Start by marking “The Dog Next Door” as Want to Read:
The Dog Next Door

The Dog Next Door

Keifer's a vet with a secret. Felix is his hunky next door neighbor. One weekend when they're both out enjoying a beautiful Saturday morning, Felix asks Keifer out for dinner and ice cream. One thing leads to another and the two discover that they're very compatible, in and out of bed.

Keifer's got that secret, though, and he's not sure exactly how to tell Felix about it an
Published October 2009 by Torquere (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dog Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dog Next Door

Ann
Quick, dirty and charmingly cute. There was pretty minimal angst considering one MC discovers the other MC is a dog, but if the dude turns your crank when he's walking around on 2 legs why would you sweat the small stuff?
Martijn Hartman-maatman
Fun, but way way too short. All in three days they fall in love, the secret is revealed and everyone lives happily ever after.
Kassa
Apr 15, 2010 Kassa rated it did not like it
"The Dog Next Door" has a cute premise but unfortunately the story is empty, riddled with mistakes, and lacks variety in the numerous sex scenes. This may work as a filler story that readers can forget but there are better offerings from this author and the unfortunate choices this story makes are not likely to please even die-hard fans of the pen name. I’m not certain if there are just too many stories being pushed through or the reasoning, but the attention to detail and imagination is complet ...more
Shelby P
Mar 20, 2014 Shelby P rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
There are only 4 chapters in this novella. The first chapter was great. I liked how the guys met and enjoyed their dinner date. Second chapter starts out with them having sex. It was hot the first time. Second chapter continues with them having more sex. Third chapter is all about sex. Fourth chapter is the big reveal. I was disappointed with this chapter as well. We don't even get to know what kind of dog Keifer turns into. And since when do shifters turn into ordinary dogs? I wanted a wolf. If ...more
V
Apr 02, 2014 V rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like this author you know what to expect, plenty sex, not enough plot and in my case, I'm ok with that.
I was surprise by the (view spoiler) this couple did not seem that kinky, however, it was nicely done and I didn’t mind it at all.
I would have love to read more about Keifer dog's form , he was just adorable.
Candice
Read on 4-16-18

Eh. I didn't really get why all of a sudden after a year of being neighbors/friends things progressed so quickly. I also didn't get Keifer's "dog", so only part of his family is a weredog? Also, he doesn't remember anything?

I also thought they took a lot of naps. I don't know why that bothered me.

Jimmy Hanson
Oct 16, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it really liked it
Schmex, schmex, schmex, some tender lovin' and some candid speaking, a first-time fisting, a first-time bareback, a little bit of tummy-passion and lots and LOTS of meat.

Very cute and light-hearted for a quick, in-between read. ^_^
Lucy
Apr 15, 2014 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure about this one but it was adorable. You need to suspend belief, of course, with Felix's reaction, but it was worth it. Keifer's morning after, feeling "sort of like a python that had swallowed a buffalo" was just the beginning. It's "mate" and dog and all sorts of cute.
May 10, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
The best part of this book was the fisting scene however short it was. The sex scenes were hot, too. I did like the plot idea and the characters though.
Gerald Sessions
Apr 26, 2015 Gerald Sessions rated it it was amazing
Shot story but very well done. Don't let fear of rejection stop you from trying. Man's best friend and so much more.
Rachel
Jul 21, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short story that could have been so good if longer.
Lots of sex and some getting to know each other.
Kayla Burgess
Rather Interesting.

Rather Interesting.
I don't know if I'd give it any more stars than this, but I do lick it
Very nice.
~RMG
~RMG rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2012
Dee
Dee rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2010
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2011
Jbelle
Jbelle rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Abell
Abell rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Alexi Silversmith
Alexi Silversmith rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2010
Scott Henni
Scott Henni rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2015
Moomba
Moomba rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Asazi
Asazi rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Absynthe
Absynthe rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2010
Angelmira
Angelmira rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2010
Allie
Allie rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2010
Leaundra
Leaundra rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Electricity In the Contact
  • Dirty Drag 2: The Night Drags On
  • Smartass
  • Too Much Christmas Spirit  (New York Cowboy #1.5)
  • Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2)
  • Hard and Fast
  • Lions and Tigers and Snares
  • Needing You
  • Of Cocoa and Men
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • The Perfect Stranger
  • Exceptions to the Rule
  • In My Sights
  • Whistle Blowing
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
  • Claiming Ciaran (Outcasts, #2)
  • Semper Fi
  • Screw the Fags (Screwing the System, #1.5)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...