Warlord

Warlord

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  547 ratings  ·  25 reviews
In the year 1052, Euan Donald rules the Highlands with an iron fist. When a rival clan chieftain fails to deliver his betrothed to him, Euan decides to take matters into his own hands and acquire a bride the old fashioned way—he'll go steal one...

Present day: Janet Duval is in Scotland on business. One minute she is leaving the local pub after having dinner and drinks with...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Warlord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warlord

Lynsey
There are some themes in romance that I just can not get enough of and captured/kidnapped bride is one of them. Jaid Black writes this theme really well and never disappoints me.

I know some would gasp and think it shameful, but despite being an enlightened and independent woman the idea of being carried off and ravaged by a great big strapping warrior is almost unbearably exciting! WHERE DO I SIGN UP??

Holjo
This is my idea of a great Highlander romance. There is just enough magic to give the story a paranormal feel, and the men are big bad sexy masculine characters that you can really sink your teeth into (no pun intended.)

Janet and Morag are best friends living in current day Scotland. After a night out at a local pub, they depart for home only to find themselves caught in a strange fog. When the fog clears, the two women are face to face with several huge Scottish Warriors. Although it seems impo...more
Jane Stewart
Excellent. Good story telling for erotica. This was a fun story, very hot and good characters. Janet and Morag go through a mist which takes them back in time to 1052. They are found by two Scottish men who take them.

Data:
Story length: 103 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: nine. Setting: present day and 1052 Scotland. Copyright: 2001. Genre: erotic time travel romance.

This story is also published in the anthology Bedtime, Playtime: Ellora’s Cave..

Other Books:
For a list of my...more
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
This is my first Jaid Black I read, and I still love it the best. It's erotic, but it's a sweet story. Wish it was me in the story! Would love a huge, muscled bloke to snatch me up. Love it!
Bianca
An entertaining captured bride story! Very steamy! It's a short read but still good!
Timeforme
Rated at 2.5
Main Characters:
Euan Donald - Ruler of the Highlands in 1052
Janet Duval - A present day woman in Scotland on business

Synopsis:
Magic happens and merges the timelines between Euan and Janet so that Janet and her friend, Morag, are transported to Euan's time. Euan and his brothers are raiding another clan for wives when Janet and Morag are captured. Euan takes Janet to be his wife. The story revolves around Janet and Morag coming to terms with being around 1000 years in the past, as wel...more
tyrene
It was just alright

steamy and sexy,...if hot highlands are your thing. the down side, flimsy story-very short and I think too much money for the amount of words. However, it is written well or rather concisely.
TinaMarie
Novella, also in Bedtime, Playtime anthology. Luscious, I didn't want it to end, I want more men in kilts stealing wenches from the future to marry and care for them. I know I'll be dreaming of men in kilts tonight
Dawn ♥ romance
A fun short erotic time travel romance going back to 11th century Scotland with lots of alpha warriors. Plenty of action to balance all the sex and I enjoyed the double romance. In 1052 leader Euan takes his clan to steal women and finds present day Janet.
HotReadingMom
One of my all time favorite! Great alpha male!
Lady Raven RAVE!
Love Euan and Janets story loved how he steals her and love how the language barrier did not stop them from having good sex....good plot also not into time travel types but this got an A+ from me.

******************
Feel free to join my book group on facebook ( Romance Novel Junkies) we have over 450 members and counting which includes well known and indie authors and avid readers as members who are apart of this group who would love to hear about new books and thoughts also check out our kindle...more
Erin Kyle
I'm a fan. It's a simple-ish story but a complete one. A well-rounded one.

I like (and believe) the relationship between Euan and Janet. Theirs seems genuine. Short-ish but the story doesn't suffer because of it. Oh, and it's very hawt!! So if you're looking for a fun bit of highland fantasy with hawt lovin' and a HEA, this story is definitely for you
MK
I really like this story, with the combination of time travel, hunky hero and a heroine that discovers self-worth. The scenes are hot and sweet, showing that a hard lord (no pun intended) does have his vulnerabilities. I wish that this story is longer so that I can enjoy it more. I also wish that the heroine's friend also have her ending describe.
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Janet and her friend Morag walk into a mysterious fog and end up captured in the arms of two fearsome Highland warriors from the past.

This was a short but enjoyable read, it was definately very hot and steamy and now every time I see fog and I am going to walk through and hope Euan is on the otherside, that man is talented
Donna
A quick but very enjoyable read. A little fantasy, a lot of erotic romance, and a HEA ending. Perfect for a sunny day at the beach. Black has such a nice touch when it comes to the characters in her stories. Euan and Janet are a great combo.
SheLove2Read
Jun 19, 2012 SheLove2Read rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to SheLove2Read by: Holjo
Shelves: 2012
*Fans self* Whew - what a read! If you're looking for a down and dirty, Scottish time travel....definitely check this one out. This was my first read by Jaid Black but it won't be my last. 4.5 stars
Josee
A nice quick read. As per Jaid Black, lots of nipples that keep on getting longer and harder. Of men who are huge in height and privates and So many orgasms that you cant keep count of them.
Bettie
this book got me hot under the collar, the book got me reading more erotic books, i wanted my hands on more of these books. yum...he can have me anyday.
C A Salo
I have this in E-book.
Great time travel book. A head stron woman, confronting a middleAges Warrior.
The sparks fly!! Love it!!
Kathy
very nice short story. the primes was fun and the characters were interesting and believable. A very sexy fantasy.
Daphne Marzana
It's a cute short story. Would have been a little more realistic in some parts if it was longer but overall sweet
Jill
Quick enjoyable read of time travel, highland warriors, reiven ( but not cows) and a sexy happily ever after.
Larissa Brown
Two stars for one of my favorite means of time travel...drinks at a pub + wandering + it's foggy.
Ravita
oh my loved it .. heated my blood ......hehe
Lyla
Awesome...it is a feel good fun romance : )
Angela
Angela added it
Sep 14, 2014
  • Kieran the Black
  • Wizard's Chance (The Realm, #1)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Big Bad Wolf
  • Warlord
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • Manaconda (includes Trek Mi Q'an novella & Horde Wars #4)
  • Highland Stone
  • Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)
  • Arabian Pearl (Brothers of the Absinthe Club, #1)
  • Alpha Romeos (Magick Men, #3)
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, # 1)
  • Tutoring Lady Jane
  • Dragon's Fire (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • Curvosity
  • King of Clubs (Wonderland, #4)
  • Vampire Vintage
  • The Legend MacKinnon
Jaid Black is the pseudonym of Tina M. Engler, the founder & owner of Ellora's Cave Publishing. Ms. Engler has been featured in every available news outlet, from the Washington Post and L.A. Times to Forbes, Publisher's Weekly, national TV news stations, and the Montel Show. Ms. Engler was officially recognized by Romantic Times Magazine with their first ever Trail Blazer award as the mastermi...more
More about Jaid Black...
The Empress' New Clothes (Trek Mi Q'an, #1) Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1) Enslaved (Trek Mi Q'an, #3) No Mercy (Trek Mi Q'an, #2) No Escape (Trek Mi Q'an, #4)