Start by marking “The Autobiography of Vivian” as Want to Read:
The Autobiography of Vivian

The Autobiography of Vivian

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Meet Vivian . . .

A small-town girl who conquers the Big City on her own terms . . . a sucker for happy endings with an attraction to all things fattening—and a personality that oddly gets her in (and out of) trouble at lightning speed. This is her story . . . and perhaps a little of yours, too.

True, Vivian Livingston has the gig of a lifetime, starring 24/7 as the heroine
Published June 25th 2002 by Ballantine Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Autobiography of Vivian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Autobiography of Vivian

Sunni Crum-Thompson

Super "chick lit" and not deep at all. But ExACtLY what I needed to have a fun escape story from my life at the moment.
Heidi
I read this book for my bookclub this month. Nothing really to say about this book. I would not read it again, or recommend it for anyone else to read. It seems like a coming of age book where the author doesn't ever come of age. Just my opinion...I am sure there are people who will love this book...I was just not one of them. For me, with my schedule, it was a complete waste of time.
Ashley
this book is almost like the autobiography of ashley but i'm sure we can all insert our names there. i related to viv in so many ways it was a little disturbing. she was so real and for a moment i really thought it was a real autobiography. such a cool book i'm going to never get tired of. she's definitely a best friend every girl wants.
Moira
I was a little more into this book at the beginning, but I actually only scanned the last 10 pages or so only because I wanted to see if anything big happened at the end... I just couldn't get behind the author's sort of valley-girl stream-of-consciousness first person narration.
Allison
Really funny! This character...or I guess woman since she is real...is so adorable. She's quirky and clumsy and yet you just find yourself rooting for her. I laughed so much during this book and was embarrassed for her at the same time.
Eli
Couldn't figure out how this book ever got published, or worse, how I came to be reading it. Just awful.
Robyn
I totally enjoyed this chick-lit "autobiography" style novel. It was a fun, light read.
Giselle
Jan 23, 2010 Giselle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every New Yorker
I've read this book at least 5 times. Personally it's extremely inspiring.
Amber
Some vulgar language. Overall witty witting and a quick read.
Renee Suto
funny easy read... had lots of flash backs to my twenties... Fun!
April Richardson
Oooooh, this was soooooooo awful!
Wildpoppy
check out her website!
Dana
Jul 31, 2007 Dana added it
is this my life
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Jul 14, 2014
Nicky Valenzuela
Nicky Valenzuela marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Lauren
Lauren added it
Mar 31, 2014
Latasha Smith
Latasha Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Zoey
Zoey added it
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Loving Pedro Infante
  • Everything Nice
  • A Girl's Best Friend (Spa Girls, #2)
  • Diary of a South Beach Party Girl
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales: 101 Inspirational Stories from Great Teachers and Appreciative Students
  • Couch World
  • The Last Year Of Being Married (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Diary of a Working Girl
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Portraits of "The Whiteman": Linguistic Play and Cultural Symbols Among the Western Apache
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • The Dairy Queen (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Stepmother: A Novel
  • sMothering
  • Diary of a Blues Goddess
  • The Plantation Mistress
  • Pink Ice
  • A New Lu
Bronx born, Sherrie Krantz grew up in New York and attended the University of Buffalo. She spent the first leg of her career as a public relations executive, first at Calvin Klein Inc. and then at Donna Karan International. From there, Sherrie founded Forever After Inc., parent company to www.Vivianlives.com and co-wrote The Autobiography of Vivian: A Novel and Vivian Lives. She continues to devel ...more
More about Sherrie Krantz...
Vivian Lives Vivian: The V Spot How to Be a Betty: The Ultimate Guide to Unleashing Your Inner Boop! The Autobiography of Vivian Vivian