Start by marking “Little Bo Peep Can't Get to Sleep” as Want to Read:

Little Bo Peep

can't get to sleep.

She kicked her

blankets to a heap.

When Little Bo Peep can't get to sleep, her mother suggest counting sheep. But Peep can't count her sheep because she's lost them. Her brother, Little Boy Blue, who scared off the sheep in the first place, warns Peep she'll be in big trouble if she tells Mom and Dad. It's no wonder Peep can't catch a wink, e
Published June 7th 2010 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published February 8th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Little Bo Peep Can't Get to Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Bo Peep Can't Get to Sleep

Kathryn
Poor Bo Peep can't count sheep to help her fall asleep because she lost her flock that day! Unable to sleep with worry for the sheep, and angst over whether she out to tell her parents she lost them, Bo thinks back over the day and how her brother Little Boy Blue and others (all nursery rhyme characters) helped her look for the sheep. Will the sheep come home, wagging their tails behind them? And will Bo Peep 'fess up to her parents?

A cute enough story, one that should benefit children wrestling
Stacy
Very cute book. It uses a lot of the Fairytale rhymes to help Bo Peep find her sheep so she can get to sleep. :)
Jennifer Ho
I read it to my class and they enjoyed the book because of the familiar nursery rhymes' characters they encountered.
Aspasia
Anyone who has tossed and turned at night due to worrying and anxiety can identify with Bo Peep!
Rob
This is the hippest kid's book ever. It's like art deco meets Mother Goose.
Jenny
Little Bo Peep can't sleep because she is feeling guilty and worried...she can't find her sheep. Little Boy Blue blew his horn and scared her sheep and she is afraid to tell her parents. This is a cute rhyming book that continues Bo Peep's story...and she learns a valuable lesson about being honest and trusting her parents. This weaves in several other nursery rhyme characters. My 4 yo daughter really liked it.
Jenna's Mom
Aug 19, 2008 Jenna's Mom rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids 3 and up
Sara
I discovered this gem on a trip to the library with my nieces and nephew a few years ago. I ordered it, and now Daniel has discovered it. The writing is clever and sweet, and the illustrations superb.
Cana
Mommy says: Kinda campy! Illustrated (including font choices) like the 1960s Little Golden Books. Little Bo Peep comes across many other nursery rhyme characters in her quest to fall asleep.
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Wendy Garland
Wendy Garland marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Miri
Miri marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Shah Aamir
Shah Aamir marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Sharan
Sharan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I write in many genres, from board books to YA. DECK THE WALLS, my new pb, is out--just in time for the holidays.

My picture books with Atheneum/S&S, GOLDIE LOCKS HAS CHICKEN POX, and LITTLE BO PEEP CAN’T GET TO SLEEP have taken me to school visits as far south as Brazil and as far north as Tok, Alaska.I'm a Language Arts/ theater teacher with decades of classroom experience and head the theat
More about Erin Dealey...
Goldie Locks Has Chicken Pox Deck the Walls: A Wacky Christmas Carol