Start by marking “An Australian Christmas In New York” as Want to Read:
An Australian Christmas In New York

An Australian Christmas In New York (Mistletoe Madness)

Vince has been living in New York for the past four years with his partner Chuck, but as Christmas approaches, Vince finds himself missing the weather, smells, and other traditions of the Australian holiday. With Chuck being a little distracted, Vince is feeling sorry for himself, until the day itself arrives....
Published December 1st 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about An Australian Christmas In New York, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Australian Christmas In New York

Nancy
Dec 25, 2009 Nancy rated it really liked it
I love stories about cross-cultural relationships and love the joys and challenges of being married to someone from a different country. It’s a great way to learn about each other’s country, try different foods, learn a different language, travel, and make new friends.

Even when the language is the same, as in the case of Vince and Chuck, there are still cultural practices, foods, and traditions that are different.

An Australian Christmas in New York is a sweet, humorous and touching story about
Elsbeth

(2nd X-mas story 2015 with Paul)

3,5 stars

Lovely story about Xmas and trifle.

description
Ami
Apr 28, 2010 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
I never know what Christmas in Australia is like (though I know that it will happen in summer, considering the country is on south part of the equator). So this one is rather cute and well informative short story about how Australian Christmas would be like :)
Deeze
Cute, fun, festive and Romantic lol.

Need my good friend Vio to read and tell me if it's a true portrayal though
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
it was cute and enjoyable but nothing really stands out to me...

From the comments I have already received on this review sounds like Aussies would probably like this more or relate to it better than I did. I don’t know what any of the foods they were talking about were except the deep fried Twinkies even though I had never heard of deep frying them I knew what a Twinkie was (this [image error]

Not This
[image error]
I wouldn’t recommend either, gross) who eats deep fried twinkies?

description
Heller
Oct 26, 2012 Heller rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
Cute Christmas story. The boyfriend of a homesick Austrailan tries to Aussie up the holiday.
L-D
Nov 05, 2012 L-D rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short
This was a cute holiday short about an NYC living Aussie who misses his family's Australian-styled holidays. I liked this story, but I almost felt like I should know these characters from another book and this would be the "free download" extra from the author's website. So you read a story about how these two characters meet and get their HEA, and this is a freebie about how they spend their holidays. As a standalone short, though, it leaves me wondering how these men met and got together. What ...more
Serena Yates
Dec 06, 2009 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
V
Jun 20, 2011 V rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
OMG this story was so funny and cute, as I live in Australia and I know all about Aussie Christmas, this story is just perfect for me.
I was laughing so hard it was so hilarious.
Mate, I Highly recommended!!
Arch Bala
Nov 06, 2014 Arch Bala rated it liked it
This was an oh-so quick romantic story of an Australian guy in New York getting homesick for Christmas down under. Vince has been living in New York for the past four years with his partner Chuck. As Christmas approaches, he found himself missing the tradition of the Aussie holiday. Little did he know, something's up as the big day arrives...

The title itself was a clear giveaway. I loved short stories like this one. It makes me feel good and happy. It's only a few months before Christmas and thi
Janna
Very short but lovely Christmas story (I don't mind reading seasonal stories out of season). It's a snapshot from the life of two guys, one American and one Australian, who know each other for quite some years and live together in New York. The Australian bloke gets homesick around Christmas time and his boyfriend tries to make him feel better, which is really cute. It's a fun read for a half hour or so, but it's too short to leave a deep impression if it wasn't for the author's excellent writin ...more
Jon O
Feb 07, 2012 Jon O rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I love Sean Kennedy's work, especially when he wrote them alone. Reading this An Australian Christmas in New York made me wanna fall in love. It's almost everything what a gay life should be - happiness, no tragic ending, no gay bashing etc, but loving support for one another and just another common issue as easy as one may find in a straight household. I love the conversation between Chuck and Vince's mother. Sigh.. Beautiful indeed is when two people in love, living in love.
Kathy
Dec 07, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it
All I can say is, now that I've heard what an Australian Christmas is like, I surely do love my snow drifts, cold winds and low temperatures... I'll take an Edmonton Christmas anyday! :grin:

On the other hand, this is a ~ my apologies to the author ~ sweet little story about love and how actions can say tomes more sometimes than even the most wordy speech. Chuck and Vince are a great couple and I loved their story.
Kelly
Oct 24, 2012 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Being from the UK I wasn't sure how I would get along with this story, but actually, once I started reading it, I found I couldn't put it down. I've never had a Christmas away from home, not in the same sense as Vince has, but I was still able to smile and laugh through their banter.

I adore this little short and it made me feel very Christmassy :)
melek
Enjoyed reading Vince now living with his partner in new york, but this Christmas Vince is missing Australia, his mum sends his favorite but still not enough,chuck is going to do the best he can to give him the Christmas he deserves.
Chris
Dec 11, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Very good short m/m holiday romance about an ex-pat Australian living in New York City with his American boyfriend and feeling homesick for a properly hot Christmas. Tim Minchin's "White Wine in the Sun" made an excellent soundtrack for reading this.
Lelyana

Short story about Chuck and Vince in NY. But Vince missed a hot Australian Christmas. Really?
LOL. Anyway, Chuck is such a great partner, and fulfill Vince's dream. Yeah, new tradition built from old tradition is kinda great.
Nice and sweet.
Penny
Mar 03, 2012 Penny rated it liked it
Made me smile.
blub
Apr 20, 2012 blub rated it liked it
A nice little short story about a couple creating new Christmas traditions.
Emily Moore
Jun 15, 2011 Emily Moore rated it really liked it
Melora
Jan 05, 2014 Melora rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2014
★★★ - Decent, if somewhat unremarkable.
(view spoiler)
Paws
Apr 03, 2012 Paws rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
A nice dose of what an Australian Christmas would look like.
Lillian Francis
Cute established couple and a homesick Aussie.
Kassa
Kassa rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2010
Dionne
Dionne rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Bookbee
Bookbee rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Mistral
Mistral rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Sam Fos
Sam Fos rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
ChicagoGirl
ChicagoGirl rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Andy Slayde
Andy Slayde rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Santa Mug
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • Silver and Gold
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Fruit and Cheese
  • Wish List
  • Christmas Wish
  • Inspiration
  • Gaudete
  • Simple Gifts (Farm,  #1.5)
  • Something to Believe In
  • Mistletoe at Midnight
  • The Boy Behind the Red Door
  • The Match Before Christmas  (The Match Before Christmas #1)
  • Charity Starts at Home
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Secret Santa Surprise
1120780
Sean Kennedy lives in the second-most isolated city in the world, thinks there are thylacines still out in the wild, and eagerly awaits the return of Twin Peaks in 2017.
More about Sean Kennedy...

Mistletoe Madness (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Biting the Christmas Biscuit (Broken #1.5)
  • Cabin Fever over the Holidays
  • Charity Starts at Home
  • Christmas Perfection
  • Collingsworth
  • Dresden Weihnachten
  • Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)
  • Four Grooms and a Queen (Murder Most Gay, 2.5)
  • Got Mistletoe?