Allison's Journey

Allison's Journey (Brides of Webster County #4)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  324 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Journey into the fascinating world of the Amish, where two young hearts, tattered by life, are sewn together in faith and love.
Published August 1st 2009 by Barbour Publishing (first published 2005)

Melissa
Ah Amish romances, I don't think there's anything better for lifting my spirits a bit while I'm down. This one wasn't too bad, it had some plausible conflict but still was a nice gentle story.

Allison has been sent to live with her cousins for the summer. The reason being is that her dad felt she was becoming too tomboyish and that she could learn to be a proper lady there since she wasn't learning it from her crabby aunt's teachings. Once she reaches her cousins, she discovers she likes it there...more
Noemi Goodson
I really enjoyed reading this last book In The Brides of Webster County. With god all things are possible especially if you think there is no hope for you. The character in this book thought that nobody would accept her the way she grew up but with help of family and friends she was able to find love and peace and acceptance and forgiveness. It makes me want to try being Amish for a little bit. Noemi
Kathryn Steffen
This is hands down my favorite Brunstetter book. This story really calls to my heart and I enjoyed it immensely.
Bethany
May 18, 2009 Bethany marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Valerie
I picked this book up because it takes place in a nearby town where my Best Friend lives. for me it was a AMAZING book and it got even better when I knew where there were and what they were talking about. E.g. Lazy Lee's and Highway C.

A Touching story about a Amish girl Finding love when she least expected it.
Ann Schaffer
I picked up this book because my daughter's name is Allison and I like to read Amish themed books. I really did enjoyed this quick, satisfying story. I'd like to read the other books in the series.
Jess Trebanna
Cute and fluffy...nice light reading. I just wish Brunstetter wouldn't provide an English translation for every Pennsylvania Dutch word she uses...let me figure it out for myself!
Diana
This was the best of the Brides of Webster County.
You need to read the 3 others first, because this book has all the characters from the previous one.
Abby
This book had a love story wthat turned into a tragedy and there were a couple awkward moments. This had an incredible story line the author did an amazing job
Erin
A great Amish Fiction story. I really felt like I knew the characters personally. I was so upset when I was finished! I wanted to read more!
Meadow
Wanda E. Brunstetter does an amazing job, capturing the Amish, but not in a way that makes you look down on them.
Meg
Another great read from Brunstetter. Love can be a great risk, but every moment is worth it.
Kendra
I enjoyed this book, it was the last in the series and probably my favorite.
Tiffenie Acres
Simple sweet read about waiting around for true love
Crosbee
I read it so quickly, that I almost didn't remember it.
Dusty Vehrs
just love love love her books, read this one in 3 days
Allie
pretty good... pretty much a love story :)
Omi
ah, not my fav. pretty blah.
Judy Wollenweber
I really enjoyed this series.
Sarah Marchuk
May 06, 2011 Sarah Marchuk is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far I am loving it.
Karen Davis
This series was good to read.
Sharon
Good Book Loved it
Noelle Horner
Noelle Horner marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Carmen
Carmen added it
Jul 17, 2014
Paula Newton
Paula Newton marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
  • Autumn's Promise (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #3)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Plain Paradise (Daughters of the Promise, #4)
  • Blessings (Sommerfield Trilogy, #3)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2)
  • A Plain and Simple Christmas
A nationally recognized authority on the Amish community, Wanda E. Brunstetter has sold more than seven million copies of her fiction and nonfiction books. Wanda enjoys an uncommon kinship with the Amish and continues to visit their communities throughout the country. Her books have won numerous awards and topped several bestselling charts.
More about Wanda E. Brunstetter...
The Bishop's Daughter (Daughter of Lancaster County, #3) The Storekeeper's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #1) The Quilter's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #2) A Cousin's Promise (Indiana Cousins, #1) A Sister's Secret (Sisters of Holmes County, #1)

“Life is full of disappointments, but we have to take some risks. None of us can predict the future, for only God knows what's to come.” 1 likes
“driveway” 0 likes