Start by marking “Star of His Heart” as Want to Read:
Star of His Heart

Star of His Heart (Love in the Limelight #1)

Logan Chambers loves his life as Hollywood's most eligible and elusive bachelor. The talented actor has just been offered a starring role on a hit medical drama. But it is the show's makeup and wardrobe director who's got his pulse racing - and making him think twice about staying single.
Published August 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Star of His Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star of His Heart

stilwaterz
Nov 23, 2011 stilwaterz rated it it was ok
First installment in the "Love in the Limelight Series". Not one of my favorite Jackson novels, but entertaining nonetheless. I guess I missed the adventure/action side story that she is known to weave into her novels. This was a straight boy meets girl and falls in love --- which is not bad, but just not her usual style. Ethan Chambers, actor, (although the blasted cover calls him Logan!) meets Rachel Wellesley, make up artist, on the set of a TV show. Immediately attacted to her and she to him ...more
Samantha
Aug 01, 2010 Samantha rated it really liked it
Brenda Jackson captures the true essence of romance in every one of her books. Star of His Heart is the first book in the Love in the Limelight series and will leave readers satisfy and happy.

Rachel Wellesley is the make-up artist and wardrobe designer on the set of Paging the Doctor, a new hip television show that features doctors. Growing up in a famous family full of entertainment moguls, Rachel has had her share of the spotlight and she wants no part of it. She’s determined to stay out of th
Paige Prince
Feb 16, 2011 Paige Prince rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, netgalley
I’m gonna do this one in a way that I haven’t before... I’m posting my notes that I took down as I was reading the book.

3 chapters in and it’s still almost nothing but backstory. And far too much telling, rather than showing. *yawn*

Very slow start. If it doesn’t pick up soon, I’ll have to DNF it, and I really don’t want to do that.

Chapter 4 – I know Paige is supposed to be the thorn in Rachel & Ethan’s sides, but I just can’t be bothered to care. She doesn’t seem manipulative or mean or any
Celeste
Feb 09, 2015 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't deny your heart's desire

I have read this story twice and I must say, it's still a good story. We learn the barriers one must go through for love. Often our insecurities and fears hold us back. It was good for Rachel to be able to let her guard down and follow her heart. The passion shared was undeniable. You come to recognize the turning point from sex to love. Ethan is a true Alpha man and it was just the strength Rachel needed to understand the importance of not allowing fear to govern o
Grace Augustine
Jan 28, 2015 Grace Augustine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Star of His Heart

Even though this story lacked the intrigue we are accustomed to from Ms Jackson the secrecy of their love made the story and having a powerful sister in Sofia helped, for she had Paige fired for blackmailing Ethan and giving their story to the tabloids. Good Read I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
Connie
Loved it! This story had it all:a protective, sexy and handsome leading man; a beautiful, caring and publicity-shy makeup artist; a greedy, insensitive agent and various, treacherous co-workers. Ethan and Rachel are perfect together but her fear of the paparazzi threatens to tear their relationship apart, not to mention the back-stabbing "hoochie-mamas"!
Beverly
Sep 18, 2010 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Once again Ms. Jackson has written a wonderful story that will fill your heart with joy. This is a well-paced story which follows Rachel Wellesley and Ethan Chambers as they fall in love with each other. The dialogue and actions are so realistic, that you do not doubt that this is for real.
Toni
Jul 27, 2014 Toni rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Rachel Wellesley tries to stay out of the limelight due to what happened to her as a child. What is she going to do when she develops feelings for Ethan Chambers who is alway in the limelight. Hopefully she follows her heart and overcomes her fears.
Nicole
Sep 13, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was good and it kinda ended like i expected it to. I'm glad Rachel came around and finally agreed to marry Ethan. ♥ That is the type of love that I want to find. But you only find in the pages of a book. :)
Kyra Gates
Jun 03, 2012 Kyra Gates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely wonderful. I've read these out of order but they are still easy to follow. I loved the story and how it tied into the others. This is my first book by this author and I look forward to reading another one.
Dorel
May 23, 2014 Dorel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book's story line was slow. My heart broke for Rachel. I wish this story had less background & more chemistry & romance. I love Brenda Jackson books but this one wasn't all that.
Karen
May 24, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
This series is off to a good start. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Daphne
Daphne rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Ebony
Ebony rated it liked it
May 12, 2014
Valerie Edouard
Valerie Edouard rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Nikki Taylor
Nikki Taylor rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Amanda Hunter
Amanda Hunter rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Camita
Camita rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2011
Felice
Felice rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Keisha
Keisha rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2012
Thomas Burns
Thomas Burns rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Tee Tee
Tee Tee rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2011
Azina Morain
Azina Morain rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Nicole Hughes
Nicole Hughes rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Cherry Earl
Cherry Earl rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
MRS KAHTY
MRS KAHTY rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Jennifer Coleman
Jennifer Coleman rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Brooks Young
Brooks Young rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
  • Summer Heat
  • Heart's Secret
  • Twice the Temptation
  • Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1; Mayne Attraction #1)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Seduced on the Red Carpet
  • Sizzling Seduction
  • As Good as the First Time
  • Cross My Heart (Coles Family, #2)
  • Nobody But You
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Love in the Limelight (4 books)
  • Sing Your Pleasure