Start by marking “Water for Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!” as Want to Read:
Water for Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!

Water for Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Asthma, allergies, arthritis, hypertension, depression, headaches, diabetes, obesity, and MS. These are just some of the conditions and diseases that are caused by persistent dehydration. But there is a miracle solution that is readily available, all natural, and free: water.
Published November 16th 2008 by Grand Central Publishing (first published June 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Water for Health, for Healing, for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water for Health, for Healing, for Life

I_love_a_happily_ever_after
This book has healed me so many times from allergies, sinus infections, and skin issues. I read it years ago, but re-read it this week because I needed some modivation to work at not getting dehydrated so easily. READ READ READ this book! It will make an amazing difference in your life. 8 glasses of water a day is a myth...you may need much more.
StrangeBedfellows
This book will change your life, starting with your awareness of your own body. An excellent read for people who dislike doctor visits, pharmaceuticals, or even being ill for that matter. In fact, I recommend that everyone read this book, cover to cover.
Cindi
This book could also be rated 2 or 3 stars. I give it 4 stars because of the ultimate message and because I like descriptions of physiology. People who don't like to get into the nitty-gritty of the workings of the body can just use the take-away message. Drink half of your body weight in ounces and make sure you are getting adequate salt.

But, if you like physiology, you might want to read it. There are chapters on different disorders and diseases and descriptions about how water is involved and
Barbara
Mar 04, 2010 Barbara rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Barbara by: Chezerae Beaty
Shelves: non-fiction, health
I gave this book five stars because the information in it is important and so easy to apply. Everyone reading this has access to water and salt. As reading goes, it does get a bit heavy with jargon on occassion and it is repetitive which can get a bit dull. He was definitely not the most thrilling writer. With that said, I did enjoy the book a lot. The basic explanations were easy to understand and make sense with everything I know about how the body works. The jargon came in as he tried to expl ...more
Cheree
My mom recently recommended You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D., a medical professional from Iran. Dr. B. spent three years as a political prisoner in an Iranian prison where he discovered, that without access to medicine, prisoners responded to water to cure their ailments.

Read complete review at http://chereemoore.blogspot.com/2010/...
M.J.
Aug 18, 2011 M.J. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is an amazing read about a doctor who, while imprisoned during the war began finding that he could cure his fellow prisoners and prison guards with nothing but pure water. You will discover the science behind why water cures so many things that we typically think require expensive pharmaceuticals.
Denise Messenger
I love this book. How many of us ever think about water and how important it is to the entire functioning of our body. We only think of it when we are thirsty. The author did an excellent job of outlining just why it is important and we don't drink near enough of it.
Cade Wilcox
This book is very insightful into the inner workings of the human body. Dr. Batmanghelidj explains simply the benefits of being fully hydrated. The suggestions in this book have already helped my back pains. I highly recommend this book.
Yury
I love the overall idea and definitely recommend this book. The only downfall is that it can get a bit repetitive which makes it a bit of a drag to finish. Once you get the general idea, you will feel enlightened.
Claudia
Not the easiest read because he's not dumbing anything down, but not impossible either. Everyone should read this - really eye-opening. An easy, free change that could potentially make a HUGE difference.
Autumn
It just makes sense that many of our problems are related to not enough water. A good read but check it out from the library - not a keeper.
Courtney
Apr 20, 2009 Courtney rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Courtney by: Paul Christensen
I thought this author made a good point about our society not drinking enough water and drinking too many other unnecessary drinks. I think, though, he may have taken his point too far. He seems to believe water can cure just about anything and I think that is a stretch. I just can't believe that all medical conditions are caused by dehydration.

