Start by marking “Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality” as Want to Read:
Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality

Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality

Remember a time when you were bursting with energy, curiosity, and creativity? When your body felt strong and flexible, free of any aches and pains?

With the Anat Baniel Method, you can feel that way again and experience renewed, intensified vitality–greater health, flexibility, strength, sensuality, clarity of mind, and enthusiasm–now and throughout your life, no matter w
Published April 28th 2009 by Harmony (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Move into Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Move into Life

Charmin
Oct 18, 2014 Charmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Highlights:
1. Don’t try to close the deal too soon. Don’t make crossing the finish line your primary goal.
2. Children delight in their experience of their newfound abilities.
3. Keep daydreaming until you come with something you like and that will likely enhance you and those around you.
4. Being in the process of fulfilling our dream heightens our vitality.
5. It is not in WHAT the profession or activity is that our vitality lies, but in the HOW we go about doing it.
6. Process of continued exp
Paul
Oct 09, 2012 Paul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book both useful and interesting.

I was at first attracted to the book because I believed it was about a method called Feldenkrains.

I think the book is faithful to the principles of Feldenkrains but I think the author takes it to a different level which is actually quite accessible to the average reader.

There are few physical exercises in the book. The ones there are I was not so interested in. What did interest me are her nine principles of vitality which not only refer to physical
Louise Silk
It was disappointing to see that the book really does not stand alone, but only serves as in introduction to a very expensive training in Ana Baniel's techniques. The 9 essentials our brains need to thrive in life's vitality:
Movement with attention.
Turn on the light switch.
Subtlety- reduce the force to increase sensitivity.
Variations and greater possibilities with feelings, thoughts and actions.
Slow.
Enthusiasm.
Holding goals loosely.
Imaging and dreaming.
Awareness- knowing and knowing that you kno
C.M. Mayo
Feb 28, 2011 C.M. Mayo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Protégée of Moishe Feldenkrais, the Israeli engineer and Judo expert who developed the renowned "Feldenkrais Method," Anat Baniel built her own "Anat Baniel Method" (ABM) on this foundation and three decades of helping thousands of people, from the tiniest babies to elders, move more easily and find freedom from pain. I have tried the ABM: gadzooks, it works! This book is a fine introduction to the method, and all-around inspiring. P.S. Her video beats a cup of coffee.

Shannon
Mar 23, 2014 Shannon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've tried to read this book for 3 days and each time I pick it up, it's a struggle to flip a few pages. The info inside is likely great and I've dog-eared the few lists of things to do, but it's written incredibly dry and repetitively. I swear I've read the same sentence on different pages, as if someone read the original book and insisted it be longer.

I wish there were a short version. A "get to the point say it like it is" style would be nice.
David Mitchell
The first half of this book is rich in practical exercises and is solid. The second half left me feeling flat as it held many anecdotal stories that never seemed to thread together. The book had some fantastic footnotes and a lot of the text of the footnotes would be well included in the body of the text.
Janelle
Jun 14, 2009 Janelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Good ideas, but ultimately boring. Unlike with other method books I've read, taking a class of Anat Baniel's or a class in Feldenkrais seems necessary to really be able to take in what is being presented here.
Karen
Jul 20, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for those that want to learn how to live with vitality!
Teaching you the Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality
Jul 06, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative on how the brain and movement are connected. Gives insight into how we can heal the body through movement, while make new connections in the brain.
Ld2288 Degenhardt
Just started this book but it is already a fascinating read.
Kim Decelles
Feb 22, 2013 Kim Decelles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent mind / body awareness / connections
Ada
Ada rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
marie patrice joyce
marie patrice joyce rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Charles Gibson
Charles Gibson rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2016
Carly Mannava
Carly Mannava rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Noelle
Noelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2012
Maueen
Maueen rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Dolores
Dolores rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Susan Rauth
Susan Rauth rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Debi
Debi rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2016
Mohamed Lotfy
Mohamed Lotfy rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Gene
Gene rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2014
Marthenn Salazar
Marthenn Salazar rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
SG
SG rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2009
Linda Curry
Linda Curry rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Susan Chilcote-wade
Susan Chilcote-wade rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Brian L Bensen
Brian L Bensen rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Anat Baniel has established an international reputation for her work with children with special needs. A clinical psychologist, she has refined her method for more than thirty years, and now runs the Anat Baniel Method facility in Marin County, California. Visit her website where you can download free chapters.
More about Anat Baniel...