Start by marking “Baby Faces (Look Baby! Books)” as Want to Read:
Baby Faces (Look Baby! Books)

Baby Faces (Look Baby! Books)

Presents color photographs of various facial expressions.
Board book, 14 pages
Published April 1st 1998 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Baby Faces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Faces

Rachel Kinney
Feb 06, 2017 Rachel Kinney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kidlit
I chose Baby Faces for one of the baby and toddler books. This book shows up close pictures of baby faces and different emotions. This story would be an excellent book for a baby or toddler to look at because they love looking at other baby's faces and they also enjoy trying to imitate different expressions. The book also shows diversity with the different babies pictured. This would be a great book for a toddler to look at by themselves or with an adult.
Athena
Dec 15, 2012 Athena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
The following review is by Eloise:
"This book is an emotional roller coaster. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll wrinkle your nose in disgust. A must read for the whole family! Again and again and again and again!"
Amy
Jul 23, 2011 Amy rated it it was ok
This book failed to keep my attention and I had to move on. Some of the babies shown are very unpalatable. The child I was watching was unamused.
Aldon Rau
Mar 23, 2012 Aldon Rau rated it really liked it
This book has quickly become my very favorite (excluding that foundational work, Alfred Schütz's Phenomenology of the Social World, but that goes without saying). Admittedly the plot is rather slight, but this ambitious work truly explores the entire gamut of human emotion, from "yucky" to "yippee!".

An added advantage is that the pages are thick, and thus easier to turn than is frequently the case. Also, it is possible to skip numerous pages, and even hold the book upside-down, without noticeab
Jul 24, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Simple board books like this one are perfectly suited for babies, who at a very young age can begin to identify the faces and relate to them, determining if they are oriented correctly. The problem with listing any one of these titles is they wear out so quickly and are frequently replaced with other similar titles.
Maya
May 13, 2010 Maya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: miles-books
It's a well known fact that babies like looking at other babies. Making this book was a complete no brainer for the publisher, i"m sure. Miles literally kisses each baby face and laughs and smiles at all of them--even the boo hoo baby!
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Baby Lap Time on 7/29/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Baby Lap Time on 1/18/12 & 1/19/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Hillary Steckler
I got this book from the library, and read it with my 4 month old son. He looked for a few moments at each page, however he wasn't as interested in it as I thought he would be. It may be a series that I try again in a few months when he is more interactive with making faces.
Heather
Oct 11, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Admittedly, this book does get boring to read. It only has 5 or 6 words. But watching your baby's face as they read it, and watching them try to kiss and talk to the baby faces is definitely worth it. Besides, you can spice it up and add your own words.
Andrea
May 19, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-library
We both like the faces, but I don't like the words. I tell Melanie other words or no words, or we just talk about what the babies might be feeling. I ask Melanie if she can make the faces and she likes to copy them.
Bryce
Jan 30, 2014 Bryce rated it did not like it
Poor quality photography of a baby's head in exactly the same proportion on every page. Poor printing quality as all the photos were dark. One large baby head per page and one [negative] word per page. Didn't even show it to my 8 month old son.
Tymia Woods
This book is a great first introduction to feeling sand facial expressions of infants. Allowing infants to see books with realistic pictures is a good way to let babies see how other infants react and feel.
Mylinh
Not the best baby faces book, adult readers may use a different vocabulary than that used in the book. However, any infant facial photography is great for sharing with young children.
Polly
Jul 01, 2011 Polly rated it really liked it
Perfect for the under-1 set!
Dec 12, 2010 Julie rated it it was amazing
My baby girl's current favorite! She and her two older sisters love making all the faces.
Mar 03, 2009 Julie added it
Shelves: storytime
Could work for a lapsit program
Tara
Jul 23, 2011 Tara added it
Cute, it was fun seeing what the kids thought the "face" was!
Jodi
Feb 07, 2008 Jodi rated it it was amazing
My daughter has loved this book since she was very small. The close up of other babies faces intrigues her.
Ambercamelo
Jul 11, 2008 Ambercamelo rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: other infants
My 10 month old son loves this book. Each page shows a different baby and the different reactions they might have to food or life. He loves watching me make the faces as well!
Tory
Oct 28, 2016 Tory rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: Éowyn-s-reads
Baby faces and emotions for the win!!
Susiane
Jun 10, 2011 Susiane rated it it was amazing
My daughter is 9 months and this is her favorite book
Annalise
Oct 14, 2014 Annalise rated it it was amazing
Great book for a young child!
Lucy
Babies, toddlers, print motivation, vocabulary, emotions.
jacky
Sep 15, 2010 jacky rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: babies - toddlers
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
Six big baby faces including "yucky," "stinky," "uh-oh," tongue sticking out, wailing, and of course happy. Simple, yet great for babies.
Mylksnake Wilson
Sep 23, 2010 Mylksnake Wilson rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby
Very short, but babes really liked looking at it and poking at the baby eyes.
Ellee
My son loved this book! The only thing was that on a day when he was cranky, the sad baby photo made him cry. :( Poor little guy!
Julia Meservy
Oct 18, 2014 Julia Meservy rated it it was ok
All faces made my baby scowl. He did not appreciate this book. Too many negative emotions and not enough positive.
Carol
Feb 04, 2012 Carol rated it liked it
Excellent book of baby faces. The words used to describe the faces are potentially confusing, as in up for debate. The faces succeed on their own.
Mommyrachel
Nov 04, 2010 Mommyrachel rated it really liked it
Babies like looking at other baby faces. This was Andy's favorite of her series. Good for beginning discussion of emotions.
Julie rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Global Babies
  • Binky (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • The Baby Goes Beep