Start by marking “L-DK, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
L-DK, Vol. 01

L-DK, Vol. 01 (L♥DK #1)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  2,106 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Shuusei Kugayama is the "prince" of his high school, but he always turns down confessions--including one from Aoi Nishimori's best friend. Although she initially hates him for this, when Shuusei moves in next door to Aoi, who lives alone, she starts thinking that he might not be such a bad guy after all...
Published June 12th 2009 by Kodansha

To ask other readers questions about L-DK, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L-DK, Vol. 01

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
174th out of 653 books — 1,511 voters
Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
125th out of 329 books — 561 voters

More lists with this book...

Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
This was okay. It was hot and steamy between the two from the first chapter. I thought it was good that she's pretty gutsy. I do however, get a little annoyed by her later on, because she acts stupidly, though when you think about it, it is logoically. But whatever. It's still good, cute, okay plot, lovely little romance.

I really love the first couple of volumes, they are so funny! I also like the chemistry, but after, I get a little bored, though that's not to say it's not good, of course!
Mary

*fans myself* The manga that started the kabedon craze!!

And this is why the original works almost always beat the adaptation! I present LDK, Living, Kitchen, Dining...Love? a work I didn't expect to like this much. But the live action is pretty good too!!!

Aoi Nishimori is living by herself and enjoying her independence when her best friend, Moe, is turned down cruelly by the school Prince, Shusei Kugayama. Like any best friend would do, Aoi confronts him. She hates him and to her horrror, discov
Winter
Feb 03, 2016 Winter rated it liked it
Shelves: mangas
Este fue el primer manga que leí, muchas son las personas a las que no le agrada y yo, hasta este mismo momento, no me había percatado de lo absurdo que es en determinadas ocasiones, o de la protagonista tan estúpida que posee e ingenua, al igual que cansina y que, aparentemente, todos los chicos se vuelven locos por ella. O, quizá, por el protagonista masculino tan indiferente, imbécil y que parece en determinadas ocasiones que carece de cerebro.
Igualmente creo que es un manga que, bueno, entre
Becki
Mar 02, 2016 Becki rated it it was ok
Oh Jesus what is up with these Shoujo's I am reading lately. They are all centering around an abusive male love interest and an spineless heroines.

In this case heroine is mad at the soon to be love interest because he rejected her friends love confession. And then certain things happen and they end up living together and she starts going googly eyed for him. And this all happens within a chapter. UGH!!!

To say this guy is an ass is an understatement. He has no concept of personal space. Has no id
FreakChiq
Mar 06, 2012 FreakChiq rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-graphic
If you’re like me and like reading romantic, sappy and silly but funny shōjo manga, where the male lead is a popular school hottie (all the girls want to be with him, and all the boys want to be him) and kind of a jerk, but has also a different, more caring and loving side that he (occasionally) only shows to one particular girl, then this might be just the right manga for you.
Estefany
Jun 26, 2016 Estefany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gusto este primer volumen fue cómico y fresco
Müni (MuenisBookWorld)
Jun 19, 2015 Müni (MuenisBookWorld) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Seriously! This was way too cute!!
Aurora
Sep 30, 2016 Aurora rated it liked it
this was suuuuper cliché but still cute I guess. the female protagonist is annoyingly dumb, to be honest. her love interest is way too good for her lol
Alenette
Jun 28, 2013 Alenette rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga

This review is a review for the whole series.

If you are fond of complicated relationships and is patient, then you can probably handle this kind of manga. There are lots of teasing parts that can make you excited and/or annoyed.

The LDK manga series follows Nishimori Aoi, a high school student who lives in an apartment by herself. You might find her way of thinking rather...stupid or she's just like that in general. () She has a strong sense of curiosity and she is strong and passionate at heart.
Esraa Diab
Jan 04, 2015 Esraa Diab rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
My first time reading Magna ^_^ it is a recommendation of a friend and i really thank her...

1- The plot is pretty interesting; Moe is such a brave girl and caring towards her friend and Shuu who seems to be arrogant is not exactly so!

I loved how their feeling developed through living together ...

2- the painting is also very well done and it is not confusing.

I'm excited to see next Vol ^_^

Recommended ;)
monica ♪
Jul 02, 2016 monica ♪ rated it it was amazing
Oh God! I really am a sucker for Tsundere guys ASDFGHJKL I just can't resist them ()

In fact, I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear when I was reading this! Kyaaaa~~ (〃艸〃)ムフッ

I will definitely continue reading this manga series!
Leanne Crabtree
I liked the first volume of this and will be starting volume 2 ASAP. I just felt like our main female character went a little over the top at times with her reactions, hence the three star instead of four, but I still kinda like her. He seems pretty cool.

