Start by marking “Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality” as Want to Read:
Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality

Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Remember a time when you were bursting with energy, curiosity, and creativity? When your body felt strong and flexible, free of any aches and pains?

With the Anat Baniel Method, you can feel that way again and experience renewed, intensified vitality–greater health, flexibility, strength, sensuality, clarity of mind, and enthusiasm–now and throughout your life, no matter w
Published April 28th 2009 by Harmony (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Move into Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Move into Life

Paul
I found this book both useful and interesting.

I was at first attracted to the book because I believed it was about a method called Feldenkrains.

I think the book is faithful to the principles of Feldenkrains but I think the author takes it to a different level which is actually quite accessible to the average reader.

There are few physical exercises in the book. The ones there are I was not so interested in. What did interest me are her nine principles of vitality which not only refer to physical
Shannon
I've tried to read this book for 3 days and each time I pick it up, it's a struggle to flip a few pages. The info inside is likely great and I've dog-eared the few lists of things to do, but it's written incredibly dry and repetitively. I swear I've read the same sentence on different pages, as if someone read the original book and insisted it be longer.

I wish there were a short version. A "get to the point say it like it is" style would be nice.
C.M. Mayo
Protégée of Moishe Feldenkrais, the Israeli engineer and Judo expert who developed the renowned "Feldenkrais Method," Anat Baniel built her own "Anat Baniel Method" (ABM) on this foundation and three decades of helping thousands of people, from the tiniest babies to elders, move more easily and find freedom from pain. I have tried the ABM: gadzooks, it works! This book is a fine introduction to the method, and all-around inspiring. P.S. Her video beats a cup of coffee.

Janelle
Good ideas, but ultimately boring. Unlike with other method books I've read, taking a class of Anat Baniel's or a class in Feldenkrais seems necessary to really be able to take in what is being presented here.
Very informative on how the brain and movement are connected. Gives insight into how we can heal the body through movement, while make new connections in the brain.
Karen
Great book for those that want to learn how to live with vitality!
Teaching you the Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality
Louise Chambers
Too much storytelling and not enough technique. Just my humble opinion.
Ld2288 Degenhardt
Just started this book but it is already a fascinating read.
Kim Decelles
Excellent mind / body awareness / connections
Audra
Audra marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Casey Solomon
Casey Solomon is currently reading it
Dec 24, 2014
Jackie
Jackie is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2014
AWALS
AWALS marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Annabelle
Annabelle marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Nina Abbey
Nina Abbey marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Dona
Dona marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Anat Baniel has established an international reputation for her work with children with special needs. A clinical psychologist, she has refined her method for more than thirty years, and now runs the Anat Baniel Method facility in Marin County, California. Visit her website where you can download free chapters.
More about Anat Baniel...
Kids Beyond Limits: The Anat Baniel Method for Awakening the Brain and Transforming the Life of Your Child With Special Needs Move Into Life