Start by marking “Ant and Honey Bee: A Pair of Friends at Halloween: Candlewick Sparks” as Want to Read:
Ant and Honey Bee: A Pair of Friends at Halloween: Candlewick Sparks

Ant and Honey Bee: A Pair of Friends at Halloween: Candlewick Sparks (Candlewick Sparks)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Introducing Ant and Honey Bee — fast friends, co-costume-conspirators, and stars of a delightful new story by author Megan McDonald and illustrator G. Brian Karas.

Ant was getting antsy. . . . Only a few hours left till Cricket's costume party. "What can we be for the dress-up party?" she asked her friend Honey Bee.

With a little creativity and a lot of elbow grease, Ant and
Published July 13th 2010 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Ant and Honey Bee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ant and Honey Bee

Dolly
Oct 28, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
This is a fun story about a couple of friends who want to have costumes that complement each other. They brainstorm a few different ideas and come up with a satisfactory solution. The end result is not exactly what they planned, but still ends up making them a matched pair. Overall, the story is entertaining and is fun to read aloud. The illustrations are colorful and cartoonish, too. We enjoyed reading this story together and I liked the fact that they worked together to make their costumes.
EL
What a fun book! This humorus book for early readers follows the Halloween adventures of friends Ant and Bee. First, they must decide on costumes, then create the costumes. Once Halloween arrives they set out trick or treating only to discover that no one knows what they are! Written with Megan McDonald's exuberent sense of humor accompanied by G. Brian Karas's expressive adorable art work, this title a winner for young readers!
Steven R. McEvoy
This was a wonderful picture book for our children. My daughter is 5 and just finishing senior kindergarten. She loved that she could sight read so many of the words in this book. The illustrations are bright and vibrant with a great variety in colors and backgrounds. The story crafted in word and image is wonderful. Megan McDonald and Brian Karas have created a great book. I hope they create more stories with either Ant and Honey Bee or other books together. Ant and Honey Bee are best friends a ...more
Ms.Patterson
The best one yet in my new favorite young reader series. Just a cute book with fun characters.
CFAITC
This book features two insect friends as they prepare costumes for Halloween.
Maggie
Cari was right; cute:o)
Ann Su
Ann Su added it
Jan 05, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
Oct 27, 2013
Robert Cojocaru
Robert Cojocaru marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Tamer
Tamer marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Shourya
Shourya marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2011
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2009
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an
More about Megan McDonald...

Candlewick Sparks (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • A Birthday for Bear: An Early Reader
  • Annie and Simon: Candlewick Sparks
  • Ant and Honey Bee: A Pair of Friends in Winter
  • Houndsley and Catina (Houndsley and Catina, #1)
  • Houndsley and Catina and The Birthday Surprise (Houndsley and Catina, #2)
  • Houndsley and Catina and the Quiet Time (Houndsley and Catina, #3)
  • Joe and Sparky Get New Wheels: Candlewick Sparks
  • Joe and Sparky Go to School
  • Joe and Sparky, Superstars!: Candlewick Sparks
  • Monkey and Elephant: Candlewick Sparks
Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1) Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1) Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2) Judy Moody Saves The World! (Judy Moody, #3) Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)