Off to start the second one now.
Sonia
Mar 16, 2014 Sonia rated it it was ok
Really like the FMC in the beginning. Until she fell in love with the MMC and lost all her like able trait. -sighs- typical shoujo,
Kyungrin Noh
Jul 12, 2016 Kyungrin Noh rated it it was amazing
If you watched the live-action film without reading the manga, I highly recommend that you read it as soon as possible!
Evey
Jul 17, 2016 Evey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Ce premier tome m'a littéralement fait fondre!!!!! Je veux la suite! OUf elle est dans ma PAL!
Karen
Apr 03, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, manga
Cute, and mindless... so basically my perfect manga. ^^;
Paola Páez
Oct 12, 2014 Paola Páez rated it liked it
Es tan cursi:'3
Shelley
Summary
Aoi is a young high school girl living by herself in an apartment, making it on her own so that she can continue to attend the high school where all of her friends are even after her family has moved for work relocation. In the prime of her sophomore year, the school "prince", basically the hottest guy in school, moves in next door.

Aoi cooks for Shusei out of hospitality but then accidentally sets his stove on fire turning on all the sprinklers which ruins his apartment. Since his apartm
Sara Gama
Oct 29, 2016 Sara Gama rated it really liked it
Cute slice-of-life story. A new neighbor moves in next to Aoi, and who could it be except the person she "hates" most- the guy who rejected the affections of her best friend. What could possibly go wrong?
Mary
Nov 14, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
My current Shoujo obsession! There's nothing that new or necessarily unique about this series, but the art is so beautiful and the relationship between Shusei and Aoi is so cute. I'm routing for them. :-)
Snow Bunny
Nov 11, 2016 Snow Bunny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2016
The begining was okay but it went down fast. Just like many other shoujos I've read so I wasn't surprised.
Brina
Oct 27, 2016 Brina rated it it was amazing
Ich musste laut lachen und mag die Geschichte und will nun unbedingt wissen wie es weitergeht
Sabrina
Read all the volumes currently out.
Nice but sometimes maybe too much dramatic and some themes are touched but just let their for the reader to deal with. Too bad when it's really important themes that people need education about.
Karen
Oct 11, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This magna is very funny and cute. I do want to kick the main male characters butt sometimes though.
Chrissie
LDK is a rather uninspiring book.

If you're any kind of a shojo fan, then you've read LDK even if you never actually picked up the series. This is your basic, run of the mill shojo. It follows the similar formula of other heavyweight series like Hot Gimmick, Black Bird and others but with less twists and a little less heart.

Aoi is your average shojo heroine. Pretty, but not one of those glitz up popular girls at her school. She has a best friend, Moe, that she feels very strongly about protect
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Hadn't heard of this series before. As a first volume in this series, it was good. Story sounds kind of cute. Looking forward to reading the next volume.
Karina Rari
Sep 29, 2016 Karina Rari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich finde die Story toll, nur der Zeichenstil ist nicht so ganz meins.
Mila
Mar 15, 2015 Mila rated it really liked it
Je vous présente aujourd’hui ma toute première lecture manga (oui tout arrive dans la vie). Moi qui n’étais absolument pas intéressé par ce genre de lecture c’est en trainant sur Youtube que je suis tombée sur la chaine de « Lince Otaku » et elle m’a complètement convaincu de commencer. C’est alors avec mon chéri qu’on s’est dirigé vers le rayon « Manga » de chez Cultura. J’avais fait un petit tour au préalable sur le site « Manga-news » pour repérer certains titres. Et on est reparti avec deux ...more
Jessica Sacchelli
Finalmente ho iniziato questo manga!
Trama: Shusei Kugayama è il ragazzo più popolare e corteggiato della scuola, ma Aoi è furiosa con lui perché ha respinto in malo modo la sua amica Moe e per questo decide di affrontarlo dicendogli tutto ciò che pensa, ma viene anche lei liquidata in fretta dal ragazzo... Aoi è sempre più arrabbiata ma non ha tempo da perdere: i suoi genitori si sono trasferiti, lei vive sola e deve correre a fare la spesa prima che i negozi chiudano. Alla sera, mentre sta cuci
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3/5

I was so excited for this series, and now I’m a little disappointed. Which sucks.

The first part is pretty rushed. We find out that Shusei is the popular guy in school, who gets confessed to and fanned over all the time, and who doesn’t like it. He moves in next door to Aoi, who lives alone. And by the end of the chapter, something happens with Shusei’s apartment and so he stays with Aoi.

They get in to a bit of trouble at times, what with trying not to let people know. Shusei doesn’t really c
  • オオカミ少女と黒王子 3 [Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji 3] (Wolf Girl and Black Prince, #3)
  • アオハライド 7 [Ao Haru Raido 7] (Blue Spring Ride, #7)
  • Mairunovich, Vol.1
  • The One, Volume #1
  • ひるなかの流星 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei] 2 (Daytime Shooting Star, #2)
  • Hiyokoi 9

L♥DK (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • L-DK, Vol. 02