Start by marking “When I Loved Myself Enough” as Want to Read:
When I Loved Myself Enough

When I Loved Myself Enough

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  18 reviews
When I Loved Myself Enough began as one woman's gift to the world, hand-made by Kim McMillen. Book by book, reader by reader, When I Loved Myself Enough was passed along from friend to friend, shared by parents with their children, and given as a gift at special occasions. As word spread, it's heartfelt honesty and universal truths won it a growing following. It brings to ...more
Published November 10th 2001 by St. Martin's Press (first published September 7th 2001)

Christina
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ....... LOVE. I cannot say enough about this work of art. Thank you, thank you. xo
Sharon Gausch
Lovely and thought-provoking, yet so simple. This book contains much food for thought.
George Lester
A very sweet, very short book of notes on how you can choose to be happy. Really lovely stuff!
Esther
Nov 08, 2014 Esther added it
My mother purchased this book after it caught her eye while she was visiting me in Australia. Ten years later and it is just the kind of philosophy I need to be surrounded by. Short and easy to read, the reader is being given a glimpse into what self-love and ultimately self-respect looked like for the author. We could all stand to truly love ourselves a little more and this is a wonderful place to start by seeing what that can look like.
Kelly
Goodness gracious. What have I learned from this book?

That I need to be kinder to myself and find a learning experience out of everything. Even the hard things.

It's a healing, easy-to-read, easy-to-fall-in-love-with-myself kind of book that, I daresay, everyone will need to read in their lifetime. McMillan embraces the hard times and difficult, dark days and makes them into something beautiful.
Dayva
Possibly the best self help book I've ever read. Also the one with the fewest words. I give copies to every woman I meet who needs to learn to love herself. Most pages have no more than a dozen words, but extremely powerful words. So sad that the author passed away before the book was published, by her daughter. More of her wisdom would have been precious to this world.
Bara'ah
I read it in one sitting, it consists of short, pageily advices, nice and warm.
I personally didnt find it very beneficial because I have read similar and even better books, therefor rated it 2.5,, not because it's bad,, but it's not awesome either,,
Emma
The idea of this book is lovely, especially for somebody in recovery from something or suffering from self doubt.

However some of the pages I didn't agree with, it wasn't all helpful.
Deepa
Found this cute lil thing in Chartiy shop for 1.75! Its a nice "cheer me up"! I am so tempted to make one book myself.. with paintings and nice words :)
Nick
Of all the books I recommend to other readers, I recommend this more than any other. Even for those who dislike reading, this book is a must.
Caffection Mariah  Byron
This is a quick, inspirational must read. It will remind you to share the light within, someone out there needs to see your light today!
Anna
A little gem of a book. It basically says what I have spent years learning about; ie it's OK to be kind to yourself.
Stephanie
Good ideas on self-love. One of my favorite statements, "My life serves my evolution."
Catharine
Every day .. a perfect way to ground oneself and redirect life's flow.
Renae
Great self nurture book , loved it
Natasha Wills
Sweet and simple :)
Lainy
Lovely little book.
Sina Saberi
a feel-good book
Angie Sh
Angie Sh marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Lehlohonolo Senoko
Lehlohonolo Senoko marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Lehlohonolo Senoko
Lehlohonolo Senoko marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Imane
Imane marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Radwa
Radwa marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
NadOo Mohamed
NadOo Mohamed marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Brye
Brye marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Kimber
Kimber added it
Apr 25, 2015
Habiba Mahmoud
Habiba Mahmoud marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
  • The Children's Illustrated Bible
  • The Bread of Angels: A Memoir of Love and Faith
  • The Long Rain
  • Modernism
  • Chocolate for a Woman's Soul: 77 Stories to Feed Your Spirit and Warm Your Heart
  • Summer with the Millionaire
  • The Vein of Gold
  • A Woman's Book of Life
  • Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales
Micmillen's Texas Gardening: Spring Flowers Texas Gardening: Fruit (Texas Gardening) McMillen's Texas Gardening: Perennials (Mcmillen's Texas Gardening Series) When I Loved Myself Enough When I Loved Myself Enough

“When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn't healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits - anything that kept me small.

My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.”
91 likes
“When I loved myself enough, I no longer needed things or people to make me feel safe.” 33 likes