very favorite!
Is the new school counselor really dracula? He's so pale, and drinks lots of pink lemonade, will he turn the whole school into vampires?
I read all of the bailey school kids books in the 3rd grade and am reading the series again! i know its a kids series.but i love it!
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
The counselor of the school, whenever he goes to talk with someone, when they come back in, they are quiet and pale.
Feb 11, 2011 Maura added it
I can't decide because I haven't even read this book that's why I came to this website to read the book
I really liked this book. It was about a vampire that the kids think drinks lemonade.
dracula and vampires..awsome! i like that it have vampires in them..
I LOVE these books! I loved these series when I was a kid. Excellent.
This series of book was just funny and entertaining as a kid!
This book when I read it it makes me relax and calm
i think that draculas usally drink blood.
Melrose Park Kids
The Bailey School Kids by Debbie Dadey
Loved it!!
  • Horrible Harry and the Locked Closet
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The X'ed-out X-ray (A to Z Mysteries, #24)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Ghost of the Forest
  • The Case of the Stinky Science Project (Jigsaw Jones, #9)
  • The Littles And The Trash Tinies
  • The Animal Shelter Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #22)
  • Team Rocket Blasts Off! (Pokemon Chapter Books #5)
  • Arthur Goes to Camp (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Hour of the Olympics (Magic Tree House, #16)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)
Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1) Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2) Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4) Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12) Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)