I was disappointed that he doesn't recognize the merits of drinking milk, particularly for women and children. At one point in the book, he mentions some
Jenette
My doctor put me on a gallon of water a day regime, which has been helping me a lot. I heard about this book in a class I took and it was suggested that I read it. Just another "cure all" book. Some of the things the book claims water can do, I think give a sense of false hope to those who are suffering from those conditions. I think most of the information is over-blown and can be quite dangerous. Not as good as I would have hoped.
Joe Paulk
If you're expecting a book along the lines of Kurlansky's Salt or even Cod, beware. This is more along the lines of Deepak Chopra. Much of the information is valid and helpful. I do have a problem, though, believing that I could cure everything short of the war in Iraq just by drinking more water.
Chariss Walker
An excellent resource for those interested in healing, self-healing, or metaphysical studies. Dr. B. gives many examples of curing the body of disease and illness but cannot penetrate the medical and pharmaceutical industry with this cost-free research.
Michel Gagné
Water is life and water is health! Personally I am drinking one litre of water plus one litre of green tea, juices per day. And yes water is essential for a healthy life. Say no to soda! :-)
Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj is an Iranien.
Marcia
The book is pretty good. It's a big repetitive and fairly technical at points. I also question whether water can cure everything he says it will cure but I don't think it could hurt anything to give it a shot.
Naomi Wymer
the first two chapters were interesting....but then it just.....dragged...and I skimmed....his tone was a bit pompous, like he was so amazing for discovering that water is good for you....wasn't the best.
Katie O'Connor
Lots of wild leaps and long reach conclusions.
I don't dispute that the body needs more water than we tend to give it. But I also know that water doesn't cure all the diseases the author claims it does.
Kate
Really interesting book, written for Joe Bloggs to understand. I already knew quite a lot about why we need water, which was in there, but I still learnt an awful lot.
Darul Falah
sangant direkomendasikan bagi yang ingin selalu sehat dengan mudah dan murah . cepat sembuh bagi yang sakit
Art
Amazing how something so cheap and readily available is able to cure so many ailments/diseases.
Jennifer Wallace
another excellent read for those interested in getting healthy without prescription drugs.
Dante Taylor
Changed my life and how I thought about WATER and our connection to it!! MUST READ!!!
Daniela Chiker
Absolutely must-know-info for anyone who cares about their health...
Aby
Mind opening book about the importance of water in your life.
Katherine
This book will transform your health. I'll drink to it!
Ryan
Really explains the effects of dehydration.
Terry
I highly recommend this book.
Bmfoa
Very interesting treatise
Reverse Osmosis Water 2 4 Nov 30, 2014 10:28AM
  • Conscious Eating
  • Prof. Arnold Ehret's Rational Fasting for Physical, Mental and Spiritual Rejuvenation
  • Power of Vitamin D
  • Secrets of Lemon Rediscovered: 50 Plus Recipes for Skin Care, Hair Care, Home and Laundry Cleaning along with Lemonade, Vegan, Curd, Cookies, Cakes and Desserts
  • Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness
  • Sugar Blues
  • Introduction to Mathematical Thinking
  • The EFT Manual
  • The Power of Rest: Why Sleep Alone Is Not Enough. A 30-Day Plan to Reset Your Body
  • The Thyroid Diet Revolution: Manage Your Master Gland of Metabolism for Lasting Weight Loss
  • Meditations to Change Your Brain
  • Breathing: The Master Key to Self Healing
  • Fateful Harvest: The True Story of a Small Town, a Global Industry, and a Toxic Secret
  • Aromatherapy: An A-Z: The Most Comprehensive Guide to Aromatherapy Ever Published
  • Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder: Understanding and Helping Your Partner
  • Vegetarian Weight Loss Diet - Healthy Low Fat Lifestyle (Vegetarian Diet Cookbooks Recipes Collection)
  • The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health
  • Raw Family
Your Body's Many Cries for Water: You Are Not Sick, You Are Thirsty!  Don't treat thirst with medications; A Preventive and Self-Education Manual for Those Who Prefer to Adhere to the Logic of the Natural and the Simple in Medicine How to Deal with Your Back Pain and Rheumatoid Joint Pain: A Preventive and Self Treatment...... Water And Salt: Your Healers From Within The Essential Guide To Water And Salt Die Wasserkur bei Übergewicht, Depression und Krebs