Start by marking “The Everything Toddler Activities Book: Games and Projects That Entertain and Educate” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Keeping toddlers happy and stimulated at the same time isn't easy-as any parent can tell you. But in The Everything Toddler Activities Book, parents find hundreds of exercises that keep youngsters smiling even as they advance their mental and physical growth. Designed to challenge their minds as well as their bodies, these activities include active play, art, and movement ...more
Published December 18th 2008 by Adams Media Corporation (first published June 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Toddler Activities Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Toddler Activities Book

Jaclyn
This book may be good for someone who hasn't worked with children before or for a playschool teacher or daycare worker looking for new ideas. For me, however, the activities that are good for my son are already common knowledge (ie: I Spy, Follow the Leader, etc); and the other activites are better suited for groups. Some activities are so cheesy that my two year old would wrinkle his nose.

I did get one great idea for his sandbox, though, so it wasn't a complete loss! There may be one great ide
Barbara
I have read several books of this type and this is my favorite by far. Most of the items required for the activities are things I already have on hand. Most of the activities require very little preparation time -- which is great since you don't want to spend 30 minutes preparing an activity for a toddler whose attention span is only 10 - 15 minutes tops. The variety of activities is wonderful. My kids have loved almost all of the activities I have introduced to them from this book.
Marjanne
Nov 05, 2008 Marjanne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
This is pretty much a just collection of activity ideas for toddlers with some parental philosophy thrown in. There are some that I am excited to try, but I was actually surprised that there wasn't more that I was interested in. I do like all the recipes to make your own playdough/paints/etc.
Meaghan
Helpful to keep Owen busy. We did a few activities, and this one seems to bridge the two to three year gap better than other "toddler" books I've read recently.
Jackie Nawrot
I have a 2yo, 3yo and 7yo and this book is full of awesome activities no matter where you are. I now have a nice quiet peaceful house.
Wendy
Found this book very helpful keeping a toddler occupied, happy, and doing productive things while also caring for a newborn.
Heidi
This book had LOTS of good toddler activity ideas.
Gail
Great ideas about what to do with toddlers.
Aegean0228
Aegean0228 marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Voracious_reader
Voracious_reader marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Kartik Santhanakrishnan
Kartik Santhanakrishnan marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Josh Tegart
Josh Tegart marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
PurplyCookie
PurplyCookie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Kara Ritchie
Kara Ritchie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Mayowa
Mayowa marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Ciara Salazar
Ciara Salazar marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The everything parent's guide to tantrums: the only book you need to prevent outbursts, avoid public scenes, and help your child stay calm 365 Toddler Activitiesthat Inspire Creativity: Games, Projects, and Pastimes That Encourage a Child's Learning and Imagination Mommy Rescue Guide: Tantrums: Lifesaving Techniques and Advice for Coping When Your Child Can't Panduan Lengkap Ibu Bapa Menangani TANTRUM The Parent's Guide to Children with Tantrums: Practical and Positive Solutions for the Common Problem of Tantrums