Start by marking “Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman” as Want to Read:
Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman

Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman

Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman is the story of a privileged Nigerian girl whose life is disrupted by a series of unusual events and the loss of innocence as she knows it. Striving to survive in the wake of her country's independence from British rule, she meets an aspiring diplomat with radical political views, a man who asks for more than she knows how to give. They embark on a ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Priceless Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman

Jill
Jan 29, 2010 Jill rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book as part of Pump Up Your Book Promotion Tours. When it arrived in the mail I was excited to see that it had been signed by the author to me. That was such a nice touch!

I decided to participate in this tour since it is almost February and when we celebrate Black History Month. Also, I am making a point of trying out different types of books than my usual selections. This is a book that, while I thoroughly enjoyed, I might not have picked up on my own and I would have been miss
Freda Mans-Labianca
Jan 29, 2010 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it it was amazing
Entertaining and yet wittingly put together, to convey a woman's struggles through life from childhood. That's what this book meant to me. I love a book that is a subject I normally wouldn't partake in, yet, in the end, I was sad to see it end.
I have to say, the author did a great job ending the story. Most cases, I am left feeling that there is more, or they need to keep going. As much as I loved the story and would have continued reading on, it really was left at a great spot.
Very well thought
McKenzie
Mar 26, 2010 McKenzie rated it really liked it
Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman tells of Nkiru at three different stages in her life. Part One describes her difficult childhood as she learns to depend on herself and fight for her future. Part Two tells of her college years, in which she discovers love and grows into a woman. Part Three describes her later in life, trying to follow her dreams and fix the past.

Ogo Akubue-Ogbata has created a wonderfully rich story. Although designed for Adults, I believe mature Young Adults will be able to appreciate this
Guna
Jan 12, 2015 Guna rated it liked it
Shelves: other-cultures
When her father dies, Nkiru and her sister, Nonso, are left in the care of their abusive mother-in-law. A relative finally removes them, but their lives now are hard and no longer privileged. The story follows Nkiru, and how, out of harsh circumstances, she comes to terms with her various relationships, and finally blossoms.
Sokari
Dec 01, 2009 Sokari rated it liked it
Shelves: african-writers
Surprisingly I enjoyed this book - At the beginning I felt I was reading a Nollywood film but it improved with every page and turned out to not be as predictable as I had imagined.
Miss A Wolfe
Miss A Wolfe rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2010
Tolulope Popoola
Tolulope Popoola rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2011
Lynette
Lynette marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2010
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012
Sonja Snow
Sonja Snow marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Timendu
Timendu marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Rayo
Rayo marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Tobiloba
Tobiloba marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Marie Heartofgold
Marie Heartofgold marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Yolande Wilson
Yolande Wilson marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Lade Tawak
Lade Tawak marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Busola
Busola marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Tonia
Tonia marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Jayla
Jayla added it
Dec 27, 2013
The Barefoot Crafter
The Barefoot Crafter marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Joshua Ayomide
Joshua Ayomide marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015