His Voice, His Command

His Voice, His Command

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  438 ratings  ·  36 reviews
A door closes behind Rina, trapping her in a sensual world. A powerful and imposing man orders her to surrender everything to him. Heart hammering and body crying out for sex, she begins to obey the male she calls Sir. With the loss of each piece of clothing, she sinks deeper into sensation. A part of her wants to flee, to return to order and reason, but how can she think,...more
ebook, Naughty Nooners, 28 pages
Published April 2009 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about His Voice, His Command, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Voice, His Command

Dina
It's a freebie, and that's the only thing I liked about this story. The H/h (if I might call them that) were unlikable, the sexcapade was out of my comfort zone (BDSM isn't my thing) and the ending was a downer. Ugh! *shudders*
willaful
I didn't realize until I saw all the other reviews that the ending of this story was supposed to be a surprise. It seemed fairly obvious from the get-go to me, which is perhaps why I didn't find the story upsetting. Mainly though, it felt really inauthentic to me. I didn't believe in either the "master's" domination or the "slave's" submission -- they both seemed like poseurs. A tiny bit of romance at the end felt tacked on.
Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne
It says a lot when you cannot even finish a short story, especially an erotic one. I didn't find it interesting enough to continue. It was very boring. The voice was loose and even though this is a short, a reader has to be able to connect with at least one character to care about finishing the story. I found nothing at all original about the scene, in fact the sex sounded like something that had been copied out of Basic Instinct. I think the author tried too hard to be "unique" with this but it...more
Jaime
Lame. She hires a man to treat her like a slave. He failed. He failed as a master, she failed as a slave, they should have just had sex and moved on.
Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten)
First off, I have to say that I loved this short! Being someone that has a deeply personal love for the BDSM life style, this was a very tame version of that lifestyle. It was a step by step progression of a woman that ‘paid’, yes she paid for the BDSM experience therefore *whispers* It is not rape if you pay for it and say “Dominate me hunky Master man.” The book had great pace for me. I could really get into the woman’s thoughts. I loved that we really didn’t know their names; it made it myste...more
Baby
Dear FRiend,

The more I read, the more respectful I have of the importance of context.

His Voice, His command is a short erotic story where a man is teaching a woman the joys of submission. The reader is deliberately kept in the dark about the context of the event and relationship of the characters, instead concentrating on their immediate actions and responses.

I'm not sure how much that set-up worked for me. Having some story background helps whet my appetite and gives me something concrete to at...more
Andita
I'm not sure...

if this story was done with or not. I don't know if I missed something or there were some holes in the story. I think I liked the characters but they need some more development some how.
Jessica
whatever the opposite of sexy and lust inducing is...that's what the language of this book is. its all awkward or just downright unappealing. dnf
Carla
Devon
I won't be rating this book with a star because I think that would be unfair to the author. Let me say; it was extremely well written. Original sentence structure and all that, but it was the layout of the story that horrified and repulsed me that made it hard to read and rate this story. There us NO romance in this story until the last paragraph, and even then, what was done to the character felt like a slow rape scene. Yuck. Yuckity yuck yuck.
It's not my scene. I'll leave it at that. Well writ...more
Deidre
I was stuck on rating this one. I think it needed a bit more in the beginning of the story to draw you in. Maybe a little info on her, How / Why she made decision to hire him, What she was looking for? "Something" Anything that would have helped relate to her. Anyways gave it an OK 2 stars. Would have give a 3 more than likely if I had cared for or even understood the characters.
Alexandra Rolo
Este conto faz parte de vários publicados pela Ellora’s Cave.
Aqui, somos atirados para uma cena em que uma mulher, independente que tem de tomar decisões todos os dias, aprende as bases da submissão perante um Dom de BDSM. Creio que irá agradar aos curiosos e/ou aos que seguem este estilo de vida.

in: http://livrosportodolado.wordpress.co...
Mr. Granger
A quick little story about a woman who gives up control of a sexual encounter, and enjoys it. I've seen some claim that this was a rape scene, but I disagree. (view spoiler) It was good, but because it is so short, there is no room for romance or back story of any kind, so it's kind of empty.
Holly
This is a very short, erotic read.

I wasn't impressed with either the writing voice or the story. The master/slave element seemed contrived and the basic premise rather silly. I was hoping for something different at the end, but wasn't surprised with how it ended.

I'm giving it 2 stars because I was curious enough to read to the end.
Caro
An ok freebie. This was ok. I didn't really connect with the characters and this was more of just a scene. I couldn't get pulled in or really interested in it either. I didn't really feel any emotions or connection between the characters, although it was implied. Fine to read for passing time or nothing else to read. Good Luck
Cara Bristol
I did like this book. The eroticism relies more on the psychological than the physical, which makes it a little unique. I would have liked to have seen a little more on the setting, but the lack of setting also contributed to the psychological impact. Based on this story, I would recommend this author.
Dana
ok, this is erotica, an adult book, and I understand domination and I like to read it, but this short read just didn't do it for me, you have to connect with at least one character in a book, at the very least...and I just couldn't, even in most shorts I find one I like or can relate to...
Alisa
It was interesting. I like and am into BDSM but in a safe enviroment with someone who has the knowledge.. this kinda threw me because she had no idea if he knew what he was doing or not. But, if I had to go strictly on mind games, I would say it was pretty good.
Stephanie
It was an okay read. Seemed a little tame, but I guess for someone wanting to try this type of lifestyle, it could give them an idea of how to start so they can work their way in.
This story just didn't do it for me.
Charles
This is another one I got free for the Kindle. A powerful woman gives up her power to a dominant man who is apparently a stranger to her. This is also essentially a short story. Well written.
Carrie
This isn't a book, but a 25 page short story that was a freebie download from barnes and noble. Just a quickie story to kill some time. It wasn't fantastic, but I've read worse.
Kyra Dunst
This is a quick read, but pretty good. She wanted a slave scenario, and he gave her one. It was kinky and erotic.
Brittney Bower
did not like this as much as I like then other book I have read in this series? it seem lacking something.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Short tale of an uptight woman paying a strange man to introduce her to submission in sex. Okay read.
Sara
Not into the whole domination thing... wasn't into this story at all.
* Booksessed * Bec
Don't know what to write really, I just didn't connect with the characters
Terri Pray
A very hot and well written BDSM fantasy short! Extremely compelling.
KyBunnies
The first part of the book seems like it is missing.
  • Hunting Evander
  • Tessa's Ambassador
  • Hot Moon Rising
  • First Taste (Naughty Nooners)
  • Kayla's Birthday Present
  • Peak Energy
  • Desire in the Dark
  • Spirit Lifter (Phantom Lovers #4)
  • Haunted by the Past
  • Interlude in Pearl (Pearl #2.5)
  • The Bad Widow
  • Reaper's Justice (WesternWind #7.5)
  • Take Me (Naughty Nooners)
  • Erotique (Naughty Nooners)
  • Seychelles Sunset (Cougar Challenge #2.5)
  • Lap Dance
  • Hot for the Reunion (The Gridiron Lovers #0.5)
  • Thrill of the Hunt
Under her "real" name, Vonna Harper has published more fiction than she can keep track of . These include category romances for the major players as well as the 'juicy' stuff. She also penned a series of well-received Native American historicals. One earned her finalist status in both the Women Writing the West Willa award and Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association. Before discovering romances,...more
More about Vonna Harper...
The Cowboy Good Girl Seeks Bad Rider Carnal Slave (Carnal Incorporated #3) Carnal Captive (Carnal Incorporated #1) Sexy Beast 9 (Sexy Beast #9)