Start by marking “Hidden Pleasures (Steele Series, #8)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Pleasures (Steele Series, #8)

Hidden Pleasures (Forged of Steele #8)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  723 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
All she has to do is be his lover for a week…

And when the man is gorgeous Galen Steele, what woman could possibly say no?

Brittany Thrasher has her own hidden motives for accepting Galen's proposal. Only the savvy businesswoman draws the line at actually falling for the sexy playboy. Even if he is the incredible lover of her most taboo fantasies….

The moment their paths cros
Published May 18th 2010 by Harlequin Kimani (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Pleasures

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Syrian Virgin by Zack Love
I could NOT put down this book!
198th out of 230 books — 75 voters
A Steele for Christmas by Brenda JacksonSurrender by Brenda JacksonPerfect Timing by Brenda JacksonNever Too Late by Brenda JacksonThe Proposal/Solid Soul by Brenda Jackson
Brenda Jackson
13th out of 29 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

E.N. Joy
Mar 11, 2016 E.N. Joy rated it it was amazing
I have a crush on this author. Call it a woman crush, call it an author crush, call it a literary crush, call it whatever you choose, but I admire not just her writing, but her ability to connect with her readers through her writing. Not just connect with the readers, but form a relationship with them. Because of Brenda Jackson, I created the following saying: "I want readers to be able to form a connection with the characters I write about. I want readers to be able to form a relationship with ...more
Dorel
Jun 24, 2013 Dorel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book's storyline could have been better. I thought the story was not very hot & steamy & a little boring. I didn't like Galen. I thought he was arrogant & rude. I didn't like Galen did to Brittany. I felt sorry for Brittany. If you wanna read this book I suggest you borrow it from the library, it's not worth buying.
Shawnette
Jun 26, 2016 Shawnette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great kick-off to the Bad News Steele's...from Galen and Brittany's hostile meeting...the sweet and SEXY middle...to the heartwarming and endearing ending. Looking forward to seeing the next Phoenix Steele fall in love.
Gloria Hyde
Aug 14, 2015 Gloria Hyde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire and desire

I choose this 5 star ratings because of the love, pain, tears, and passion found in this book. Galen had no knowledge that the woman he stole the cab from would eventually steal his heart. Even though he started out thinking one thing about Brittany, his love for her took his thoughts in another direction. Brittany may have been going to Phoenix to find her mother, but she found more than that. She found her best friend, Galen, and a family that loved her more than life itself. Ku
Lynetta
Feb 18, 2014 Lynetta rated it liked it
This is my second Brenda Jackson novel but it will not be my last. This author gets to the heart of a relationship without sparing romance and seduction. Things move quickly between Galen Steele and Brittany Thrasher but it all fits together nicely. Galen Steele is the oldest of six brothers who have all sworn allegiance to eternal bachelor hood. If they didn't know then, they know now, Steele melts at a high enough temperature.
In this book, Galen feels the heat.
His mother would say one down,
Samantha
Jun 01, 2010 Samantha rated it liked it
Brenda Jackson’s Hidden Pleasures is enjoyable story of two people gambling for love. Brenda Jackson brings her readers another Steele novel, this time branching off to the Phoenix Steeles.

Galen Steele is a notorious womanizer, just like his father was. Not believing that there is such thing as the right woman, he is struck when he sees one that makes him want to do more for her than bed her. Brittany Thrasher is a successful etiquette trainer who happens to think Galen is one of the rudest men
Zee
Aug 16, 2010 Zee rated it really liked it
It is no surprise that I am a huge fan of Brenda Jackson’s novels. I have devoured her previous Steele titles, which focused on the Charlotte Steele family, and couldn’t wait to be introduced to the Phoenix Steele family. While I thought the story was excellent and the characters were a breath of fresh air, I must admit that while this novel was good, it was not Jackson’s best Steele title.

