Start by marking “At Her Service (Swords Of Passion, #1)” as Want to Read:
At Her Service (Swords Of Passion, #1)

At Her Service (Swords Of Passion #1)

The one man Elise Dumond has always craved is the one man she should not have in her bed - or in her heart.

Elise Dumond has always done her duty to her aging husband. But when the lovely Countess learns her dying spouse has paid a bounty to her childhood friend to father a child with her, Elise trembles at the prospect of being possessed by the famous knight who is now a l
Published November 30th 2009 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about At Her Service, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Her Service

seton
Mar 18, 2011 seton rated it liked it
Pretty raunchy "medieval". The medieval parts didnt bear close watch but I only read these for the smut anyway.

Content warning: adultery (sex in front of hubby), anal sex, jewels in the hoohah
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn't able to read this book when it first came out in 2009. Actually, at that time, I don't think I was really into the historical romance genre, so even if I did hear about this back then, I doubt that I would have read it. Fortunately, my tastes have evolved over the years, so I am now here, reviewing this book for all of you.

It was a pretty short book. The pacing was of course, fast, but there was a full st
Sophia (FV)
Dec 03, 2009 Sophia (FV) rated it liked it
Rating 3.5 stars (GR doesn't allow half stars)

Elise Dumond is a Countess, dedicated to serving her husband Alphonse, the Earl of Atherton. Although she has been completely faithful to her husband, she has always loved another.

Simon de la Poer, a Knight of King John’s court, is Elise’s childhood friend and her one true love. Although she has yearned for him for years she has never confessed her feelings for him and does not realize that Simon desires her as well.

The Earl of Atherton’s health is
Evita
Oct 16, 2013 Evita rated it it was amazing
I love the story of Elise and Simon, my other favorite part is that it’s a medieval story.

Elise is married, her aging husband is on his deathbed and has asked Simon a very special favor, to father a child with her. He was her childhood friend whom she fell in love with, and now she has to obey her husband and lay with him.

There begins their journey into sexual bliss. Who knew that many sex toys existed back then, this reader didn’t but I’m glad Ms. Cerise did her research so well and included t
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
The heat between the two were amazingly orgasmic. His naughty words so unlike a gentleman of the time era was a great touch. Then the plot thickens, untrusting servants, murder, and an arrest this makes for a truly amazing read. This is the first book in the series and I can’t wait to see what is to come next by this author.

Full review here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Lyndac
3.5 stars. I love historicals. It is so refreshing to read about some feisty women who go into relationships with very little knowledge of what is to happen. Everything is new and shocking and yet they embrace the new experiences. How wonderful to be that naïve again and have the joy of firsts.
Yolanda
Apr 15, 2014 Yolanda rated it it was ok
Cute story. My first for this author. Will look for more by her. It's s very short story. I read in no time.very hot and steamy sex.
Amy Miller
Aug 22, 2015 Amy Miller rated it really liked it
The story was a pretty good one. The story was fresh for a historical read. A few twist and turns and a few parts I didn't care for but all in all a great book!
Jules Cooper
Jules Cooper rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2015
Lori Chandler
Lori Chandler rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Nicole Austin
Nicole Austin rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2011
Isla James
Isla James rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Brandy
Brandy rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Rachel
Apr 09, 2014 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free from ARE during April sale
AuthorIsland
AuthorIsland rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2011
Vikisha
Vikisha rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
A.R. Von
A.R. Von rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Dana
Dana rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2013
♡Maggie ♡
♡Maggie ♡ rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Desiree Holt
Desiree Holt rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2010
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Sandra Ribeiro
Sandra Ribeiro rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2014
Becca
Becca rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Debra Taylor
Debra Taylor rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2014
An award-winning author of more than two dozen romances and mysteries, Cerise DeLand creates heroes readers crave. Cerise has met many men in her worldwide travels and created the best of the best from all the wonderful places she’s lived and visited. Today, she lives–and writes–in wild west Texas where a never-ending stream of cowboys, vaqueros, para-military types and diplomats stroll into town ...more
More about Cerise DeLand...

Swords Of Passion (3 books)
  • For Her Honour