Start by marking “Katherine's Diary: The Story of a Transsexual” as Want to Read:
Katherine's Diary: The Story of a Transsexual

Katherine's Diary: The Story of a Transsexual

Published November 13th 2008 by BookSurge Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Katherine's Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katherine's Diary

Lynnie Saint-James
Feb 03, 2014 Lynnie Saint-James rated it it was amazing
Katherine was known as John until her early fifties when she transitioned, via transgender surgery, into the woman she had always wanted to be.

There is something about themselves that most people would change. But when you consider what Katherine and other transgenders go through, wanting to be fatter or thinner, or have a different hair colour (or more of it!) pale in comparison.

Before reading Katherine’s Diary, to be a man born in a woman’s body and vice-versa was something I could not imagine
Edwina Harvey
Jul 15, 2012 Edwina Harvey rated it really liked it
I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to have a pleasant morning tea with someone that finished with her asking: "Have you read my book?"

Katherine Cummings and I have a few things in common: a love of books, a long career in libraries and a love of science fiction. Only one of us is transgender.

Katherine's Diary is as much autobiography - the story of her interesting childhood in the Pacific Islands, evacuating to Australia in the midst of WW II and resettling in New Zealand and her early
Deborah
Jul 20, 2013 Deborah rated it really liked it
I think now that i was irrational, even insane, at the time. My transsexualism had taken hold of me with such obsessive force that i could not concentrate on anything else. There i was, a fifty-year old professional academic librarian who had desperately wanted to be female every since memories began.....

a very honest book, he is the most normal person that you could imagine..
Reginald Perrin
Reginald Perrin rated it did not like it
Nov 18, 2014
Gwen
Gwen rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2011
John
John rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Jd
Jd rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Deborah Biancotti
Deborah Biancotti rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2011
K.
K. marked it as to-read
May 06, 2011
Branwen
Branwen marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2011
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Zeo
Zeo marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
isabella tran
isabella tran marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Kasadarko
Kasadarko marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016