What makes Jackson’s novels unique is how the characters are stubborn and resist falling in love. In Hidden
Lady Raven RAVE!
I'm a BIG fan of Brenda Jackson and I did like this book alot and I love the Westmorelands and the Steels. But i have read enough of Brenda's books to know that this wasn't the best. I was still excite for the book and as always she teases us with the brothers and who will be possible be getting together. Both characters were great for me Galen was a pretty nice guy but for Brittany's character i feel for her and not knowing her mom and growing up in foster care but i'm glad something good came ...more
Arnissa Burnett
Dec 07, 2015 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartfelt

The was a heartfelt story. I actually cried with Brittany. It was sweet and sexy and seductive. Galen Steele was her knight in shining armor.
latasha mines
Nov 15, 2015 latasha mines rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

Good story ..... it was a little boring in certain areas but overall good read ..... undercooked this for those long plane rides
Toni
Aug 24, 2014 Toni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Brittany Thrasher agrees to be Galen Steele's lover for a week to get her mother's house and to prove something to herself. The passion heats up and once again a Steele man has found the woman of his dreams.
Karen
Dec 11, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Another playa in the Steele family bites the love dust while finding a mate, his true love. Galen, the eldest Steele in the Phoenix clan is the first one to trade in his playa cards when he meets Brittany Thrasher. Although he was quite rude stealing her cab in New York to attend Donovan's wedding, he more than makes up for it when he meets Brittany at an auction. Not only did he find his true love, he also showcased his passionate and caring side when he takes Brittany into his home for a week. ...more
Linda
Jul 04, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Great loved this book.
Tiffany
Feb 14, 2015 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: passionate, romance
EXCELLENT AND WONDERFUL ENDING!!!
Deb
Sep 10, 2013 Deb rated it it was amazing
wowzer. As I have stated before, Ms. Jackson deals with real life situations and gives them a happy ending. The characters become your friends as you are reading the stories. I felt what they felt. Galen and Brittany had tough pasts and to see them both figure out how much they meant to each other was just awesome.
Amaryllis Turman
Feb 04, 2013 Amaryllis Turman rated it it was ok
I was disappointed with the storyline of Hidden Pleasures. Usually every book that I read by Mrs. Jackson is awesome, great, wonderful romance. But with this book I feel as if she might have fell a little short of her target. I mainly feel this way because I did not like the premise of the book.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
I found this Steele romance to be lacking in depth. There are other things missing but I just can't pin point them. I will read it again but not as a priority read. I was a bit disappoint in this Jackson's read.
Veronica Goins
Jun 03, 2015 Veronica Goins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Great book five stars

I really enjoyed reading this book. I have recommended this book to several relatives and friends for a great book to read.
Angelia
May 23, 2010 Angelia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
I really LOVED this book...Galen and Brittany's story was a enjoyable read....Only one probably it wasn't long enough....but LOVED IT just the same....
Brittany Mayfield
Jul 16, 2012 Brittany Mayfield rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ttr2012
it was one of the best romance books i ever read. i enjoyed the book from chapter to chapter being eager to find out what was to happen next.
Taz Will
Jun 03, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
Why did it have to be so short? I loved Galen he was fun to read about with all his antics. I couldn't stop reading this once I started.
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
The story of Galen and Brittany was a bit to short to be believable. If you get beyond that, it's cute and fun.
Shantel
Jul 30, 2010 Shantel rated it liked it
Shelves: kimani-romance
Another great Brenda Jackson book I can't wait til the next one.
Lena
Oct 09, 2010 Lena rated it liked it
I did not like this book as well as some of her other works.
Tameka
Dec 01, 2011 Tameka rated it it was ok
It wasn't her best, but I cant say it was bad either.
Sharon
OMG!! Ms. Jackson has done it again. Loved it.
LaTonya
Jan 25, 2013 LaTonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely enjoyed this book!
Marilyn Diamond
  • Twice the Temptation
  • Nobody But You
  • Sizzling Seduction
  • Summer Heat
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Once In A Lifetime
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Forged of Steele (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Never Too Late
  • Solid Soul (Steele Series, #1)
  • Night Heat (Steele Series, #2)
  • Beyond Temptation (Steele Series, #3)
  • Risky Pleasures (Steele Series, #4)
  • Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5)
  • Quade's Babies  (Steele Series, #6) (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Intimate Seduction (Steele Series, #7)
  • A Steele for Christmas (Steele Series, #9)
  • Private Arrangements( Steele Series, #10)