Start by marking “Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)” as Want to Read:
Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)

Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #16)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  1,111 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews

There are some pretty weird grown-ups in Bailey City!

There's a new guidance counselor at Bailey Elementary School and he's giving the kids the creeps. No one understands why his skin is so pale, why he hides from the sun, or why his skin is deathly cold to the touch. But Counselor Drake couldn't really be Count Dracula, could he?
Published October 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade, please sign up.

Jennifer http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/bo...
Ghosts, Monsters, Vampires, Witches
Friends and Friendship(less)

Charlotte
Nov 17, 2015 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
During a fight between Eddie, Howie, Melody, Liza and a fourth grade bully, a strange man comes dressed in black, black hair, and pale skin. When the friends go to school, they find out that the man's name is Counselor Drake. But he acts really weird, he stays out of the sun, he has vampire teeth, and his office is always dark. Could he be the famous vampire Count Dracula?
"Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade" Has that little bit of spook and that mysterious feeling you get sometimes. You could read
Dolly
Sep 02, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the 16th book in The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids series by Debbie Dadey, Marcia Thornton Jones and John Steven Gurney. This story centers on a new counselor who likes pink lemonade and sitting in the dark.

We've read several books in this series and our girls like them. We are skipping around the series, but it doesn't seem to matter much. We will certainly read more as we come across them. They are quick, entertaining reads and aren't scary.
Rodolfo A.
Mar 28, 2011 Rodolfo A. rated it really liked it
This book was amazing!this book was about a new guidance counselor
and the kids though he was Dracula the famouse vampire.In bailey school
there two vampires mrs.Jeepers and mr.Drake.The kids thought that mr.Drake was a vampire because he had black clouthes and black cow boy
boots.my opinion of this book is i like it because it interte me of soving mistery.This book is fiction is a mistery book.
Kimberly
Jul 15, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Christy
Jun 24, 2016 Christy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: easy-reader
There are some pretty weird grown-ups in Bailey City!

Oct 28, 2015 Jennifer marked it as to-read

Ghosts, Monsters, Vampires, Witches
Friends and Friendship
Lori S.
Mar 26, 2011 Lori S. rated it really liked it
Just plain silliness for the kids. And the vampire (not quite proven to be such) in this story does drink Pink Lemonade with great relish. If I can convince my niece to pick up more, I'll be reading them with her.
Molly
May 02, 2009 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Jerome
Mar 09, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it
The school gets an eccentric new counselor. Naturally, he looks like Dracula and has cold hands. The kids observe him creeping into Mrs. Jeepers’ basement, and the day after that he leaves the school.

Fun, quick and mysterious.
Mary
Apr 11, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
I have to admit that I haven't read these books since I was in middle school, so my opinion of what makes a book good has probably changed quite drastically. These books were so fun when I was a kid though. I will be buying them for my kids when they get a little older.
Twyla
May 14, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
My favorite part was when they thought there was another vampire in bailey school.the worst part was when Eddie went to his room and the others thought he was in big trouble.the best character was Mrs. jeepers.the worst character was Eddie.Auryn 9yo
Miri
Mar 07, 2014 Miri rated it really liked it
Is the new school counselor really dracula? He's so pale, and drinks lots of pink lemonade, will he turn the whole school into vampires?
Logan
Jul 30, 2014 Logan rated it really liked it
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Valesha Gracic
Mar 31, 2015 Valesha Gracic rated it really liked it
The Bailey School Kids books were my jam when I was a kid! I would actually love to reread them as an adult. :)
Joyce
Mar 20, 2010 Joyce rated it really liked it
This and "Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots" are my absolute favorite Bailey School Kids books!!!!!!!!! If anyone were to read just one of this series - I would tell them to pick one of these two.
Seth
Oct 02, 2014 Seth rated it it was ok
Shelves: by-myself
dracula was their school consoler! he drunk pink lemonade. huey went pale! they thought he was dracula. he stopped fights. he won't go in the light.
Aug 07, 2012 Sarah added it
This was seriously my favorite childhood book series. When we went to the library every week in school I would take out the next book or renew the one I was reading. This one was my very favorite!
Maura
Feb 11, 2011 Maura added it
I can't decide because I haven't even read this book that's why I came to this website to read the book
Renee
Apr 09, 2008 Renee rated it liked it
I read all of the bailey school kids books in the 3rd grade and am reading the series again! i know its a kids series.but i love it!
Malia
May 04, 2011 Malia rated it it was amazing
The counselor of the school, whenever he goes to talk with someone, when they come back in, they are quiet and pale.
Margot
Margot rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2008
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Lou Rocama
Lou Rocama rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2009
Julitza
Julitza rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2008
Carolyn - Magic of the Pages
Carolyn - Magic of the Pages rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Eric Cheng
Eric Cheng rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
S Tan
S Tan rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2012
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Pressure
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Locked Closet
  • The White Wolf (A to Z Mysteries, #23)
  • Team Rocket Blasts Off! (Pokemon Chapter Books #5)
  • The Case of the Stinky Science Project (Jigsaw Jones, #9)
  • The Deserted Library Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #21)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)