Start by marking “The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things: Fourteen Natural Steps to Health and Happiness” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Every day modern medicine announces the arrival of yet another “wonder drug” or “miracle procedure” to a world increasingly wary of expensive high-tech cures. Drugs, transplants, and surgery don’t work for 90 percent of our aches and pains and, while we are grateful for life-saving developments, we know that most come with risks that we ignore at our peril.

Long hailed as o
Published June 5th 2007 by Harmony (first published 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things

Carolyn
Tes
Louise Silk
As the title indicates, this book is about the healing power of 14 ordinary things: an optimistic attitude, forgetfulness, novelty, tears, dirt, music, risk, plants, bugs, unhappiness, nothing, voices, mystery and miracles. It was a little too basic and obvious for me but then again it's helpful to remember that there is healing power in any and everything if you are will to look for it.
Diane
A look at what is most commonly overlooked in our lives. Things that hold the power to add great joy, comfort, or ease to our existence.

At first I thought this book was going to be a re-hash of the usual but it seemed to become more complex towards the end. Enjoyably so.
Stephen
optimism, Fechner Law
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
Iona  Main Stewart
Iona Main Stewart marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Jazmin
Jazmin added it
Dec 27, 2014
Lenay
Lenay marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Neelima Duvvuru
Neelima Duvvuru marked it as to-read
Sonnet
Sonnet marked it as to-read
Katie
Katie added it
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Raquelle Bradley
Raquelle Bradley marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Lamara
Lamara marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Renee Hynds
Renee Hynds marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Healing Words The Power of Premonitions: How Knowing the Future Can Shape Our Lives Prayer Is Good Medicine: How to Reap the Healing Benefits of Prayer One Mind: How Our Individual Mind Is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters Reinventing Medicine: Beyond Mind-Body to a New Era of Healing