Start by marking “The Dog Next Door” as Want to Read:
The Dog Next Door

The Dog Next Door

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Keifer's a vet with a secret. Felix is his hunky next door neighbor. One weekend when they're both out enjoying a beautiful Saturday morning, Felix asks Keifer out for dinner and ice cream. One thing leads to another and the two discover that they're very compatible, in and out of bed.

Keifer's got that secret, though, and he's not sure exactly how to tell Felix about it an
Published October 2009 by Torquere (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dog Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dog Next Door

Martijn Hartman-maatman
Fun, but way way too short. All in three days they fall in love, the secret is revealed and everyone lives happily ever after.
Shelby P
There are only 4 chapters in this novella. The first chapter was great. I liked how the guys met and enjoyed their dinner date. Second chapter starts out with them having sex. It was hot the first time. Second chapter continues with them having more sex. Third chapter is all about sex. Fourth chapter is the big reveal. I was disappointed with this chapter as well. We don't even get to know what kind of dog Keifer turns into. And since when do shifters turn into ordinary dogs? I wanted a wolf. If ...more
Kassa
"The Dog Next Door" has a cute premise but unfortunately the story is empty, riddled with mistakes, and lacks variety in the numerous sex scenes. This may work as a filler story that readers can forget but there are better offerings from this author and the unfortunate choices this story makes are not likely to please even die-hard fans of the pen name. I’m not certain if there are just too many stories being pushed through or the reasoning, but the attention to detail and imagination is complet ...more
Veronica /  V
If you like this author you know what to expect, plenty sex, not enough plot and in my case, I'm ok with that.
I was surprise by the (view spoiler) this couple did not seem that kinky, however, it was nicely done and I didn’t mind it at all.
I would have love to read more about Keifer dog's form , he was just adorable.
Candice
Read on 4-16-18

Eh. I didn't really get why all of a sudden after a year of being neighbors/friends things progressed so quickly. I also didn't get Keifer's "dog", so only part of his family is a weredog? Also, he doesn't remember anything?

I also thought they took a lot of naps. I don't know why that bothered me.

The best part of this book was the fisting scene however short it was. The sex scenes were hot, too. I did like the plot idea and the characters though.
Rachel
A short story that could have been so good if longer.
Lots of sex and some getting to know each other.
Lucy
I wasn't sure about this one but it was adorable. You need to suspend belief, of course, with Felix's reaction, but it was worth it. Keifer's morning after, feeling "sort of like a python that had swallowed a buffalo" was just the beginning. It's "mate" and dog and all sorts of cute.
Jimmy Hanson
Schmex, schmex, schmex, some tender lovin' and some candid speaking, a first-time fisting, a first-time bareback, a little bit of tummy-passion and lots and LOTS of meat.

Very cute and light-hearted for a quick, in-between read. ^_^
Kayla N. Burgess
Rather Interesting.

Rather Interesting.
I don't know if I'd give it any more stars than this, but I do lick it
Very nice.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Species-shifters-non cat/wolf-shelf-a-thon challenge
Lisa
Lisa added it
Nov 27, 2014
Phetra Novak
Phetra Novak marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Sep 12, 2014
Makhda
Makhda marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Smartass
  • Lions and Tigers and Snares
  • Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2)
  • Dirty Cop
  • Needing You
  • Hard and Fast
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Exceptions to the Rule
  • Swept Away
  • Steamy (The Marriage Groups #1.5)
  • Lazy Valentines
  • In His Pocket
  • Semper Fi
  • Whistle Blowing
  • Cody's Revelation (Shifters' Haven, #2)
  • Unbound Surrender
  • Of Cocoa and Men
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...
Bent (Hammer, #1) Daddy, Daddy and Me Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated, #1) Found (Hammer, #3) Forged (Hammer, #8)