Start by marking “The Autobiography of Vivian” as Want to Read:
The Autobiography of Vivian

The Autobiography of Vivian

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  215 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Meet Vivian . . .

A small-town girl who conquers the Big City on her own terms . . . a sucker for happy endings with an attraction to all things fattening—and a personality that oddly gets her in (and out of) trouble at lightning speed. This is her story . . . and perhaps a little of yours, too.

True, Vivian Livingston has the gig of a lifetime, starring 24/7 as the heroin
Published June 25th 2002 by Ballantine Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Autobiography of Vivian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Autobiography of Vivian

Sunni Crum-Thompson
Jul 12, 2012 Sunni Crum-Thompson rated it liked it

Super "chick lit" and not deep at all. But ExACtLY what I needed to have a fun escape story from my life at the moment.
Jennifer Landrigan
Jul 07, 2015 Jennifer Landrigan rated it liked it
At first I was annoyed by Vivian but by the middle of the book I must admit I was invested. She grew on me.
Chelsea
Dec 06, 2015 Chelsea rated it really liked it
Took a bit to get my attention but once it did, I couldn't finish it fast enough. Easy read, great chick-lit
Heidi
Jun 09, 2009 Heidi rated it did not like it
Shelves: book-club-books
I read this book for my bookclub this month. Nothing really to say about this book. I would not read it again, or recommend it for anyone else to read. It seems like a coming of age book where the author doesn't ever come of age. Just my opinion...I am sure there are people who will love this book...I was just not one of them. For me, with my schedule, it was a complete waste of time.
Ashley
Oct 01, 2007 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, favorites
this book is almost like the autobiography of ashley but i'm sure we can all insert our names there. i related to viv in so many ways it was a little disturbing. she was so real and for a moment i really thought it was a real autobiography. such a cool book i'm going to never get tired of. she's definitely a best friend every girl wants.
Moira
Jan 24, 2009 Moira rated it did not like it
I was a little more into this book at the beginning, but I actually only scanned the last 10 pages or so only because I wanted to see if anything big happened at the end... I just couldn't get behind the author's sort of valley-girl stream-of-consciousness first person narration.
Allison
Apr 24, 2008 Allison rated it really liked it
Really funny! This character...or I guess woman since she is real...is so adorable. She's quirky and clumsy and yet you just find yourself rooting for her. I laughed so much during this book and was embarrassed for her at the same time.
Eli
Oct 13, 2013 Eli rated it did not like it
Couldn't figure out how this book ever got published, or worse, how I came to be reading it. Just awful.
Robyn
Oct 09, 2012 Robyn rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed this chick-lit "autobiography" style novel. It was a fun, light read.
Giselle
Jan 23, 2010 Giselle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every New Yorker
I've read this book at least 5 times. Personally it's extremely inspiring.
Amber
Mar 05, 2009 Amber rated it it was ok
Some vulgar language. Overall witty witting and a quick read.
Renee Suto
Mar 24, 2013 Renee Suto rated it really liked it
funny easy read... had lots of flash backs to my twenties... Fun!
April Richardson
Jul 06, 2009 April Richardson rated it did not like it
Oooooh, this was soooooooo awful!
Wildpoppy
check out her website!
Dana
Jul 31, 2007 Dana added it
is this my life
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Felicia Inez
Felicia Inez marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Ashley S
Ashley S rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Sarah Hurley
Sarah Hurley rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2016
smuug
smuug rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Sahar
Sahar marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Amanda Beck
Amanda Beck marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Janessa
Janessa marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2015
Niki
Niki rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Cydney
Cydney marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
  • Everything Nice
  • Diary of a South Beach Party Girl
  • The Last Year Of Being Married (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Calm, Cool & Adjusted (Spa Girls, #3)
  • Diary of a Working Girl
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • L'America
  • sMothering
  • Joyride
  • A Pelican in the Wilderness: Hermits, Solitaries, and Recluses
  • The Girlfriends Club
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales: 101 Inspirational Stories from Great Teachers and Appreciative Students
  • Not Quite A Mom
  • Sex with the Ex
  • The Plantation Mistress
  • Marrying Up
  • The First Assistant: A Continuing Tale from Behind the Hollywood Curtain
  • A Rock and a Hard Place: One Boy's Triumphant Story
Bronx born, Sherrie Krantz grew up in New York and attended the University of Buffalo. She spent the first leg of her career as a public relations executive, first at Calvin Klein Inc. and then at Donna Karan International. From there, Sherrie founded Forever After Inc., parent company to www.Vivianlives.com and co-wrote The Autobiography of Vivian: A Novel and Vivian Lives. She continues to devel ...more
More about Sherrie Krantz...