Start by marking “Brackets” as Want to Read:
Brackets

Brackets (Brackets #1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Photojournalist Austin Edmunds is something of a loner, preferring his own company to all of the people his friends try to set him up with. A new assignment in the Smoky Mountains might just change all that, though, when Austin meets big, sexy hunk, Brack Edge. Austin has never experienced an attraction as immediate as the one he feels for Brack, and he loves the scenery a ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 15th 2008 by Torquere Press (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Brackets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brackets

Phaney
Back to this hit-and-miss author. More misses than hits, I’m afraid, and this one falls short of the mark as well. At least it’s not mean-spirited. But let’s start this off right.

The man evidently had a workshop called Edge Wood right on the outskirts of town. Austin figured that pretty much covered all his areas of expertise. Brack Edge seemed to be all about wood.

Am I the only one who is outrageously amused by this? Because I doubt Austin intended that innuendo there.

The narrative feels a litt
Erotic Horizon
Austin Edmunds, city boy and photojournalist, becomes fascinated along with the entire country by the death of two young men and the emotional heartbreak of their family. When he is sent up the Smokey Mountain on assignment to get their story – he is thrilled. His one plan for the day after finding the town is to find his guide Brack Edge. Coming up to the mountain no one told him that he would find the loveliest bear of a man, just waiting to be cuddled, which was exactly what Brack is.
Brack Ed
ElaineY
Austin's and Brack's romance is so saccharine, my teeth hurt. That's not a negative comment, by the way. It was a change to read a romance that started off right from Day One until the last page. Completely angst-free and problem-free, the book comes to a halt just when I was getting ready to see how Brack would take to New York.

Brackets is a simple, no-frills story of two men from vastly different worlds finding each other and no monsters of any kind to tear them apart. Much as I enjoyed Brack
garnetyuna
Less than 1 star.

I almost didn't want to finish this book.
Bored with the two MC's that got on my nerves almost immediately, bored with the story- if there was one at all. There was? o_O
I skipped pages and lots of text, because I couldn't stand it anymore.
I. simply. didn't. like. this. book.
SueM
A sugary-sweet novel, with what I found was just enough edge to prevent it being sickening, but for many, this novel will still be too sweet. This one will go on my comfort-read shelf, along with several others from this author. Yep, if you've read one by this author, you know the style. But I find these books are a perfect antidote the "life's crap" blues. :D
OkayKim
I just could not get into the writing style of this book. The two mc's bored me to tears and the plot (if there was one)didn't grab my interest.
Did not finish it.
Alison
Really got to my heart. Not many do. :)
Elisa Rolle
Brackets is almost a fairy tale, not since it has paranormal events, but since it's soo sweet and romantic that you almost have a glycaemia attack reading it. You think this is a bad thing? well not, I have a passion for sweet thing.

Let us start from the beginning. Austin is a photojournalist for a glittering New York gay men magazine. He is specialized in "from the heart" stories equipped with stunning pictures. So when the news that two twin brothers were killed in Iraq, and that they were two
CB
A very sexy story about falling in love. Charming and interesting MC's with some very hot sex. Not a lot of drama but great secondary characters keep the story flowing.
blub

Too sugary sweet for my taste. Austin feeling such strong attraction upon meeting Brack annoyed me a bit. After 2 years of trying to avoid being setup with the guy (who at that point he didn't know was his friend's brother) I found it hard that he could just start falling for the guy. Especially since he wasn't sure he could ever love again (er..didn't want to love again).

Randy, Bethany, Marveline and Homer's stories were interesting and heart aching. I thought the author could have ma
Jane (PS)
An extremely sweet story but with some tough side elements dealt to minor characters. I'd love to know if the family that our MC travels to meet and write about is based on a similar true life story.
Mrsgeo
Too much sweetness and light - from the main characters to the parents who had lost 8 children. Not to mention the mother who was blind. Just ....... too much.
Carolyn88
Great love story. All the characters are wonderful.
Michelle Patterson
Michelle Patterson marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
melek
melek is currently reading it
May 16, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Feb 13, 2015
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Sophia
Sophia added it
Dec 29, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • Life or Something Scary like That (Life, #1)
  • To Love a Cowboy
  • A Bid For Love
  • Red Skies
  • The Carpenter and the Fairy
  • Perfect Man
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • Mustang Hill (Falls Chance Ranch #3)
  • To Find and to Keep (Keeping You, #1)
  • Alternative Treatment
  • Sutcliffe Cove
  • Bodies of Work (Avondale Stories, #1)
Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1) Something for Santa Love, Jamie (Love, #1) For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3) Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2)