Start by marking “The Conqueror's Lady (The Knights of Brittany, #2) (Harlequin Historical, #954)” as Want to Read:
The Conqueror's Lady (The Knights of Brittany, #2) (Harlequin Historical, #954)

The Conqueror's Lady (The Knights of Brittany, #2) (The Knights of Brittany #2)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  257 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Strong, ruthless, brave and honorable, Giles Fitzhenry is a born warrior who has never been able to shake off the shame of his illegitimate birth.
To save her people and lands, the lady Fayth is forced to marry this powerful Breton knight. She yearns to be rid of her unwelcome husband, although a deep desire stirs each time she looks into his piercing gaze.
Now Giles has c
Published July 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about The Conqueror's Lady (The Knights of Brittany, #2)

Lynn Spencer
3.5 stars I had mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand, I thought the author did a great job of giving it a real setting. There is no mistaking that this book is not only a medieval, but that it is set in England shortly after the Conquest. The romance sits nicely front and center, but the backstory of the Normans establishing their rule over the Saxons after having won at Hastings runs continuously through the story such that the romance and the rest of the story are inseparable.

And th
Émeraude

Well...review in portugais! sorry u_u

Primeiro livro da excelente série Os cavaleiros da Bretanha, "The Conqueror's Lady", conta a história de Lorde Giles o bastardo bretão agraciado com terras e um título, além de uma noiva.
Já tive a oportunidade de ler os três livros da série, mas fiz um caminho inverso nessa ordem: 2,3 e 1. Sendo que o meu personagem preferido encontra-se no livro 3 (Soren <3), mas na minha opinião o melhor livro é o número 1, a história de Giles é muito bem trabalhada e d
Cris
Estou adorando essa autora! Ela escreve sobre uma idade média real, e não aquela aguinha com açúcar idealizada, com cavaleiros em armaduras reluzentes e moçoilas ingênuas trancadas na torre. Digamos que aqui o buraco é mais embaixo...

A historia se passa na época da conquista da Inglaterra por William, o Conquistador e da carnificina que se seguiu.
Giles é um filho bastardo, que junto com outros dois amigos, também bastardos, recebem de William feudos para defender. E Giles chega com a missão de
Karla
Beautiful cover has the promise of a great book, but it was anything but. By-the-numbers and uninvolving. The author could have benefited from a strict editor, as Brisbin seems infatuated with the phrase "once more" and the word "more" in general. The dialogue is stiff and Medieval 101, at times sounding drawn out to increase word count. The overall quality was run of the mill fanfiction with a vast share of the book concerned with groin-tightening and wet lady parts at the expense of any real c ...more
PMHE
I really wanted to like this book, but it just did not deliver. I was really annoyed with the heroine, Fayth. She behaved in ways that I found unintelligent and lacking common sense. For example, she still refers to Edmond as one of her "dearest friends" near the end of the book and he had certainly proven himself to not be a friend at all. She made other decisions to withhold information from Giles that just didn't make any sense.

But what really killed the book for me was the fact that the read
Evelyn
Despite his illigetimate birth, Giles Fitzhenry fought with William the Conqueror and was rewarded with the lands of the Baron of Taerford, who died in the battle. Now Giles must marry the Baron's daughter Lady Fayth to unite his new lands.

Read for the romance writer's awards. I really enjoyed this book more than I thought I would.
Linda Andrews
This is my first introduction to this author and I found this a fun and compelling read.
Reading Fanatic
Claudia
This was more or less a solid read but there quite some things which did nothing for me.

I cared for Giles and could understand him and his motives. he was very honorable and honest but sometimes I wanted to kick him, as he let Fayth off the hook too easily.
Fayth could have been a great character but she lost some of my respect with her actions and although she tried to do her best in the end, I admire Giles for reacting as he had.

all in all, a good but not perfect read
Gail
This light, fun romance novel flows nicely and entertains thanks to Brisbin's trademark perspective shifting and clear, intelligent writing. Unfortunately, the heroine didn't appeal the way hers usually do, and the relationship between the two lacked an emotional heat that left the steamy scenes falling flat. Though not my favorite, since it's Brisbin, it's still good.
Amanda
Ok... at first I was thinking that this book would get a solid 3 star from me.... but not by the end. There was too much "blah blah blah" Another reviewer described it as: "...Medival 101 to bring up the word count..." Pretty much spot on. If the two leads weren't having sex, then they were talking about sex/thinking about sex, or..... medival 101.... There just really wasn't a good enough story to suck me in on. Yeah, the basic romance story was there, I've read this type of story before.... an ...more
Shopgirl
Can't think of anything I didn't enjoy about this. I liked the writing style and the setting was pretty cool. I never found myself annoyed with the characters, which is always a good thing. Will look for more of the author's books in the future.
Amanda Penley
i enjoy all of this authors books :)
Lois
SheLove2Read
Started out really great and had potential to be "not just another highland romance" but sadly toward the end, the author fell back on the tried and tired themes of trust issues and the female lead not listening to reason.
Readitnweep
He's never been able to get over his illegitimate birth and she's forced to marry him. This was okay: characters and plot were okay but didn't suck me in as other Brisbin books have.
Tasneem
Having wanted to read this for a while, I was not disappointed. Well written I adored Giles. He is so noble and struggles so hard to find his feet as a suddenly elevated Lord.
Great historical. Really enjoy the differences between characters and how they came together and had their HEA.
Kiru Taye
TB delivered a scorcher. Just the way I love my historical romance full of adventure and passion.
Lubna
a mills and boon...no need to say more.
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Kiran Sidhu
Kiran Sidhu marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 05, 2015 10:09AM
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Holding (Medieval Knights, #1)
  • The Viking's Defiant Bride (Victorious Vikings #1)
  • Bedded by the Warrior (Harlequin Historical, #950)
  • Her Warrior King
  • The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4)
  • Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1)
  • More Than a Mistress (Rakes in Disgrace, #2)
  • The Shy Duchess
  • The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • The Border Lord
  • Lord Greville's Captive
  • The Greatest of Sins (Sinner and Saint, #1)
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
Terri Brisbin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author and three-time RWA RITA finalist, and has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 33 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin and Kensington Books. Now working on more romances for NAL/Signet and Harlequin, Terri has also ...more
More about Terri Brisbin...

The Knights of Brittany (4 books)
  • A Night for Her Pleasure (The Knights of Brittany, #1) (Harlequin Historical Undone!)
  • The Mercenary's Bride
  • His Enemy's Daughter
Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1) Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3) Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2) His Enemy's Daughter Kidnapping the Laird